Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 01:45 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,784,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Why should he? Why don't you give us a list of Presidents who have released their college records?
We'll wait.
Furthermore, his records were NOT "locked up."
Perhaps you should do a little research before you make silly claims.

Obama’s ‘Sealed’ Records
Romney released the same years of taxes that most presidents do but democrats were relentless demanding he release more. So you are saying Obama is above it all? Your saying that it's ok for dems to demand more than what others give but give Obama a pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 02:00 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,411,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Romney released the same years of taxes that most presidents do but democrats were relentless demanding he release more. So you are saying Obama is above it all? Your saying that it's ok for dems to demand more than what others give but give Obama a pass.
Ahh yes, more ignorance. Romney released far less then average. Not "same years of taxes that most presidents do".

#1 Romney didnt release his school records either.
#2 Obama DID release his tax records.
#3 Republicans have lately had a rather strong desire to avoid releasing their tax records, Romney and Mccain both released VERY minimal years of records. In fact, you have to go back to 1980 to get anyone other then McCain and Romney who only released 2 years of records. In 1980 Reagon only released 1 year.

Romneys father was well known for saying that if someone was running for president that more then a couple years of returns needed to be released as it was too easy to massage a couple years. He released 12 years of records.

So yeah. Maybe you should research this some and become more informed.

Old 06-12-2014, 02:02 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,784,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ahh yes, more ignorance.

#1 Romney didnt release his school records either.
#2 Obama DID release his tax records.
#3 Republicans have lately had a rather strong desire to avoid releasing their tax records, Romney and Mccain both released VERY minimal years of records. In fact, you have to go back to 1980 to get anyone other then McCain and Romney who only released 2 years of records.

Romneys father was well known for saying that if someone was running for president that more then a couple years of returns needed to be released as it was too easy to massage a couple years. He released 12 years of records.

So yeah. Maybe you should research this some and become more informed.
Yea, we still don't know who Reids "secret informant" is do we? Could it be someone in the IRS?

I'm talking about how democrats insisted on Romney releasing more records and then defends Obama at every turn.

Old 06-12-2014, 02:11 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,200,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Doesn't excuse him but I'm sure he's got some PR person doing his twitter (duh right?). But that's a ridiculous error.
I would think thats true, but I remember Obama winning the President and a bunch of hoopla being made because he was so hands on with technology..

Old 06-12-2014, 02:15 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,411,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I would think thats true, but I remember Obama winning the President and a bunch of hoopla being made because he was so hands on with technology..
I was thinking he reviewed the twitter posts, but I cant find any reference on it, so maybe not. But he's certainly more familiar with technology then past presidents, and probably follows the twitter feed.

Old 06-12-2014, 02:16 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,119,641 times
What a freaking moron. He also thinks Dolly the sheep was cloned in 1963:

Old 06-12-2014, 02:45 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,777,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
We've had many "rich" Presidents. I'd be more interested in her leadership skills and
her ability to react at a given notice in an emergency. In that, she has already
shown failure.

Folks should get away from this; are they rich/poor "been in my shoes" propaganda.
That's just not what is important in picking a president.
Then why did liar Hillary tell Diane Sawyer she was so poor after living in the White House?

Old 06-12-2014, 03:02 PM

89,220 posts, read 44,979,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
And next in line is Hillary who doesn't even know the history of her home state. The woman thinks that Abraham Lincoln was a US Senator.
Her home state is Illinois. That's not Abraham Lincoln's home state. He lived in 2 other states before he lived in Illinois.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:11 PM

22,214 posts, read 19,507,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

Actually he didn't, Romney released less than most Presidents do, but that isn't even the point. The Democrats were simply requesting the same information from Romney that Obama released. They weren't asking for any information from Romney, that Obama didn't release, Meanwhile Republicans were asking for information from Obama, that Romney didnt even release. That was the difference.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:13 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,547,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What a freaking moron. He also thinks Dolly the sheep was cloned in 1963:
SSSHHHH!! You're giving it away! I'm not done laughing yet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies