Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 09:55 AM

12,042 posts, read 8,421,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Yep, insert 4 white guys and you have the "open carry" nuts down at Chilis. Nothing but one thing different.
Two things different. The other is FBI statistics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 09:57 AM

50,292 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
It's the color of their skin that makes the difference. I'd love to see the reaction of four black men carrying those guns into McDonalds or Chillis. lol Heck, even one black man carrying a large gun down the street would get phones a dialing. He may just be shot on sight.

I don't think it would go down the same. Open carry is a white mans game, minorities have much more to over come if they ever want the right to walk down the street with a rifle attached to their backs. Trust me.
Bologna,

If I see 4 punks (white or not) come into the store I'm in I'm watching them regardless. If you want to mimic a gang banger you'll be treated like one.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:04 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Let's get those folks in Mike2069's photo in a bar along with the red necks supporting open carry and throw in stand your ground, what are the odds of anything going wrong.
lol now that would be interesting

Old 06-08-2014, 10:05 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
And the oldest of those articles is May 26. One might even suppose that this many accidental shootings in a mere two weeks might -- just might -- indicate that they do, indeed, happen all the time.
Good point. Accidental shootings are a serious issue.

If you're voluntarily in an environment where it's known that firearms will be present, it could be argued that you assume the risk.

But in most places in normal daily life there's no reason for firearms to be present. I don't want my family exposed to accidental shootings when they go to local stores and restaurants, especially when we have no information regarding the training, experience or temperament of the people carrying the weapons.

5 injured after firearms go off at Ohio, N.C., Indiana gun shows

Indiana police chief accidentally shoots self at gun shop

Woman dies after accidentally shooting herself in the head at Missouri gun range

Police say young boy accidentally shoots father, self at Bass Pro Shops | Oklahoma City

New Mexico gun store customer is accidentally shot in the back

Man shoots himself while at target range

Man hospitalized after accidentally shooting self - police say gun accidentally fired in man's pocket

Old 06-08-2014, 10:28 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
People are so worried about guns.....

Yet it is a fact, that rifles and shotguns have killed less than hammers and "blunt objects."

Facts be damned....Violent crime is on the rise, even by FBI stats....

FBI — FBI Releases 2012 Crime Statistics

Old 06-08-2014, 10:54 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Good point. Accidental shootings are a serious issue.

If you're voluntarily in an environment where it's known that firearms will be present, it could be argued that you assume the risk.
Personally, I would be far LESS concerned in an environment where it's known that firearms will be present - like a range - because everyone there will be watching others for the way they carry themselves and their weapons. If someone does something unsafe, there will most likely be a lot of people who will come down on them to correct their behavior.

But two or three random guys in a restaurant? Not as likely.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:44 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
Yet, who do we really worry about??? White guy or black guy with a gun in public??? Only 6 out of 62 mass murders in this country were by men of color. The rest were white crazy unstable men. Now, how do we tell who is stable or not? That is the question I guess.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:49 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
If your point is that we have some gun control legislation and there is still gun violence, the answer is not to do away with all gun control laws, as you would advocate, but either make those laws stronger or do away with the loopholes.
really? if just making gun laws stronger would do the trick, the washington dc, and los angeles, and chicago all should be paradises because of their gun laws, but they are not. those places with FEWER gun laws have lower crime rates than those with more or tougher laws. remember when florida first passed their concealed carry laws? the gun grabbers said there would be gun fights int he streets like the old west, well it turned out they were very wrong. what happened was the criminals stopped preying on florida citizens, and started preying on out of state people, why? as one criminal that was caught put it, i dont want to get shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Good catch! I'm not a glock fan...but you are correct.
actually he is wrong, sort of. the glock actually has three safeties, all of them automatic, two are internal, an done is on the trigger itself. what he should have said is that the glock has no external safety like the colt 1911.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:32 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Yet, who do we really worry about??? White guy or black guy with a gun in public??? Only 6 out of 62 mass murders in this country were by men of color. The rest were white crazy unstable men. Now, how do we tell who is stable or not? That is the question I guess.
I think it was much easier when they all wore postal uniforms. Really convenient when they have a dress code.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:37 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yet it is a fact, that rifles and shotguns have killed less than hammers and "blunt objects."
True, but I've never heard of a bunch of people getting injured by a hammer accidentally going off in somebody's pocket or at a hardware show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies