Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2014, 09:30 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Say I'm at a Walmart or Taco Bell with my family and am lawfully carrying my concealed firearm.

If a bunch of unidentified people come in carrying AR-15's, am I authorized to take action to defend myself and my family? Or do I have to wait until an attack begins? How do I know whether they are friendlies or whether they have appropriate training?

Can I disarm them while I am investigating?

Thanks.
Hey, everybody is a "good guy with a gun," until they aren't...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 10:34 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,715,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Well Fancy, The #1 rule in life is, be prepared. #2 is adapt to your surroundings.

It all started with 2 police officers being gunned down in another location.
They must not have had AK's over their shoulders.

We The People are the police of our people, not some hired gun.
We elect a sheriff to place them in jail until trial.

Everything else is the wealthy elite, protecting their fortunes.
Living like that...like you are constantly in a war-zone...is bad for your health. That mental strain increases stress hormones, causes changes in the brain (esp. in children) and can have long-lasting effects on your heart health among other things.

All these gun-fans should spend twenty minutes a day in meditation, trying to become more calm. It would do them all the good in the world...and the rest of us as well.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:37 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Wrong yet again, carry on.
Great response, now why not tell us why I'm wrong?

Never mind, I'll answer for you:

Because you kow it was correct, what I stated and had no legit response...

So, anyway, I'll still entertain a response from you...go ahead...

Old 06-10-2014, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Hey, everybody is a "good guy with a gun," until they aren't...
LOL...that can be said about anything...even your fists....bats, blah blah blah...

Old 06-10-2014, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Living like that...like you are constantly in a war-zone...is bad for your health. That mental strain increases stress hormones, causes changes in the brain (esp. in children) and can have long-lasting effects on your heart health among other things.

All these gun-fans should spend twenty minutes a day in meditation, trying to become more calm. It would do them all the good in the world...and the rest of us as well.
Why do you have to "spruce" things up? "WAR ZONE"....

Isn't that what you anti gunners are saying anyway? Get rid of all the guns because there have been so many blood baths....

Situational awareness is a good thing, no matter if you are drinking beer in your house or at a swimming pool...

Old 06-10-2014, 06:53 AM

2 posts, read 1,430 times
How do they carry the AR15 ?.. Are they coming back from the range and the gun is on the back ?. Is the barrel pointing down ?.. Is the gun barrel pointing at you ?.. Than it's too late, play their game. Do not use your fire arm unless you want to die..

Old 06-10-2014, 08:40 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post

From reading his post, I gather quite the opposite of what your stating. There is nothing wrong with being prepared and aware of your surroundings.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:04 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
From reading his post, I gather quite the opposite of what your stating. There is nothing wrong with being prepared and aware of your surroundings.
Agreed … if you live in Kabul or Beirut.

This used to be America. We shouldn't have to live like that. Thanks, gun nuts.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:13 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post

No...thank you to assorted liberal think tanks that treat violent criminals as victims. Thank you politicians on both sides for allowing violent criminals to pour across our borders. Thank you revolving door justice system for allowing predators who should be locked in a dark cell forever back out among us. And finally thank the criminals themselves for just being what they are and doing what they do.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:17 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post

Actually , thanks violent criminals..
What is a "Gun nut" exactly ? Can you define that for me ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies