Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 06:59 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
What is the purpose of a rifle?
To **** people off such as you who are so afraid.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
How about my right to walk around naked in front of your family? Let's start Open Genitalia Texas.
Being naked is against the law....open carry is NOT...are you able to understand the difference?

Old 06-08-2014, 07:03 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Pretty rare that'd be necessary in a restaurant.
Very rare.

Having a burger on the way home......happens often.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:05 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
There is fear and there is apprehension. You and your family had every right to be apprehensive of these people. How are you or any other patron of the restaurant to know what the motives of these individuals are. Apprehension is a survival mechanism. The breaking point comes when some else with a semi-automatic or concealed weapon mistakes or misreads an action or a movement of another individual with a semi and shoots first. If I were with my family I would have left.
We're supposed to know, magically. Because the gun goobs say so.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:35 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,715,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
How so? Having the ability to defend himself in a ever increasingly dangerous world is a great thing..
See, there's the problem right there. Your impression that this is an ever increasingly dangerous world...when crime continues to drop every year according to the FBI and local police files.

The world or at least these United States is growing *less* dangerous every year. But 'gunlover' and others think the opposite is true.

Why? Is it the media they watch? Their own issues? What makes someone so impervious to reality?

Old 06-08-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
To **** people off such as you who are so afraid.....
So just being a d*ck in public is a good enough reason for you to open carry.

What happened to all those noble and high-sounding motives about freedom and constitutional rights?

Old 06-08-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Oh, c'mon fancy. The gun-nuts simply want their toys and don't care about any arguments and logic. It's not about anything, it's simply about "I want...."
There's a certain amount of 'uber-mensch' as well, perhaps?

Old 06-08-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
So just being a d*ck in public is a good enough reason for you to open carry.

What happened to all those noble and high-sounding motives about freedom and constitutional rights?

Nope, not for me, but it is obvious that is does irritate you.

Most will not open carry, even in a "Gold Star" state, because they understand that it does bother people, so they just don't do it. I know that disappoints you...

Old 06-08-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
What about "Open Fart Texas" and farting in front of your family having dinner. Is farting against the law in Texas?
You're grabbing straws now.....

It has happened while me and my family have been eating....

What are you trying to prove? Nothing, got it.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Nope, not for me, but it is obvious that is does irritate you.

Most will not open carry, even in a "Gold Star" state, because they understand that it does bother people, so they just don't do it. I know that disappoints you...

No, I'm always happy when people show good sense and some decent respect for the rights of others...but I don't know why you feel impelled to defend idiots like those open-carry loons in Texas. Just because you like guns doesn't mean you have to like everything another gun-fan does.

I like books, but I don't defend people who don't pay library fines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies