Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 01:11 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I always had a problem choking down God's Broccoli too.
I don't like God's apples. Interesting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 01:21 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Be serious. Legalizing weed isn't going to just change everyone's minds and make them want to use it over night, and that isn't what is being said and you know it.

Weed being legal will normalize it, and make it more socially acceptable to future generations, meaning that future generations will be more inclined to use and /or abuse it. It doesn't help that we have a pop culture in this country that glorifies the use of weed and sensationalizes it. No more are we warning kids not to use it, we are actually encouraging it's use through entertainment. Recreational drug use is treated like it's no big deal in entertainment. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that pop culture leaves the impression that NOT using or experimenting with it is abnormal at this point. Despicable.

Being a libertarian with the belief that we all have a right to decide what to put in our bodies, I support the legalizing of weed, but begrudgingly so.
Oh noez! You might end up like Canada, and nobody wants that! A highly-educated, happy, functional country just won't do at all.

Canadian Kids Smoke The Most Marijuana In The Western World, According To UNICEF Survey (PHOTOS)

Old 06-22-2014, 01:23 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by const_iterator View Post
I thought the Warriors on Drugs said that I would be more tempted to do drugs if they were legal and available. Well, I drive by weed shops every day and I could legally buy some and smoke it if I wanted to. That's so weird how I haven't become a pothead. It's good thing that heroin is illegal, though. I need the government to protect me from myself.

People are werd in the context of the zeitgrist in which they emerge. Some people become attracted to things or activities of which society or government sends a disapproving message. Some other people obediently accept and comply with disapproving messages. Your Mileage May Vary.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:32 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Look, wait until after this years election cycle.

The voting base for marijuana users doesn't generally vote in primaries or non presidential years.
That's because they're.... potheads..... they have no clue that they need to turn out in primaries and non-presidential elections to vote for the people who will support legalizing pot. They think a pro-pot pres can do it all on their own.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:33 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
I thought the Warriors on Drugs said that I would be more tempted to do drugs if they were legal and available. Well, I drive by weed shops every day and I could legally buy some and smoke it if I wanted to. That's so weird how I haven't become a pothead. It's good thing that heroin is illegal, though. I need the government to protect me from myself.
If it was legal in my state, I still wouldn't smoke it. Alcohol is legal now and the most I ever have is one bottle a day, and that's when I feel like going out and buying a case. Otherwise, I can go months without a single drop of alcohol

Old 06-22-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Point being legal marijuana sales will not increase the use by minors since it is already readily available to them through black market dealers. Why do you support throwing ADULTS in jail for using marijuana?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
To legally buy Marijuana you have to be 21 years old. Please explain how these teens have serious marijuana problems due to legal marijuana sales. Could it be because they are buying on the black market where dealers do no care about age restrictions? Wake up.
Are you seriously going to sit here and try to pretend that having a legal market for something won't fuel easier access for the illegal market? That's really what you want to go with?

Old 06-22-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Think hard there dude (I know, it's Sunday morning), but fallacious reasoning can make an a$$ out of you and me...but mostly you. Where did I ever suggest throwing adults in jail for smoking pot? Where did I ever suggest throwing teens in jail for pot?

Anyone who is a parent needs to think hard about what is going on, especially in light of this Sixty percent of 12th graders do not view regular marijuana use as harmful

I don't have any answers to any of this, and I don't pretend to. But you currently childless millennials really need to think about this. By decriminalizing pot we are creating an atmosphere that is telling our kids pot is safe, and I suspect we will see an explosion in pot use by teens. Fifteen years from now you millenials may be struggling with your young pot smoking teen and wishing we'd never made pot legal. There will be consequences from legalizing pot, and it's interesting how anyone advising we go slow is shouted down by those mindlessly claiming we want to throw people in jail.
I'm a Millennial and I'm not drinking the liberal kool-aid..

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I hate it that people think most millennials are liberals.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:54 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
That's because they're.... potheads..... they have no clue that they need to turn out in primaries and non-presidential elections to vote for the people who will support legalizing pot. They think a pro-pot pres can do it all on their own.
So you're saying about 60% of the population are potheads?

Old 06-22-2014, 03:19 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
The gratification of doing something illegal and getting away with it, probably added to the excitement and adrenaline rush of getting one over on the cops. Getting by without getting caught probably made that high seem like the best high ever or was the best weed ever.

Old 06-22-2014, 03:27 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The fact that your state is filled with little more than potheads could start affecting how many businesses want to move in.
The fact that your post is filled with little more than overt generalization could start affecting how many posters take you seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies