Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2014, 08:12 AM

1,347 posts, read 954,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
The antiquated 2nd Amendment needs to be repealed. None other then conservative columnist George Will suggested we repeal the "embarassing" 2nd Amendment way back in 1991.

George Will Second Amendment | How Embarrassing: The Constitution Protects the Guns that Kill - Baltimore Sun

I have not checked recently but I am guessing Will may have changed his mind. I don't know and I don't care.

The 2nd Amendment is a blemish on the U.S. constitution....and our gun culture is an embarassing national shame.

No offense to the honest hunters out there. That can be sensibly regulated. But it is the gun nuts who insist they walk into coffee shops and public places with guns that make me sick. Grown men who still want to play army. I'll leave that to our professional men and women in the U.S. military.

And spare me the paranoid speeches about the tyrannical government that is going to knock down your door with the barrel of a gun pointing at your paranoid mind. The government has stockpiles and stockpiles of nuclear weapons. No amount of private gun ownership could stand up to that. A strong democracy does not or should not need such a foolish notion to thrive.

I know I'll be long dead before this ever has a chance of happening...seems the lunatics have taken over. That is the lunatics at the NRA have their fists up the a&* of our elected leaders in Congress.
Sure genius, and leave everybody defenseless against criminals, rapists, thieves, and a potentially oppressive government - which is why the 2nd amendment was included in the first place.

Given that our country is being utterly destroyed by illegal aliens, while being barely impacted by shootings, why aren't you whining about how the US should terminate the 14th amendment anchor baby lunacy, and deport all illegals going back 50 years, as it should?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 09:24 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Sure genius, and leave everybody defenseless against criminals, rapists, thieves, and a potentially oppressive government - which is why the 2nd amendment was included in the first place.

Given that our country is being utterly destroyed by illegal aliens, while being barely impacted by shootings, why aren't you whining about how the US should terminate the 14th amendment anchor baby lunacy, and deport all illegals going back 50 years, as it should?
As a curious onlooker; could you describe the destruction these illegals are perpetrating upon your country in a comparative manner with school shootings, the preponderance of violent crimes and all of the other things being committed by cretins other than illegals.

While you're at it please explain to this interested onlooker why, with all of the plethora of attacks on your civil liberties being committed by both sides of the aisle whenever they gain control of the house, have yet to be addressed with all of your guns in your private hands.,

Just asking for clarification.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:47 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
1991 OP? LOL

Hoplophobe idiots.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:35 PM

546 posts, read 818,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
1991 OP? LOL

Hoplophobe idiots.

That video you linked is clearly recent (last few years). I clearly stated that the article I linked was from the early 1990's and recognized that Will may have evolved on the issue. Crime was much higher then, etc. Will, like many others on the right, has moved further to the right over the past two decades.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:41 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Quote:
I wonder if this country has more convicts than it has current or past government employees.

I mean, like, who pays for all the room and board for all these people?

Old 07-03-2014, 02:27 PM

546 posts, read 818,271 times
Quote:

Ok, so the 2nd Amendment is sacrosanct to you but the 14th is not. You are just as inconsistent as the liberal boogeyman you posit is opposed to the repeal of the 14th. I am open on that question but this thread is not about immigration, etc.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:56 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Well I didn't mean "disarm the whole nation" literally, just that anyone in the nation could be targeted quite easily.

not without starting a war that the federal government would lose.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:44 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,255,779 times
nah we need to start putting nut jobs away so they can't get guns.

Quote:
The antiquated 2nd Amendment needs to be repealed. None other then conservative columnist George Will suggested we repeal the "embarassing" 2nd Amendment way back in 1991.

George Will Second Amendment | How Embarrassing: The Constitution Protects the Guns that Kill - Baltimore Sun

I have not checked recently but I am guessing Will may have changed his mind. I don't know and I don't care.

The 2nd Amendment is a blemish on the U.S. constitution....and our gun culture is an embarassing national shame.

No offense to the honest hunters out there. That can be sensibly regulated. But it is the gun nuts who insist they walk into coffee shops and public places with guns that make me sick. Grown men who still want to play army. I'll leave that to our professional men and women in the U.S. military.

And spare me the paranoid speeches about the tyrannical government that is going to knock down your door with the barrel of a gun pointing at your paranoid mind. The government has stockpiles and stockpiles of nuclear weapons. No amount of private gun ownership could stand up to that. A strong democracy does not or should not need such a foolish notion to thrive.

I know I'll be long dead before this ever has a chance of happening...seems the lunatics have taken over. That is the lunatics at the NRA have their fists up the a&* of our elected leaders in Congress.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:52 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:

Yea....because governments NEVER turn on their own citizens.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...70138588,d.b2U

There are many, many more examples of why we need the 2nd.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:55 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
nah we need to start putting nut jobs away so they can't get guns.

start with the nutjobs on the left side 1st, then go into the government and lock away all those employees that just want more power including politicians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies