Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 09:29 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Whatever, you don't even have to be a mental health professional to see that the guy has delusions of grandeur and is a narcissistic personality.
I suppose you are an expert at delusions of grandeur and is a narcissistic personality?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 09:56 PM

1,264 posts, read 1,552,562 times
If you actually looked at the tweet, he is referring to the equal pay act.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:39 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You read wrong. What were you reading? Forwarded emails from nuts?
Alumni Corner | Columbia College Today
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
"Only two! Only two people remember him!
Only five people remember him!"

I won't rest until EVERYONE remembers him! People should have known he was going to be POTUS! It was glaringly apparent!"

Actually, it's two different articles about only one guy, the public relations flack from California.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:28 AM

1,704 posts, read 749,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
All national politicians rely on teleprompters and scripts.

Reagan was a terrific speaker and had some of the best speech writers in the business and was an experienced actor. His staff wrote scripts for simple Happy Birthday calls he needed to make.

It's a rare politician who can speak well, off the cuff. Sooner or later most end up putting their foot in their mouth, too often.

Maybe you missed your calling.
Obama is a much better speaker than either of the Bushes. He thinks much faster on his feet than that of his predecessor, George. You guys are drinking way too much Red Neck Kool-Aid! Chill out a couple!

Old 06-20-2014, 12:35 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Without a doubt, Obama is the most unvetted, unaccomplished, unqualified person to ever to occupy the Oval Office in American history.
I haven't been posting much in this forum, and this post is a prime example why. The right wing has turned into complete lunatics.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:41 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,556 times
Oh my, where to start.

I've never read the President's Twitter feed before but did just to see this. And of course, I got it right away. 1963 was the year the Equal Pay Act was signed, the point was that since then, we've gone to the moon but women still don't get equal pay. It was actually part of a series of tweets from the President on the issue. One featured a sheep and said that sheep have been cloned but women still don't have equal pay, stuff like that.

Now what's hilarious about this, is this entire thread, calling Obama stupid is based upon a misreading of one of his tweets and that most of the now 96 posts have been piling on, with only one person sort of making a correction on the very first page (and that correction was promptly ignored). In my book, that's just funny right there. As far as thread fails go, this one is both catastrophic and incredibly amusing.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:54 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,306 times
Spiegel's poll:

Wie bewerten Sie die Außenpolitik von US-Präsident Barack Obama?
How do you rate the foreign policy of U.S. President Barack Obama?

US-Außenpolitik: Präsident Obama in der Ukraine- und Syrien-Krise - SPIEGEL ONLINE

88 % say "negative".

Attached Thumbnails
Is Obama really this ignorant?-untitled-1.jpg  

Old 06-20-2014, 03:18 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Originally Posted by wjtwet
Republicans winning the presidency is very difficult since the Obama economy has resulted in more government dependent people . Slaves to the government will not strike the master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
...AND more functionally illiterate people.

Only seriously mentally deficient people could possibly defend 0bama and his screw-ups.
Wasn't this the intention all along? Santa Bama, Obama Money...etc.

I mean seriously, have 50% of the people become that dumbed down?

Unfortunately, I guess they have.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:21 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Obama isn't ignorant. In fact he is a very, very, very smart man.

He hates American, has no compulsion to uphold and defend the Constitution, and promised there would be change.

Are you happy with his vision of a new, neutered, America?

Old 06-20-2014, 03:43 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yes he is......................

When he is away from a teleprompter one can see that he is of average, or below average, intelligence. Like Nancy Pelosi, he cannot form complete sentences, fumbles vocabulary words, and meanders in his "explanations".

If you cannot see that Obama is an idiot, then .................... well..................perhaps................
What's very easy to see is the hypocrisy of those who seek to hold Obama's feet to the fire over any little thing yet worship Ronnie Raygun, the source of such gems as"

"The best minds are not in government."

"Trees cause more pollution than automobiles do."

"Facts are stupid things."

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk."

I could go on but the hypocrisy of the self-Righteous is already so well documented, why bother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies