Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 06:20 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

I saw a guy handing cash to a Mexican in front of the bank. Now I only saw this one time since there are not many here but my point being do you really think it's being recorded?

If people are paying people under the table then how can you know what is going on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 06:24 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,503,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I saw a guy handing cash to a Mexican in front of the bank. Now I only saw this one time since there are not many here but my point being do you really think it's being recorded?

If people are paying people under the table then how can you know what is going on?
I know of people personally who are U.S. citizens and work under the table. Also, if you gave them legal citizenship, they would be less likely to feel the need to work under the table.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
I know plenty of low-skilled immigrants legal and illegal that provide labor for a company in return for compensation... this is wealth creation. Period.

The only way you can argue that they are a detriment is if you are claiming they are lowering wages

How do you know if illegals are or are not lowering wages if it's not recorded?

People pay under the table because it's cheaper too.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:32 PM

Quote:

How do you know if illegals are or are not lowering wages if it's not recorded?

People pay under the table because it's cheaper too.
There are documented cases of people exploiting illegal immigrants because they do not have the same recourse as citizens. If they are not lowering wages, then what is the problem with them making consensual agreements to trade labor for money? You think they are just taking all the low-skilled jobs and their are simply none left? That isn't the case, I can tell you that ALL the big chain stores, restaurants, etc... and even local businesses are hiring right now for unskilled labor.

If there are jobs available for Americans, and the immigrants are not lowering their wages, what is the problem?

Old 06-13-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
There are documented cases of people exploiting illegal immigrants because they do not have the same recourse as citizens. If they are not lowering wages, then what is the problem with them making consensual agreements to trade labor for money? You think they are just taking all the low-skilled jobs and their are simply none left? That isn't the case, I can tell you that ALL the big chain stores, restaurants, etc... and even local businesses are hiring right now for unskilled labor.

If there are jobs available for Americans, and the immigrants are not lowering their wages, what is the problem?
Again, how do you know if it's not recorded?

Old 06-13-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Again, how do you know if it's not recorded?
You can NOT be this dense, you are just messing with me, right? Since you can't read, here is the first line of my last post again:

Quote:
There are documented cases of people exploiting illegal immigrants because they do not have the same recourse as citizens.
IT IS RECORDED! Do you have Google? There is evidence EVERYWHERE that they are exploited and commonly under-paid. I mean, this is a commonly discussed issue, I have never met somebody who denies they are exploited.

There are verifiable accounts of it, period.

Just because you don't have pay-stubs, doesn't make it impossible to find out how much somebody is being paid.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
You can NOT be this dense, you are just messing with me, right? Since you can't read, here is the first line of my last post again:

IT IS RECORDED! Do you have Google? There is evidence EVERYWHERE that they are exploited and commonly under-paid. I mean, this is a commonly discussed issue, I have never met somebody who denies they are exploited.

There are verifiable accounts of it, period.

Just because you don't have pay-stubs, doesn't make it impossible to find out how much somebody is being paid.

Quote:
There are documented cases of people exploiting illegal immigrants because they do not have the same recourse as citizens.
Quote:
They take that risk by coming here illegally.

Yea, So you are saying people who are paid under the table reports it to the government. Sure... ok

Old 06-13-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Yea, I'm sure everyone paid under the table reports it to the government. Sure... ok
Not everyone, duh.

You are trolling me, huh? It would be absurd to say that you need them to report it to the government to be able to document being under-paid and exploited. No reasonable person would think this.

Yeah, the ONLY way to find out someone's wages is if they report it to the government.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:43 PM

Quote:
^^^ not my post. At least if you are going to post something make sure you attribute it to the correct person.
Learn to read kid, I did attribute it to the correct person, ME!

I said right before I quoted myself, that I was about to quote myself and then I put in a colon indicating that the quote would directly follow the sentence in which I explained I was quoting myself.

Do I have to give you an English lesson every time I post?

Old 06-13-2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Not everyone, duh.

You are trolling me, huh? It would be absurd to say that you need them to report it to the government to be able to document being under-paid and exploited. No reasonable person would think this.

Yeah, the ONLY way to find out someone's wages is if they report it to the government.
If it's not reported HOW can you make claims to know how much people are being paid. <ROLL EYES> Are you going around asking? At least have something to back your argument up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies