Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2014, 08:57 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Lol, I've never seen someone try so hard
I sure didn't have to try hard at all. Are you saying this can't happen? It sure can and does happen. Gangbangers have tons of drug cash and they go down many avenues to get anything they want.They don't have to be a machinist (a trade they might learn in prison) They have the cash to buy the people to make them for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 09:39 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I sure didn't have to try hard at all. Are you saying this can't happen? It sure can and does happen. Gangbangers have tons of drug cash and they go down many avenues to get anything they want.They don't have to be a machinist (a trade they might learn in prison) They have the cash to buy the people to make them for them.
Anything can happen, but we don't have laws against every single possibility ever. Plus even if this was illegal, why do you think all the criminals you think are making these guns would just stop?

You should have a conversation with a police officer and they will explain to you how bright and resourceful criminals are. They became criminals for a reason. Plus they don't have machinist classes In prison.

The fact is criminals are not doing this, fact. So why are you so worried about it? Why are you so scared that someone makes a rifle in there garage when people who make rifles in their garage do not commit crimes?

Old 06-06-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
All joe has to do is go to a gun store and buy more.

So are you saying that you would be scard to call the cops and say your guns have been stolen? Poor analogy.
Except for the 10 day wait at the gun store to purchase a gun. Here in California if he had purchased a handgun recently, he would have to wait 30 days from purchase to buy another handgun.

Yours striking out left and right.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Anything can happen, but we don't have laws against every single possibility ever. Plus even if this was illegal, why do you think all the criminals you think are making these guns would just stop?

You should have a conversation with a police officer and they will explain to you how bright and resourceful criminals are. They became criminals for a reason. Plus they don't have machinist classes In prison.

The fact is criminals are not doing this, fact. So why are you so worried about it? Why are you so scared that someone makes a rifle in there garage when people who make rifles in their garage do not commit crimes?
I am not scared about anything. It is all about serial numbers and you guys cannot refute that i am right.
I do notice that any one that doesn't agree with some of you then some of the gun guys really go after you and very often a person will just quit because it is not worth the attacks.

I am not a quitter and i am a responsible gun owner. I have learned a lot from this thread. Thanks.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I am not scared about anything. It is all about serial numbers and you guys cannot refute that i am right.
I do notice that any one that doesn't agree with some of you then some of the gun guys really go after you and very often a person will just quit because it is not worth the attacks.

I am not a quitter and i am a responsible gun owner. I have learned a lot from this thread. Thanks.
Your argument is "I think we should do this because I think it is a good idea and here are some made of examples of things that do not happen and I cannot find any actual examples of this being an actual problem"

The bar is set much higher for restricting civil rights.

People quite because they realize they do not know what they are talking about. This is very common when you take a lay person re firearms who thinks they know what is best for other re firearms. Your not the first person to come up with silly proposals that won't work, and you won't be the last.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Except for the 10 day wait at the gun store to purchase a gun. Here in California if he had purchased a handgun recently, he would have to wait 30 days from purchase to buy another handgun.

Yours striking out left and right.
In KS you walk in and walk out with your gun.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
In KS you walk in and walk out with your gun.
Not everyone lives in KS

Old 06-06-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Not everyone lives in KS
I am talking serial numbers as: this thread is about. Let's stay on topic. I let you lead me away. My fault.

Yes we are spread out across the USA.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
I am talking serial numbers as: this thread is about. Let's stay on topic. I let you lead me away. My fault.

Yes we are spread out across the USA.
You are the one who brought up going into a gun store and walking out with a gun.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
You are the one who brought up going into a gun store and walking out with a gun.
Are you going to split hairs just to avoid admitting my talk about serial numbers is actually a good thing?
You have always been down to earth on these subjects. I am thinking that some cannot see the forest for the trees.

I have given some very good reasons and all i got back was WELL BUT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies