Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 09:29 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You would be amazed at how many "potheads" there are all around you, working productively and supporting themselves and their families. I know many myself. You know not of what you speak.

All drugs should be decriminalized, meaning no one should go to jail for what they put into their bodies. And the drugs that are harmless and/or beneficial, like marijuana, should be legal to sell to adults.

Guns are illegal? Wow, when the start enforcing that law that's sure gonna fill up the prisons.
Not where I work. They do drug testing and all of us were given a random drug test and we all passed.

So when can I start making and selling krokodil?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 09:34 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Not where I work. They do drug testing and all of us were given a random drug test and we all passed.
That doesn't negate the fact that there are many, many responsible pot users out there who are contributing members of society.

Quote:
So when can I start making and selling krokodil?
Probably the same time you can start making and selling moonshine.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:34 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Not everyone thinks having so many potheads is a good thing. I suspect the politically correct crowd is going to turn against "native americans" in a very big way.

Native Americans fight to ban marijuana in a quarter of Washington state ? RT USA

The Yakama Nation tribe of Native Americans is ramping up its efforts to ensure a new law legalizing recreational marijuana in Washington state won’t apply on ancestral land.

The 10,000-member Yakama Nation has already said pot will stay illegal on around 1.2 million acres of reservation in central Washington where state law is trumped by local rules, but Reuters reported this week that the tribe is considering “a bold move that could test the limits of tribal sovereignty” by seeking to keep weed outlawed on another 10.8 million acres of ancestral land.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:38 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,455 times
Quote:
Not everyone thinks having so many potheads is a good thing. I suspect the politically correct crowd is going to turn against "native americans" in a very big way.

Native Americans fight to ban marijuana in a quarter of Washington state ? RT USA

The Yakama Nation tribe of Native Americans is ramping up its efforts to ensure a new law legalizing recreational marijuana in Washington state won’t apply on ancestral land.

The 10,000-member Yakama Nation has already said pot will stay illegal on around 1.2 million acres of reservation in central Washington where state law is trumped by local rules, but Reuters reported this week that the tribe is considering “a bold move that could test the limits of tribal sovereignty” by seeking to keep weed outlawed on another 10.8 million acres of ancestral land.
They have tribal sovereignty. They can do whatever they choose within their reservations. Should we consult other sovereign nations regarding U.S. law?

Old 06-22-2014, 09:41 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
Fantastic

Who would of thought.....people deciding.....regardless of legality......that they have control of what they put in their body.

One more step closer to ending the war on drugs
I think you should be able go ingest whatever you want.
As an adult, your body is your business.
No one has the right to say otherwise.

Just don't beat a path to my ER when it all goes wrong.
Mandatory jail if you hurt others.

And don't start with the propaganda nonsense about how no one gets hurt or hurts anyone else doing weed. That is an effin' joke.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:43 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,633 times
Medical marijuana is legal in my state. Like the OP, I haven't felt compelled to try it. But then why would I when I have a table full of big Pharma drugs beside me; some of which are far more mind altering than marijuana. And I know the long, laundry list of side effects.

If the Pharma industry were the ones selling it, and the only ones allowed to grow it, it would be legal across the country tomorrow.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:49 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,388,002 times
what a lot of people don't know, you can legally smoke weed in your state but you can still get fired for coming up positive on a drug test. only think legal means is cop wont mess with you. employers can still ban it

Old 06-22-2014, 09:55 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,585,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
what a lot of people don't know, you can legally smoke weed in your state but you can still get fired for coming up positive on a drug test. only think legal means is cop wont mess with you. employers can still ban it
It's not legal, it's still a prohibited drug under federal law.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:24 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,326,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Point being legal marijuana sales will not increase the use by minors since it is already readily available to them through black market dealers. Why do you support throwing ADULTS in jail for using marijuana?
Think hard there dude (I know, it's Sunday morning), but fallacious reasoning can make an a$$ out of you and me...but mostly you. Where did I ever suggest throwing adults in jail for smoking pot? Where did I ever suggest throwing teens in jail for pot?

Anyone who is a parent needs to think hard about what is going on, especially in light of this Sixty percent of 12th graders do not view regular marijuana use as harmful

I don't have any answers to any of this, and I don't pretend to. But you currently childless millennials really need to think about this. By decriminalizing pot we are creating an atmosphere that is telling our kids pot is safe, and I suspect we will see an explosion in pot use by teens. Fifteen years from now you millenials may be struggling with your young pot smoking teen and wishing we'd never made pot legal. There will be consequences from legalizing pot, and it's interesting how anyone advising we go slow is shouted down by those mindlessly claiming we want to throw people in jail.

Last edited by Dockside; 06-22-2014 at 10:32 AM..

Old 06-22-2014, 10:26 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by const_iterator View Post
I thought the Warriors on Drugs said that I would be more tempted to do drugs if they were legal and available. Well, I drive by weed shops every day and I could legally buy some and smoke it if I wanted to. That's so weird how I haven't become a pothead. It's good thing that heroin is illegal, though. I need the government to protect me from myself.
Lol - so true!

Next up, the far right-wing learns that allowing gay marriage in their state doesn't turn them gay! And, allowing other religions to build temples in their town doesn't mean they are forced to attend services there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies