Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 06:29 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times

Advertisements

I know right? Whenever someone says that legalizing drugs would lead to everyone getting high, I ask them if they are going to start doing it too. Their response is "No, of course not!" and they prove my point every time. Just because something is legal, doesn't mean everyone does it. Alcohol is legal and I do not drink. At all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 06:58 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by const_iterator View Post
I thought the Warriors on Drugs said that I would be more tempted to do drugs if they were legal and available. Well, I drive by weed shops every day and I could legally buy some and smoke it if I wanted to. That's so weird how I haven't become a pothead. It's good thing that heroin is illegal, though. I need the government to protect me from myself.

well its too expensive

and my employer would fire me if I took it (and they caught me)

but weed isn't crack, herion, or coccaine. i wouldn't be adverse to trying it if it was cheap and I didn't risk unemployment

Old 06-22-2014, 08:26 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
well its too expensive

and my employer would fire me if I took it (and they caught me)

but weed isn't crack, herion, or coccaine. i wouldn't be adverse to trying it if it was cheap and I didn't risk unemployment
Well, you may get your wish soon.

Illinois May Soon Decriminalize Low-Level Marijuana Possession

Old 06-22-2014, 08:56 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
To legally buy Marijuana you have to be 21 years old. Please explain how these teens have serious marijuana problems due to legal marijuana sales. Could it be because they are buying on the black market where dealers do no care about age restrictions? Wake up.
Who are you kidding? To buy alcohol they have to be 21 too, yet teens have no problem getting their hands on booze.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:03 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Look, wait until after this years election cycle.

The voting base for marijuana users doesn't generally vote in primaries or non presidential years.

Obama is a lame duck. The Republican base is actually turning to agree on legalization of marijuana.

I expect national prohibition of marijuana to end in the next two years. They can't really justify spending money on the drug trade in NY state, while leaving Colorado and Washington alone. More states will adopt medical and full legal status in the mean time also.

Its not very long.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:04 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by const_iterator View Post
I thought the Warriors on Drugs said that I would be more tempted to do drugs if they were legal and available. Well, I drive by weed shops every day and I could legally buy some and smoke it if I wanted to. That's so weird how I haven't become a pothead. It's good thing that heroin is illegal, though. I need the government to protect me from myself.
But do you feel like hiring potheads? The fact that your state is filled with little more than potheads could start affecting how many businesses want to move in. And what does having mostly potheads around do to your welfare rates? How many are mooching off the taxpayers and getting food stamps and medicaid?

Old 06-22-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I know right? Whenever someone says that legalizing drugs would lead to everyone getting high, I ask them if they are going to start doing it too. Their response is "No, of course not!" and they prove my point every time. Just because something is legal, doesn't mean everyone does it. Alcohol is legal and I do not drink. At all.
So then why not legalize the sales of methamphetamine, heroin, krokodil and all the rest? Same arguments used for pot should hold true of ALL drugs. I want to make and sell krokodil.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:13 AM

8,069 posts, read 12,784,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Who are you kidding? To buy alcohol they have to be 21 too, yet teens have no problem getting their hands on booze.
Point being legal marijuana sales will not increase the use by minors since it is already readily available to them through black market dealers. Why do you support throwing ADULTS in jail for using marijuana?

Old 06-22-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Point being legal marijuana sales will not increase the use by minors since it is already readily available to them through black market dealers. Why do you support throwing ADULTS in jail for using marijuana?
So is meth -- and actually guns -- so why not legalize meth and guns?

Old 06-22-2014, 09:26 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
But do you feel like hiring potheads? The fact that your state is filled with little more than potheads could start affecting how many businesses want to move in. And what does having mostly potheads around do to your welfare rates? How many are mooching off the taxpayers and getting food stamps and medicaid?
You would be amazed at how many "potheads" there are all around you, working productively and supporting themselves and their families. I know many myself. You know not of what you speak.

Quote:
So then why not legalize the sales of methamphetamine, heroin, krokodil and all the rest? Same arguments used for pot should hold true of ALL drugs. I want to make and sell krokodil.
All drugs should be decriminalized, meaning no one should go to jail for what they put into their bodies. And the drugs that are harmless and/or beneficial, like marijuana, should be legal to sell to adults.

Quote:
so why not legalize meth and guns?
Guns are illegal? Wow, when they start enforcing that law that's sure gonna fill up the prisons.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 06-22-2014 at 09:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies