Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 06:41 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,276,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
There's no need to for the "right wing" to do anything, because the plain fact is, smart, energetic people from all over the world are doing it on their own, instead of waiting for a handout or being led by the nose to it, and after they self-actualize, they come here and get offered a job that no American was motivated to strive for.

Most idiotic statement in the entire world of employment/labor is "they took our jobs."
  1. The job was never yours for someone else to "take"
  2. Nobody took anything...you gave it away.
  3. Source of all employment difficulties in this country can be found by staring into mirrors, not at immigration graphs.
If I have a job I need performed, I will seek people capable of doing it. I just had a roof put on my house. Should I have purchased all the materials and then found the nearest homeless person to train them to be a roofer, or should I have done what I did and found a licensed roofing contractor who came prepared with all the skills, tools, knowledge, etc of how to properly install and entire roof?

When your plumbing breaks, do you employ this altruism of yours and go grab the nearest minimum wage worker, and use your plumbing problem to help train them for a new career? Do you do that when you seek out a tax preparer, doctor, lawyer, realtor, etc? Every time you pay for a service, you are an employer. Do you go with people who have established skills and reputations, or do you always find the most pitiable among us and train them to do the job you require?

??
I doubt anyone does it on their own everybody gets help to get somewhere. So you are saying it is a unemployed person fault they are unemployed even though they may have been laid off and doing everything thing they can to get employed again. Pure ignorance on your part
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 06:51 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Well the government makes that hard too, there are lots of regulations. Make sure you have enough money to hire an attorney to get you through all that.

Then the government cost you money by a 78,000 tax code, make sure you hire a book keeper and CPA to keep you out of jail.

Government intends to keep you poor. If they didn't, then why can't the tax code be easy for everyone to understand. hmm, how many pages is Obamacare. I don't think government wants us to know whats in either the tax code or Obamacare.
If you aren't able to handle the tax code and regulations, or hire someone for it-which isn't that complex really....you probably shouldn't be running a business.

Its not as difficult as you make it sound, but you probably know that.

Would you prefer someplace where there weren't any regulations?

Old 07-01-2014, 07:32 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,455,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I guess the answer to your question is what kind of society do you want? Conservatives say that we should be a meritocracy. A society that permits unlimited wealth transfers will eventually become a plutocracy. Do you want a society with a permanent upper class, like the UK. Do you want an American aristocracy? A class of useless sons and daughters of the wealthy who live off what there ancestors made? I think that cuts across the grain of what it means to be American.

What is truly laughable is that the conservatives who say sure let there be unregulated wealth transfers are the ones least likely to benefit. As I mentioned in my previous post, I am not opposed to wealth transfers as long as it has limits.
Who makes the wealth transfer limits? You? the Government?

My parents worked two jobs each during their entire life times. They were frugal, saved every possible dime, invested carefully, and in the end, they left a surprisingly tidy sum to my sis and I. It was through their efforts of a lifetime..oh, and yes, they paid tax on every dime, so they could leave us property, assets, etc. No, not millions, but more than we expected.

According to you..or people like you...I should now fork over their hard earned money to you..or someone like you...to even the playing field? How ridiculous. These were savings of a life time from humble, rather low education folks who just happened to believe in the American dream. and they worked 80 hours a week to do it.

It makes me irrationally angry when people think I should have to fork it over to those who have hardly worked a day, have perhaps snuck over the boarder to steal from the wealth of this nation, who abuse drugs, who have multiple children they cannot afford, etc...just because I have it and you dont. I will never ever get past the unfairness of that concept.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:47 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
If you aren't able to handle the tax code and regulations, or hire someone for it-which isn't that complex really....you probably shouldn't be running a business.

Yes, how about switching to a Sales Tax and Value Added Tax scheme?

We are not on this Earth to guarantee that Tax Attorneys and Tax Accountants have jobs.

I guess if you were running the show, we'd still be making chastity belts and buggy whips...with unions.

Quote:
60% failure rate for restaurants. (the 90% is a urban myth). But finding funding is even more difficult if you can't do it yourself.

You're better off starting a food truck I think.
I guess it's a good thing the 1% can provide the funding.

Easily...

Mircea

Old 07-02-2014, 09:49 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:

uhm, I do handle the tax code by paying someone else to do it. It's having a team of "experts" (in their field) around me.

Last edited by petch751; 07-02-2014 at 10:13 AM..

Old 07-02-2014, 10:04 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:

Everyone has to run their business as they feel it is right for them.

No one can do it all.

Some businesses handle different areas.....deprecation charts change.

I do my taxes.....but, that is just me.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:10 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,889 times
Quote:

Taxes and regulation are often difficult to understand and they are also constantly changing, forcing most people who own businesses to hire a professional. Our government makes things far more complicated than they need to be.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:10 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Everyone has to run their business as they feel it is right for them.

No one can do it all.

Some businesses handle different areas.....deprecation charts change.

I do my taxes.....but, that is just me.
Me, I like to learn and understand the tax code as it becomes pertinent or when considering moves. I just feel more comfortable paying someone else who a professional that keeps up on the tax laws and to make sure it's done right and to give me advise when needed.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:13 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Me, I like learning the tax code as it becomes pertinent or when considering moves. I just feel more comfortable paying someone else to make sure it's done right and to give me advise when needed.
That is good in case of an audit....they can go represent you.

I made it though two audits.....not as bad as I thought it would be.

But, I would never volunteer.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:13 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,634,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I doubt anyone does it on their own everybody gets help to get somewhere.
Define "help"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
So you are saying it is a unemployed person fault they are unemployed even though they may have been laid off and doing everything thing they can to get employed again. Pure ignorance on your part
Yes. If you are unemployed, it's because you choose to be. Being laid off does not happen unexpectedly. Every company I have ever worked at has done layoffs, sometimes massive ones. Not once was it unexpected. And for the people who get laid off, there was a reason of their own making. For the ones who cannot find new employment, there's also a reason of their own making. Someone doing everything they can to find a job will. The people who do not are not really doing everything they can, but have convinced themselves that they have.

I have a very good friend who got laid off from a company I knew was going to be laying people off. I left one year before him because I saw it coming. I told him to start looking for new employment because I knew it was coming. He waited, stayed and got laid off. He ended up out of work for almost three years. During those three years, I talked to him once a month and asked him what he was doing to improve skills, education, knowledge, etc. Turns out...not much, which is what he had done with our previous employer. He marked time and collected paychecks, figuring his job would last forever. It didn't, and he found himself ten years behind the powercurve in IT as a result. His predicament for every single day of those three years was of his own making.

If you are unemployed, it's because you choose to be.
If you are unskilled, uneducated, and unemployable, it's because you choose to be.

It's pretty simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies