Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 05:13 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times

Advertisements

And.....liberal heads explode everywhere

Marion Bank Lets Tellers Carry Guns | WSILTV | Local News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 05:20 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Now were talking about sensible gun measures.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:47 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,166,084 times
Does anyone rob banks any more, as security has improved dramatically with bullet proof security glass, rapid acting security shutters, automatic door locks, cameras and dye triggers. Since 1992 Bank Robberies have declined 90% in the UK.

Bank robberies fall 90pc as new security outsmarts thieves - Telegraph

Last edited by Bamford; 06-13-2014 at 05:57 AM..

Old 06-13-2014, 05:49 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,596,784 times
Quote:
"You can put signs all over this building telling somebody not to rob us and use a gun but that doesn't stop anybody from doing it," says Clem.
But...gun free zones keep us safe! There is a sign for God sakes! Is nothing sacred?!

Old 06-13-2014, 05:57 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
If one of those tellers gets injured or accidentally shoots someone else they will be responsible, no company with any degree of assets wants to arm their employees. These are small mom and pop banks but still not to smart.

I would love to know the name of their insurance company, State Farm, Hancock?

Allowing to have tellers carry a gun around for a few decades for a robbery that might come and where they might make a difference makes no practical sense, quite a lot of downside.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:02 AM

6,822 posts, read 14,041,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If one of those tellers gets injured or accidentally shoots someone else they will be responsible, no company with any degree of assets wants to arm their employees. These are small mom and pop banks but still not to smart.

Allowing to have tellers carry a gun around for a few decades for a robbery that might come and where they might make a difference makes no practical sense, quite a lot of downside.

I was thinking the same thing. Seems to me the bank is to cheap to install good security measures and put it's security in the hands of the employees. Chances are a employee will shoot a innocent person before they shoot a robber. I would be very interested in seeing what that banks insurance company has to say about this matter.

Reggie

Old 06-13-2014, 06:12 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

Many, if not most, banks have had armed people working at their facilities for decades, without a problem. Are you saying armed guards and armed people working for armored car companies somehow increases the bank's liability?

Common sense would indicate that allowing workers to be armed would be a deterrent to criminal acts (much more than a "OSHA for criminals" sign). As such, a safer work environment (well, for law abiding people) should reduce their insurance costs.

It's good to see a business that cares about the safety of their employees and customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Seems to me the bank is to cheap to install good security measures and put it's security in the hands of the employees. Chances are a employee will shoot a innocent person before they shoot a robber. I would be very interested in seeing what that banks insurance company has to say about this matter.

Reggie
Have we had a major problem with armed guards at banks shooting customers in the past? I'm not aware of it. It takes public employees to do that on a routine basis.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:20 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
I don't think anyone will be robbing that bank any time soon.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:24 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Many, if not most, banks have had armed people working at their facilities for decades, without a problem. Are you saying armed guards and armed people working for armored car companies somehow increases the bank's liability?

Common sense would indicate that allowing workers to be armed would be a deterrent to criminal acts (much more than a "OSHA for criminals" sign). As such, a safer work environment (well, for law abiding people) should reduce their insurance costs.

It's good to see a business that cares about the safety of their employees and customers.

Have we had a major problem with armed guards at banks shooting customers in the past? I'm not aware of it. It takes public employees to do that on a routine basis.
You can't compare armored car guards to bank tellers and yes some banks actually very few banks have professional guards but that is their sole function. An armored car driver enters and leaves the bank in a few minutes and having a gun is a necessity, tellers spend a full shift inside the bank.

I cannot recall even seeing an armed guard at a bank in the last few decades, I am sure the reasons I listed previously are the reason.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:25 AM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Well the alternative is to rely on the cops and have them shoot an employee or customer when they eventually arrive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies