Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 07:59 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,211,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
So? The penalty would still apply to them, and they would be required to file a ax return to pay it.
And they will get a refund for an amount greater than the penalty...

Old 06-23-2014, 08:00 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,833,754 times
Nobody has the right to tell me I have to have insurance. That's the reason.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:06 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
And they will get a refund for an amount greater than the penalty...
perhaps, but pre ACA they would get the refund without the penalty deducted, which means pre ACA, a larger refund was available to them.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:09 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Nobody has the right to tell me I have to have insurance. That's the reason.

I'd offer people an opt out if they would sign a waiver attached to their SS # allowing every public hospital the right to deny them all services unless they paid Cash In Advance. Deal?

Old 06-23-2014, 08:10 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,211,396 times
Quote:
perhaps, but pre ACA they would get the refund without the penalty deducted, which means pre ACA, a larger refund was available to them.
What difference does that make given ACA has raised net costs on the health care system? More revenue along with more cost is not a savings.

Quote:
I'd offer people an opt out if they would sign a waiver attached to their SS # allowing every public hospital the right to deny them all services unless they paid Cash In Advance. Deal?
I will take that, as long as you get rid of government regulation restricting insurance across state lines and restricting the number of residents in each hospital.

Cash for service would work great if we got the federal government out of the system and let the market correct itself.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:10 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,833,754 times
Quote:
Fine with me man.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:12 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:

sure, I will take that. as long as I do not have to pay into obamacare.
I have been paying cash for all my medical bills for the last decade or so.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:23 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Get your facts straight and stop misrepresenting "45% of the people pay no taxes"

43% Of Americans Don't Pay Federal Income Tax - Business Insider

"Thanks to payroll taxes, it's nearly impossible to get away completely tax-free today. In fact, "just 14% of households pay neither income nor payroll tax and two-thirds of them are elderly," according to the TCP. And then there are taxes closer to home to consider. You'd be hard-pressed to find households who don't get hit with state or local income, sales, and property taxes.

Of the 43% of households owing no federal income tax this year, about half simply earned too little income to qualify, including many retired workers who live on Social Security. The remaining households likely qualify for breaks via the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit. "

Do your research before quoting the usual right-wing, hate the poor nonsense.
My facts are perfectly straight, I accounted for the millions of illegal aliens by rounding up to 45%, you act as if 43% is any better.

Please do your own research before you repeat the usual left wing idiot talking points which aren't correct.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:51 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,037,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
My facts are perfectly straight, I accounted for the millions of illegal aliens by rounding up to 45%, you act as if 43% is any better.

Please do your own research before you repeat the usual left wing idiot talking points which aren't correct.
Lol - got any sources for that? And note that it's NOT 43% are "mooching" unless you count the elderly and retired as mooches.

I know, I know.. you just want SO BADLY to prove that "those people" are the problem, but you've got nothing, and once I blew away your bashing of the "43%" by pointing out that a good number of them are retired, you then go, "Uh, I meant illegals... yeah..."

Sure you did...

Oh, and by the way - I don't support illegals being here, either, but again, you just make things up as you go with more nutty assumptions... typical.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:23 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
"Conservatives spent years predicting Obamacare would collapse in all manner of gloomy scenarios. But those predictions all occurred in the run-up to the law coming on-line, on the basis of sketchy, preliminary data or pure conjecture. But in the months since the law has come into effect, a steady stream of far more solid data has come in, and the doomsaying predictions are being hunted to extinction. The right’s ideological objections to Obamacare remain, but I can’t think of a single practical analytic claim they made that still looks correct."

Republicans Finally Admit Why They Hate the ACA -- NYMag

Good article that shows that all the rightwing talking points about the ACA have proven to be untrue.

So with all the taxes, cost shifting and job loses associated with Obamacare, the one poll cited in the article says it hasn't reduced the percentage of uninsured even though Medicaid rolls have exploded.

If the newly insured are largely new Medicaid recipients and the rate of uninsured hasn't changed, obviously people who had insurance don't have it now or went from paying for insurance to Medicaid.

Then they go on to cherry pick cities that have numbers they like and make projections about 2016.

Average cost of $82 per month means nothing when so many obtaining insurance are going on Medicaid.

It's all spin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies