Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 07:18 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Daily News is left wing??
Think solid, blue-collar union Democrats who think all Republicans belong to country clubs. They ain't the brightest, but they are a reliable Democratic vote, especially here in NY. That's the Daily News demographic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 07:25 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
If Obama has lost the NY Daily News, he's lost the left
Maybe, but that won't stop them from being a shill for the next candidate with a (D) after their name with all the adoration they heaped on Obama when he was running. They don't need to worry about getting him elected, and probably don't think Biden will be viable, so they no longer need to lick his boots - they'll save that for Hillary.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:29 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I'm predicting his last act as President will be to free Federal prisoners and set off a massive crime wave.
The real criminals in this country aren't behind bars.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:55 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
The GOP never stops amazing me as to how stupid and easily duped they are. They just are not mean, ruthless nor evil enough to win the game against the New Democratic Party. Saw a headline today some law professor said Obama is the President Nixon wanted to be...just as evil. So, yes, if the GOP takes the Senate, I expect them to try impeachment....idiots. It would be far better to let the American mouth breathers get used to double utility costs, double, to triple health insurance costs and much more.
The dems never stops amazing me as to how stupid and easily duped they are.

They didn't learn after O's first term and voted to re-elect him.

" So, yes, if the GOP takes the Senate, I expect them to try impeachment....idiots."

I believe the repubs WILL keep the House and take the Senate.

I do NOT think they will go after impeachment.They will be too bust trying to clean up O's messes that he and the reid created

Old 06-05-2014, 07:36 AM

4,583 posts, read 3,410,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
IF President Obama broke the law, it would be the right thing to do.
He signed the law, so he should know what's in it, right

IMO, the only one doing any trickery is this administration.

True, but American voters do nor reward the right thing anymore. Part of my point is with Feinstein out here now suggesting impeachment, do you really think she would vote for such and not decry the GOP if charges actually arose form the house?

This is the trickery of the administration, get their shills to scream impeachment, then use that prospect for political gain in November.

Old 06-05-2014, 07:38 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,715,330 times
All newspapers and other media outlets (with the exception of some sites on the Internet) are owned and operated by big corporations, often multi-nationals.

Do you really think *any* of them are 'left-wing'?

Old 06-05-2014, 07:42 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
Wow. The New York Daily News, a daily with a left-leaning editorial page, came out swinging Wednesday morning with an editorial accusing President Obama of "surrendering without honor" to the Taliban and betraying the highest obligation of his office "in trading five hard-core Taliban for the American serviceman who appears to have deserted in Afghanistan."

Surrender without honor
Obama swap with Taliban endangers the country
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Wednesday, June 4, 2014, 2:59 AM

Read more: Surrender without honor* - NY Daily News
Leon Panetta has come out saying he opposed this exchange, and assumed that it was such a bad idea that it would never happen.

Leon Panetta questions prisoner swap with Taliban

I said, ‘Wait, I have an obligation under the law,'” Panetta said during a lunchtime address at the Hart Energy Developing Unconventionals DUG East conference at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Downtown.

“If I send prisoners from Guantanamo, they have to guarantee they don't go back to the battlefield. I had serious concerns.”
He said talks fell apart because the Taliban “asked for five top guys.” He did not say when during his 2011-13 tenure in the Pentagon that discussions took place.

“I just assumed it was never going to happen,” Panetta said

Old 06-05-2014, 07:44 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
All newspapers and other media outlets (with the exception of some sites on the Internet) are owned and operated by big corporations, often multi-nationals.

Do you really think *any* of them are 'left-wing'?
Really??

George Soros: Media Mogul | Media Research Center

Old 06-05-2014, 08:13 AM

1,347 posts, read 954,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I'm neither Republican nor Democrat, but how people can support this feckless nitwit is beyond me. He actually makes the previous president look downright competent in comparison.
No credible, honest person, even with the propaganda of large parts of the media still running interference for him, can possibly still believe he is a good president.

His foreign policy failures alone have reached the height of mount everest, and will need years, if not decades, to fix by the next administration.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:23 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Wow. The New York Daily News, a daily with a left-leaning editorial page, came out swinging Wednesday morning with an editorial accusing President Obama of "surrendering without honor" to the Taliban and betraying the highest obligation of his office "in trading five hard-core Taliban for the American serviceman who appears to have deserted in Afghanistan."

Surrender without honor
Obama swap with Taliban endangers the country
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Wednesday, June 4, 2014, 2:59 AM

Read more: Surrender without honor* - NY Daily News
conservatives live in a fantasy world. Yes, President Obama is doomed because brought home a POW that conservatives were just demanding he bring home.

And he violated the law by releasing prisoners that are being held by the US government for over a decade who have never been charged with a crime nor given a trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies