Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 11:31 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Jesus probably was along with all the other prophets ..lol
No, there's was obviously laced with something. Have you ever read the Bible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 11:31 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
People shouldn't smoke pot.
Why, they may end up as POTUS!

Old 06-21-2014, 11:40 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
And yet while you folks make jokes about it, more and more teens with serious pot problems are showing up at AA meetings. Fortunately they also have this to turn to https://www.marijuana-anonymous.org/
What is this site? And why are you talking about today's teens. Most have been smoking pot forever and there are no serious problems with them.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:43 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
Or they may end up leaving their kids in the car......huh? Oh ya, I have a kid.....where did I put him? Gosh am I high or what??????

"Phoenix police said Gray smoked marijuana with another person and lost track of time while his son, Jamison Gray, sat in the hot car for about an hour outside of BT's Sports Pub near Scottsdale and Thunderbird roads, Phoenix police Sgt. Tommy Thompson said."
Dad whose infant son died in hot car sentenced - CBS 5 - KPHO

I'll be curious to see how parenting changes, after all 50 states legalize pot, maybe for the better or for maybe the worse. It sure will make for an interesting long term study. Combining Americans with legal weed consumption will either be a great idea or a really stupid one.

I wonder if parents will be allowed to smoke it in the home or car with their kids in there. Maybe the kids will chill out and it will take care of their ADHD symptoms. Only time will tell on this one. Now that it's becoming legal we will finally be able to study all the issues that come with smoking pot daily.

People smoking pot have flown under the radar because of legality issues. Now we will finally get to see how it effects families and users. I hear they are excited to finally be able to study people who smoke frequently.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:59 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Be serious. Legalizing weed isn't going to just change everyone's minds and make them want to use it over night, and that isn't what is being said and you know it.

Weed being legal will normalize it, and make it more socially acceptable to future generations, meaning that future generations will be more inclined to use and /or abuse it. It doesn't help that we have a pop culture in this country that glorifies the use of weed and sensationalizes it. No more are we warning kids not to use it, we are actually encouraging it's use through entertainment. Recreational drug use is treated like it's no big deal in entertainment. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that pop culture leaves the impression that NOT using or experimenting with it is abnormal at this point. Despicable.

Being a libertarian with the belief that we all have a right to decide what to put in our bodies, I support the legalizing of weed, but begrudgingly so.
Weed is really no worse than alcohol, and that is plenty legal. I don't do either because both give me head spins at my age. Although weed doesn't give me a hang over like alcohol does.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:18 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
Better yet, build a better bong and have the world beat a path to your door.
It is against federal law to build and sell bongs in the USA.
Victory in the Drug War 2003: Tommy Chong goes to Jail | advocateofliberty

Old 06-22-2014, 12:37 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Jesus probably was along with all the other prophets ..lol
He probably had wine headaches so why not, .

Old 06-22-2014, 05:43 AM

8,070 posts, read 12,784,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
And yet while you folks make jokes about it, more and more teens with serious pot problems are showing up at AA meetings. Fortunately they also have this to turn to https://www.marijuana-anonymous.org/
To legally buy Marijuana you have to be 21 years old. Please explain how these teens have serious marijuana problems due to legal marijuana sales. Could it be because they are buying on the black market where dealers do no care about age restrictions? Wake up.

Old 06-22-2014, 05:58 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Be serious. Legalizing weed isn't going to just change everyone's minds and make them want to use it over night, and that isn't what is being said and you know it.

Weed being legal will normalize it, and make it more socially acceptable to future generations, meaning that future generations will be more inclined to use and /or abuse it. It doesn't help that we have a pop culture in this country that glorifies the use of weed and sensationalizes it. No more are we warning kids not to use it, we are actually encouraging it's use through entertainment. Recreational drug use is treated like it's no big deal in entertainment. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that pop culture leaves the impression that NOT using or experimenting with it is abnormal at this point. Despicable.

Being a libertarian with the belief that we all have a right to decide what to put in our bodies, I support the legalizing of weed, but begrudgingly so.
This. I've seen enough stoned people to know better .

Old 06-22-2014, 06:19 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Weed isn't legal in your state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies