Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2014, 11:58 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I think they are stupid for voting democrat.
The black community is in shambles since the "great society" experiment of Lyndon johnson.
How kind of you to prove my point!

Old 05-27-2014, 11:59 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,419,467 times
This thread and others like it make me curious about whether Republicans would prefer to whine about elections or win them.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:00 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Black voter commitment to black candidates was shown in the 2008 Hillary vs Obama primaries.
And guess what? They initially supported Clinton. Hillary Clinton had a 24% lead over President Obama in October 2007. It was when Obama starting doing very well among White voters in Iowa, a state where Blacks make up 2-3% of the population, then Blacks started putting their support behind President Obama.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:01 PM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
yep! blacks see everything wrong in their lives as racism by the white man.
Until you learn to pick yourselves up, dust yourself off and stop expecting the government to wipe your ass for you and feed off the public tit, this is going to happen. Also, get rid of the chip on your shoulder and stop bringing down black people who actually have made a good life for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
How kind of you to prove my point!

Old 05-27-2014, 12:01 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
This thread and others like it make me curious about whether Republicans would prefer to whine about elections or win them.
This thread makes me wonder if Democrats like being lied to. "if you like your healthcare you can keep your healthcare". "I'll get to the bottom of this" "al-quaeda is on the run" and on and on..

And wow, go figure, those shovel ready jobs weren't so shovel ready.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:02 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Yup, if you also look into the statistic that the least educated (HS graduates, nothing wrong with that BTW--and those with *some* high school education i.e. drop outs) in society overwhelmingly voted Democrat, then I think it's further highlights that point. It's a variable that is conveniently ignored here.
I cite that statistic when liberals claim the right-wing is uneducated. It simply isn't true. That title overwhelmingly belongs to the left. They get really upset when they cannot refute that fact.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:04 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,419,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
This thread makes me wonder if Democrats like being lied to. "if you like your healthcare you can keep your healthcare". "I'll get to the bottom of this" "al-quaeda is on the run" and on and on..

And wow, go figure, those shovel ready jobs weren't so shovel ready.
This is exactly what I am talking about. Whining. Whining about people who vote democratic, whining about laws passed by democrats, whining about democrats generally. Whining, whining, whining. Though it is easier then trying to win an election.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Fear of Republicans? Of course they do....as Joe Biden wants you to believe "they put you back in chains". Obviously fear mongering works for Democrats.
Such a comment shows ignorance. Such distrust of Republicans goes much further than Joe Biden. Blacks stopped voting Republican in large numbers since the 1960s.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
The most drastic contrast between income "inequality", gentrification, and social segregation are between blacks and whites in blue states. And yes, this has everything to do with Democratic Rule, even those blacks who reside in Red states overwhelmingly support Democratic contenders on the left end of the isle. And I have no idea of what you're talking about in regards to OOW births and pregnancies--it's an argument that you simply cannot win when it comes to comparing and contrasting the end result and after effects of their respective communities. And BTW, my great great grand parents WERE married, as were their children, my grand parents and my very own parents. Your great grand parents were in the "minority" in black families back then. Prior to the mid--1960s, black marriage rates were relatively similar to those of white families, and even in some cases HIGHER depending on where the community was located.
Could blue states have higher lives, sure, but I live in the South.

Black people live on one side of town, white people live on the other, this is the same of every town in my county as well as the neighboring 4. We have community based schools,s0 up until the middle school level, black kids go to one elementary school, and white kids go to another, We have our own churches as well. Despite the 2 open threads created by Northerners who have never visited the South, this place is still segregated.

As for the inequality part, a majority in the South being right at poverty level(equality by poverty for all) doesnt change the argument.

30% of ALabama is black, Democrats get the majority of that vote, And Republicans hold every single state wide office. So who black people vote for does not matter because a Republican will still win.

My argument for OOW and pregnancies is we dont know the real number of single parent house holds because its simply defined as not being married.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
FYI - You aren't black nor are you a black spokesperson.
Well, I have to wonder based on some posts.

//www.city-data.com/forum/34975422-post30.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/34975573-post37.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies