Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 07:50 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
The accusation of being homosexual should be considered a compliment considering the typical intolerant sources but instead it is always intended and considered to be the derogatory insult that it is.
It isn't a matter of whether being homosexual is derogatory. This isn't a gay pride or homophobia issue. It's a matter of not interfering in someone's private life. It doesn't matter whether you are saying they are homosexual, heterosexual, are into bondage, have a foot fetish, or whatever. It's unprofessional. Then, when you add the fact that the person is married it becomes immoral as well, since you are potentially introducing conflict into someone else's marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 08:26 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I never put much stock in those rumors [accusations ?] that Obama is gay. Then I saw him throw a baseball. Maybe he competes with Graham for the muscular types.
Exactly. If anyone is "light in the loafers," it's King Obama. Just look at the man he married.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:40 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I think it's a classless thing to say. Even if he's closeted, so what?

I'd really only have a problem with him being gay if he's openly and vociferously hostile to gays...then he must be attacked.

Otherwise, leave Cantor the Hell alone. He's done anyway.
I agree, it was classless, and clearly meant it as an insult. I didn't know much about Schweitzer before now, and this is not a good first impression.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:48 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,007,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Lol if Cantor is in the closet, what does that make Lindsey Graham and Graham is a bachelor, very rare for a Southern politician in 2014
Miss Lindsay is gay for sure. When is the last time that you've ever heard of a woman hanging on with him? There are a HUGE number of women who would give their right leg to date a US Senator, even one from a piddly state like so Carolina.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:03 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Brian Schweitzer says his ‘gaydar’ goes off when he sees Eric Cantor – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Democrat governor accuses Eric Cantor of most likely being gay out of thin blue air. Eric Cantor has been married to his wife for 25 years and has 3 children with her.

He then also went on to say that southern men have gay-like/women-like mannerisms.

The party of tolerance.
I wouldn't judge an entire major political party on one person's comments - unless you want me to think that all Republican men behave like Larry Craig and David Vitter.

But I would agree with Brian Schweitzer. Eric Cantor always did seem a little gay to me.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:39 PM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I agree, it was classless, and clearly meant it as an insult. I didn't know much about Schweitzer before now, and this is not a good first impression.
He's just pandering for attention.

He may not even share the opinion.

Just your typical politician lying to get votes about ending wars or helping education or stopping global warming or being strong on defense.

Thankfully for them, the 30% loyalists on each side are too far gone and stupid to really pay attention.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I wouldn't judge an entire major political party on one person's comments - unless you want me to think that all Republican men behave like Larry Craig and David Vitter.

But I would agree with Brian Schweitzer. Eric Cantor always did seem a little gay to me.
That's politics 101 around here.

Not even at the former gov. level but any Podunk state representative or even nutjob candidate is used as political fodder in this forum of the insane.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Exactly. If anyone is "light in the loafers," it's King Obama. Just look at the man he married.
She's built like my late wife.

Keep winning those hearts and minds by attacking the physical attributes of women.

Really, you are the kind of poster, where if legal....the GOP would want to drive over you with a bus and the Dems would like to put you on the payroll......sadly you don't see why you are essentially a dem shill although unintentionally.

Ted Kennedy thanks you for you service from beyond the grave. Keep up the good work.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:32 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
LOL, this is a good one coming from a citizen of a country that tells the entire world how to be!!!!

The strong opinions, self-assuredness and certainty expressed by Americans may seem a bit odd to Canadians, but unlike Canadians, Americans don't have a ministry of truth to determine what the official state endorsed truth is and actually have to think for themselves.

How are human rights protected in Canada? | Canadian Human Rights Commission

Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission

Old 06-19-2014, 10:45 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
"Accussing" someone of being gay is actually the true definition of gay.

Yes?

No?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies