Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 06:14 PM

833 posts, read 1,199,851 times

Advertisements

Wooooooooo! I have 2 untraceable ar 15's that are LEGAL. You scared now?

I have a better plan. Let's make breaking laws illegal. Oh wait?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 01:31 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,746,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazyattic View Post
Wooooooooo! I have 2 untraceable ar 15's that are LEGAL. You scared now?

I have a better plan. Let's make breaking laws illegal. Oh wait?
Just wait until cheap metal printers come out...

Old 07-24-2014, 07:48 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Oh good grief. I have some doubts about the truth of the story. I will only add that anyone that has converted a semi-auto into full-auto capable does not broadcast it and would only share that information with a very select, if any, small group of very trusted friends or family, no one wants the ATF kicking their door in at 2am and taking them off to jail and in the process losing all their guns, even the legal ones. If you do it, keep your big mouth shut, if you are thinking about it think long and hard and trust only those you have to trust, yes, people Will turn you in, even people you believe you can trust, never forget some people may be only a friend in your mind.
True ATF Horror Story (I was there):
I was sitting at a bar having a few cold ones with a friend of mine and just talking. We started talking about guns and what we had and what we were still looking to buy. Someone else was listening and called the Police which notified the ATF and later that night my friends home was raided and he was carted off to jail and every gun he owned was confiscated. They charged him with owning illegal automatic weapons, which he did own but they were not illegal, he had all the required licences/tax stamps and paperwork and even tried showing it to the officers when they raided his home, they ignored it all. He was able to bond out the next morning and all charges were eventually dropped. Did he get his guns back, nope, not one, not even his hand guns and deer rifles and shotguns. He was forced to hire an attorney and was able to get them to pay the cost it would take to replace his collection after much delay and effort, what happened to the guns is anyones guess. Problem is as a collector he had spent years collecting rifles and handguns that were very rare and expensive to buy and in some cases where simply no longer available, not to mention two of the guns had been handed down to him by his father and as such were not replaceable. So, the moral of the story is that the ATF does not give a rats arse about your rights and watch what you say in public, it can come back to bite you where you sit in a very harsh way.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:53 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Oh good grief. I have some doubts about the truth of the story. I will only add that anyone that has converted a semi-auto into full-auto capable does not broadcast it and would only share that information with a very select, if any, small group of very trusted friends or family, no one wants the ATF kicking their door in at 2am and taking them off to jail and in the process losing all their guns, even the legal ones. If you do it, keep your big mouth shut, if you are thinking about it think long and hard and trust only those you have to trust, yes, people Will turn you in, even people you believe you can trust, never forget some people may be only a friend in your mind.
I was sitting at a bar having a few cold ones with a friend of mine and just talking. We started talking about guns and what we had and what we were still looking to buy. Someone else was listening and called the Police which notified the ATF and later that night my friends home was raided and he was carted off to jail and every gun he owned was confiscated. They charged him with owning illegal automatic weapons, which he did own but they were not illegal, he had all the required licences/tax stamps and paperwork and even tried showing it to the officers when they raided his home, they ignored it all. He was able to bond out the next morning and all charges were eventually dropped. Did he get his guns back, nope, not one, not even his hand guns and deer rifles and shotguns. He was forced to hire an attorney and was able to get them to pay the cost it would take to replace his collection after much delay and effort, what happened to the guns is anyones guess. Problem is as a collector he had spent years collecting rifles and handguns that were very rare and expensive to buy and in some cases where simply no longer available, not to mention two of the guns had been handed down to him by his father and as such were not replaceable. So, the moral of the story is that the ATF does not give a rats arse about your rights and watch what you say in public, it can come back to bite you where you sit in a very harsh way.
That is some wrong stuff.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
That is some wrong stuff.
That is the ATF.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:03 AM

741 posts, read 916,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
There should be case information associated with this.
What is it? I'd be interested to verify if this story is indeed true.

I know there are horror stories with the ATF but I am very, very skeptical about that story.
They don't go kicking in doors because someone said they overheard someone at a bar said he had a this-or-that gun. Assuming the person who 'reported' it even knew your identities for one reason or another, you'll definitely get investigated, you might get a GPS tracker put on the bottom of your car but the idea that mere hours later a raid is executed based on something someone overheard in a bar is borderline absurd and now the way things work in the real world.

Of course, if such a freak, outlier of a case did happen, the case information should outline it all.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:09 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,940,850 times
Most of these nut cases don't have the expertise, tools or mentality to build so much as a saturday night special. Much less to assemble a AK. If they can't get the finished product, they don't get it. Why do you think they haven't started building bombs instead...They simply aren't bright enough.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:14 AM

78,450 posts, read 60,652,129 times
It's continuously pathetic that people keep pulling out rare examples of guys making a gun or the concealed carry guy that accidentally shoots himself.

Nothing more than an attempt to make them seem like big scary common issues while in the meantime the vast vast majority of gun problems in the US are urban gang and drug violence.

But for the people making a fuss over things like that, it's not politically comfortable talking about that aspect....they need to try to pin it on the other party so you get posts like this.

The reality of the situation is that most anti-gun types are trying to pass the buck for the racist urban policies of their own party who basically don't want to spend money on the poor.....and try to pin it on the other party. When you have murder rates in Chicago 40x higher in neighborhoods just 3 miles apart....the problem is economic and social....not gun availability.

Old 07-24-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaba View Post
There should be case information associated with this.
What is it? I'd be interested to verify if this story is indeed true.

I know there are horror stories with the ATF but I am very, very skeptical about that story.
They don't go kicking in doors because someone said they overheard someone at a bar said he had a this-or-that gun. Assuming the person who 'reported' it even knew your identities for one reason or another, you'll definitely get investigated, you might get a GPS tracker put on the bottom of your car but the idea that mere hours later a raid is executed based on something someone overheard in a bar is borderline absurd and now the way things work in the real world.

Of course, if such a freak, outlier of a case did happen, the case information should outline it all.
Could not tell you a case number even if I wanted to, and I do not, since I was named in the case and there is no way I give out such information on myself or a friend. You can say what you will, they kicked door so hard it came off the hinges, I helped replace the door so I saw the damage done. Yes, most of the people at the bar were familar with us andmany knew where we lived, when asked later no one had the B*lls to admit they were the one that called. They stated that the information provided was detailed enough and alarming enough for them to get the warrant they needed and that was that. I really do not care one way or the other whether you believe what I posted or not, does not change the fact that it happened and it was in the "real world". I will let you know that it happened in the early 90s and it was in Kansas City, oh and I doubt they even had GPS tracking devices at that time, so much for that thought. Maybe you can dig harder and find it, as I said in the end the case was dismissed because he comitted no crime.

Old 07-24-2014, 11:08 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
This Loophole needs to be closed. Great way for a criminal or a mental case to get a rifle.

I Built This AK-47. It's Legal and Totally Untraceable. | Mother Jones
uhm and what is wrong with a SEMI-automatic rifle???

semi auto= one bullet per trigger squeeze

and linking to commie-jones.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies