Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2014, 10:03 AM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? What decision wasn't wise? I had been renting a room elsewhere from a couple who renting to seven people in their home while desperately trying to avoid losing their home. They had a subprime mortgage to refinance their home to pay for the husband's several surgeries. His health went south fast (turns out he was also an alcoholic), he died and so did his income, the house was lost, everyone had to move. I moved into the only place I could afford to move into that was not a financial trap. Yes, if I had the luxury of a half-average income I would have picked a normal place to live.
So that is the only room in your town within your budget? If I was living in that situation, I would be searching for new housing the first day not whining about it on a forum. If it took getting a second job, so be it. We all make our own choices. By choosing not to change, you are choosing to remain. Everybody here sees it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 10:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
If that is all you want it is easily attainable with effort on your part. You might have to move (the effort on your part). You could have attained this by now if you had directed your energy to accomplishing your goal instead of spending the past 2-3 years whining about it on the internet.
I purchased my first home while working f/t as a cashier and saved my down payment in one year.
I wanted nothing more than to have my own home and put all my energy into saving. Many others
here have come from humble beginnings as well and given you advice which you always make excuses why you cannot do it. That is how it comes across as phoney. Those of us who have put in the time and effort know how it can be done with very little but no one is going to hand it to you....sorry.
Why would you say that when the poster just told you he did not want anything handed to him? It's a sad attitude when people who have managed to accumulate some wealth look down on hard working people and tell them they just want free stuff. If they tell you they don't want your money, or your advice, then why can't you just let it go?

Old 06-23-2014, 10:08 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,477,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
In no instance are 4 or 5 non-related adults considered a family.

Don't like the zoning laws? Work to change them.

Most zoning codes don't care whether four or five residents are a family; they care only about the total number of occupants. Those that do will sooner or later will be recognized for the class warfare they constitute and will be repealed. Probably not in my lifetime

Old 06-23-2014, 10:09 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why would you say that when the poster just told you he did not want anything handed to him? It's a sad attitude when people who have managed to accumulate some wealth look down on hard working people and tell them they just want free stuff. If they tell you they don't want your money, or your advice, then why can't you just let it go?
The poster in question has a daily history of the same complains.....and is clearly not interested in making the changes necessary.

IMO...all we can go by are the posts.....and the same, "why I can'ts".

Old 06-23-2014, 10:11 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Most zoning codes don't care whether four or five residents are a family; they care only about the total number of occupants. Those that do will sooner or later will be recognized for the class warfare they constitute and will be repealed. Probably not in my lifetime
With the raise in illegals......some towns are make the zoning changes about relatives.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:16 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's a sad attitude when you were all for Obama as he attacked successful people. And then you expect them to have sympathy. But being the good people that they are they still post good information. But you argue with anyone who tells you what will help. Sorry if it's not "easy" as you HOPE for.

There comes a time where people just give up. Stay on Obama's HOPE train and see where that gets you. 5+ years in and you would think you would open your eyes.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You are in a prison of your own making. Move. Simple as that. Are there bars on the windows and armed guards at the doors?

I'd love to move but landlords all demand a pile of upfront cash I don't have after paying the rent on the room i have now. I'd sleep in my car if I had one.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
With the raise in illegals......some towns are make the zoning changes about relatives.

Looks like more class warfare jacking up the rents for singles and keeping them poor.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:27 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Looks like more class warfare jacking up the rents for singles and keeping them poor.
government is keeping you poor period.

I couldn't believe it when at a certain income you can't even get the advantage of depreciation on a rental property. Of course to make it worth it's all passed on to you, the renter.

You can thank Obama and his love of taxation for that

Old 06-23-2014, 10:28 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It's a sad attitude when you were all for Obama as he attacked successful people. And then you expect them to have sympathy. But being the good people that they are they still post good information. But you argue with anyone who tells you what will help. Sorry if it's not "easy" as you HOPE for.

There comes a time where people just give up. Stay on Obama's HOPE train and see where that gets you. 5+ years in and you would think you would open your eyes.
That's the attitude I am talking about. I do not need your help, so quit pushing it. I also do not need hope, since I am one of those successful people who you claim are under attack. I have never collected one cent of welfare, and contrary to your claim, I did not vote for Obama. No, I am not under attack. As a matter of fact, I couldn't be happier. I was doing fine before Obama, and I am doing fine now, and I will be fine when he is gone. My life does not revolve around who happens to be in the White House.

Enjoy your the money that you have fallen in love with, but you'll just have a accept the fact that not everyone is interesting in hearing about it or hearing you tell them they need your help, when no one has asked for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies