Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Anyway you cut it Ga should not be held up as an example of a functioning economy, nor any of the other 6 Confederate states amongst the bottom 18 in the nation.
Its 2014 man.

But to help prove your point, Alabama's unemployment rate went up this past month.

http://www.bizjournals.com/birmingha...9-percent.html

http://blog.al.com/wire/2014/05/alabama_unemployment_up_again.html
4 years of total republican control and nothing is going to change.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:02 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your argument is that neither side is working for the average american. That claim would mean that every member of each party is lying. Can you prove that ? You are arguing an absolute, something you obviously cant back up.

And even more so, why would you believe voting/being independent changes that ? are you so blind as to believe there is no corruption in 3rd parties ????
No I am arguing that single sided threads like these are ridiculous. Who's helping more poor? Come on, we both no that neither side has solved the poverty issue in our country by far. Neither does a better job than the other.

I have never seen corruption in a 3rd party president, I wasn't aware they've ever made the presidency except via vice president in the 1800's. I'd surely like to see if they would do a better job as I already have seen the other two have not. I haven't been happy with either side for a long time. I doubt I'm alone in my thinking.

The other two spend so much time on competing and election money that the debt they owe come presidency far outweighs anything they seem to be able to do for the common man. IMO, of course.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:03 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
What about how Dems/Leftist who fight to keep the border unsecured and keep the never ending wave of poverty and collectivism pouring over the border..?

How does a never ending wave of unskilled labor help the working class?

Old 06-08-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
No I am arguing that single sided threads like these are ridiculous. Who's helping more poor? Come on, we both no that neither side has solved the poverty issue in our country by far. Neither does a better job than the other.

I have never seen corruption in a 3rd party president, I wasn't aware they've ever made the presidency except via vice president in the 1800's. I'd surely like to see if they would do a better job as I already have seen the other two have not. I haven't been happy with either side for a long time. I doubt I'm alone in my thinking.

The other two spend so much time on competing and election money that the debt they owe come presidency far outweighs anything they seem to be able to do for the common man. IMO, of course.
But your post was about purpose, not results. You argued that neither side wanted to help the average guy. You want to argue that neither sides idea worked, that fine, we can do that all day, but you didnt do that.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
What about how Dems/Leftist who fight to keep the border unsecured and keep the never ending wave of poverty and collectivism pouring over the border..?

How does a never ending wave of unskilled labor help the working class?
So How exactly would you secure the boarder with mexico ?

Old 06-08-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
So How exactly would you secure the boarder with mexico ?

Could we not fully secure the southern border and keep it secure for a million dollars a mile per year? Of course we could. The Israelis secure their border for far less than that, including their border across the Negev desert, which is at least as inhospitable as our Southwest.

Israel`s Sinai fence: it works, and it doesn’t cost that much

Suppose for example we had permanently-manned border posts every ten miles along the entire length: five-man occupancy, rotating on six-hour shifts. That’s two hundred posts, twenty border patrolmen each post, total four thousand guys. Figure current cost per patrolman of $150,000 per annum with benefits, training, and so on, you’re talking annual cost 600 million dollars—what in Congressional budget negotiations is known as “dinner and a movie.” You could throw in fulltime drone surveillance and rapid-response teams for attempted crossings, and still have a lot of change from $2.28 billion.

Why don’t we just do this?

I would also do the following.

End Bright right Citizenship for children born to illegal immigrates.

Mandate E-virify for all business.

Prevent illegals from getting any and all welfare benefits.

Fine all business who hire illegals per illegal per day they are employed.

Cut off all Federal Funds to Sanctuary Cities.

As for legal immigration system

Cap it at 200,000 persons a year allowed in.

Mandate they be skilled labor only.

Allow the higher performing students to stay after the finish college.

It would end the massive influx of poverty, and collectivist person into this nation which harms our economy, culture, demographics, values, and our future...

It would be as cheap as a one time cost of $60,000,000,000 While the cost of illegal immigration cost this nation at least $100,000,000,000 a year not to mention the human cost in the way of suppressed wages, destroyed neighborhoods, and people who were victims of crimes committed by illegal immigrates..

It works in Israel
It works in Spain
It works in India
It works in South Korea

It will work here, their is not excuse only the open border groups fight it because it is going to work..

Old 06-08-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post

Could we not fully secure the southern border and keep it secure for a million dollars a mile per year? Of course we could. The Israelis secure their border for far less than that, including their border across the Negev desert, which is at least as inhospitable as our Southwest.

Israel`s Sinai fence: it works, and it doesn’t cost that much

Suppose for example we had permanently-manned border posts every ten miles along the entire length: five-man occupancy, rotating on six-hour shifts. That’s two hundred posts, twenty border patrolmen each post, total four thousand guys. Figure current cost per patrolman of $150,000 per annum with benefits, training, and so on, you’re talking annual cost 600 million dollars—what in Congressional budget negotiations is known as “dinner and a movie.” You could throw in fulltime drone surveillance and rapid-response teams for attempted crossings, and still have a lot of change from $2.28 billion.

Why don’t we just do this?

I would also do the following.

End Bright right Citizenship for children born to illegal immigrates.

Mandate E-virify for all business.

Prevent illegals from getting any and all welfare benefits.

Fine all business who hire illegals per illegal per day they are employed.

Cut off all Federal Funds to Sanctuary Cities.

As for legal immigration system

Cap it at 200,000 persons a year allowed in.

Mandate they be skilled labor only.

Allow the higher performing students to stay after the finish college.

It would end the massive influx of poverty, and collectivist person into this nation which harms our economy, culture, demographics, values, and our future...

It would be as cheap as a one time cost of $60,000,000,000 While the cost of illegal immigration cost this nation at least $100,000,000,000 a year not to mention the human cost in the way of suppressed wages, destroyed neighborhoods, and people who were victims of crimes committed by illegal immigrates..

It works in Israel
It works in Spain
It works in India
It works in South Korea

It will work here, their is not excuse only the open border groups fight it because it is going to work..
I see nothing wrong with this plan. 60 billion over 5/10 years isnt all that much. However I dont believe that 100 billion dollar number you posted and that number is probably the reason no fence is being built. Someone has done a cost benefit analysis and seen that building the fence isnt going to stop illegal immigration.

\

Old 06-08-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
I see nothing wrong with this plan. 60 billion over 5/10 years isnt all that much. However I dont believe that 100 billion dollar number you posted and that number is probably the reason no fence is being built. Someone has done a cost benefit analysis and seen that building the fence isnt going to stop illegal immigration.

\
The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on U.S. Taxpayers (2010)

Federation for American Immigration Reform "estimates the annual costs of illegal immigration at the federal, state and local level to be about $113 billion; nearly $29 billion at the federal level and $84 billion at the state leave.

It does not matter what you believe this is the truth.

Plus you can have the fence built in a year, damn the studies, and or "wait and see" illness of the leftist..Build it now, You would have at least 100,000 men working, Welders, Plumbers, Electricians, Tech Support, National Guard providing security and flying in heavy equipment.

Not to mention all the veterans that will work as the Border Patrol.

It will stop a vast majority of them, that and make it harder to get a visa, when they get a visa make them put down a despot, if they over stay they will have a bounty issued for their arrest.

Their is no reason why this will not work but the unwillingness of the left, who needs to import millions of poverty stricken, collectivistic voters(both legally and illegally) who will support the same failed ideologies in order to get elect, playing the cards of race and class warfare....

Old 06-08-2014, 10:03 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,934,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Anyway you cut it Ga should not be held up as an example of a functioning economy, nor any of the other 6 Confederate states amongst the bottom 18 in the nation.
Atlanta is one of the fastest growing metro areas in the nation with MANY major companies based there including Coca Cola and CNN its also a center for science and medical research with the CDC there as well. Have you ever visited Georgia? I've been to both Atlanta and Savannah they are wonderful places. Georgia has low taxes but the roads are not falling apart.

Please visit Metro Atlanta and compare the businesses, skyscrapers, and new developments there vs the crumbling Democrat places like Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Detroit, and Cleveland.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:20 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,975,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Atlanta is one of the fastest growing metro areas in the nation with MANY major companies based there including Coca Cola and CNN its also a center for science and medical research with the CDC there as well. Have you ever visited Georgia? I've been to both Atlanta and Savannah they are wonderful places. Georgia has low taxes but the roads are not falling apart.

Please visit Metro Atlanta and compare the businesses, skyscrapers, and new developments there vs the crumbling Democrat places like Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Detroit, and Cleveland.
Atlanta is no more representative of Ga than Stamford is of Ct.

Atlanta's metro unemployment rate at 6.5% is HIGHER than the US average. http://www.ajc.com/news/business/met...cent-in/nf5Sk/

I've been to Atlanta, and due to the crime rate, I'm always careful while there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies