Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 08:43 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,263,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Leon Panetta has come out saying he opposed this exchange, and assumed that it was such a bad idea that it would never happen.

Leon Panetta questions prisoner swap with Taliban

I said, ‘Wait, I have an obligation under the law,'” Panetta said during a lunchtime address at the Hart Energy Developing Unconventionals DUG East conference at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Downtown.

“If I send prisoners from Guantanamo, they have to guarantee they don't go back to the battlefield. I had serious concerns.”
He said talks fell apart because the Taliban “asked for five top guys.” He did not say when during his 2011-13 tenure in the Pentagon that discussions took place.

“I just assumed it was never going to happen,” Panetta said
Gates also refused the deal, as did Hillary Clinton - Hillary has "changed" her mind now that she would not be responsible for it AND she needs that Far Leftist Vote when she runs for Commander in Chief.

"Wait, I have an obligation under the Law" - this is true for all of them, but more importantly, they "have an obligation" to the National Security of the United States of America and it's citizens.

Obama, Kerry, Holder, Rice, Brennan, Hagel and Dempsey clearly don't feel that "obligation" - they ALL signed off on this deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 01:17 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,988,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Wow. The New York Daily News, a daily with a left-leaning editorial page, came out swinging Wednesday morning with an editorial accusing President Obama of "surrendering without honor" to the Taliban and betraying the highest obligation of his office "in trading five hard-core Taliban for the American serviceman who appears to have deserted in Afghanistan."

Surrender without honor
Obama swap with Taliban endangers the country
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Wednesday, June 4, 2014, 2:59 AM

Read more: Surrender without honor* - NY Daily News

The New York Daily News has never been a Liberal or Progressive Voice. Tom Paxton created a funny song about the Daily news in the 1960s called obviously "Daily news" .

Saint Joe McCarthy is dead and gone,
How do I know? I read it in the Daily News,

We've got to bomb Castro bomb him flat,
He's too damned sucessful and we can't have that,
How do I know?, I read it in the Daily News,

There's millions of commies in the Freedom Fight,
Yelling for Lenin and Civil Rights,
How do I know? I read it in the Daily News,

Daily News daily blues,
Put seven little pennies in the Newsboys hand ,
Then you'll go off to never never land.

The Daily News was New Yorks right wing rag, long before Rupert Murdock bought out the New York Post.The Post was once a respectable paper once owned edited by Alexander Hamilton.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:14 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times
Obama was between a rock and a hard place. If Bergdahl died in captivity Obama would have been blamed for abandoning an American soldier. The circumstances of his going missing would have been secondary. As it is, he is criticized for his measures to secure the guy's release and the circumstances are primary. I don't know what I would do, frankly. The best decision for the country would have been to let him die, I believe.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:16 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,983,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
People are waking up......but, it is to late.
The ship done sunk.

Liberals are going to have a tough time come November.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:29 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,447,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
The ship done sunk.

Liberals are going to have a tough time come November.
Not if they register 20,000,000 illegals to vote.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies