Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 03:43 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,037,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The only people forced by the ACA to pay anything are those of us who are paying for your coverage now. The people who didn't have coverage before aren't "forced" to pay anything, they're still skirting by without any consequences. The only difference is now the insurance companies are getting richer.
Really, so that minimum payment people are required to make into the system - that "horrible fee that the guberment is making us pay by FORCING us to buy health insurance!" - doesn't now exist?

How very convenient for those on the far right: One day, the government is FORCING us to pay, and the next day "the poor aren't paying anything."

Old 06-23-2014, 03:44 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
No, smart guy. I have a special secret "Obama fan club card" that magically makes it so I don't have to even pay the minimum Obamacare payment... only available to "liberals" who believe in facts, so don't bother applying for one...

Are you really that insane? I pay whatever the healthcare plan requires, so, yes, I "pitch in," like everyone else. Do you "pitch in?" Geez... talk about people missing the point.

Let me spell it out for you: The right-wing loons were angry that the poor got free health-care before, and now are angry that the poor have to pay to get healthcare, which makes no sense... and, of course "Obama care is going to make everything far more expensive" except it didn't... Does that help?
The ACA has made health insurance more expensive for those of us who actually pay for it. For others the prices are great since someone else like myself is paying most of the bill.

How much is your gov. subsidy?

Old 06-23-2014, 03:45 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Quote:
No, smart guy.
I see. Well, that explains much. Unless, you want to elaborate without insults and hateful comments. You are a taker, someone who talks a good game but doesn't have skin in the game. I understand your position now and for future reference.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Really, so that minimum payment people are required to make into the system - that "horrible fee that the guberment is making us pay by FORCING us to buy health insurance!" - doesn't now exist?

How very convenient for those on the far right: One day, the government is FORCING us to pay, and the next day "the poor aren't paying anything."
How much is your subsidy? You're clearly embarrassed by this simple question, why is that? Be proud of your accomplishments, this is the result of lots of Democrat's hard work. You guys worked hard for this payoff, be proud of what you've "earned" or stolen from tax payers.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:46 PM

30,388 posts, read 19,184,321 times
I don't like the Unaffordable and I don't Care Act because it didn't solve the primary problem of affordability of medical care. I hoped we would look at what countries that our getting good value for their health care dollar like France, Japan, Singapore, Spain and reform our system to serve the population. Unfortunately, too many people are benefitting from our current wasteful system.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
How was that an insult? Are you embarrassed that other people are now being forced to pay for your health coverage?

I pay 100% of my health coverage, just like I did before the ACA came around. I follow the letter of the law and pay every dime in taxes that I owe.

The least you could do is thank the rest of us who are now subsiding Democrat failure all while you penalize success.
Pfffttt...

YOu are NOT paying 100% of your health coverage unless you are NOT in an insurance plan and instead pay everything out of pocket. If you can afford that, good for you. Maybe you should be counting your blessings that life has worked out well enough in your favor to afford you that luxury instead of slamming everyone who's less fortunate with partisan nonsense.

Note that I am not against the concept of insurance plans - and in insurance plans, everyone is, in effect, paying for somebody else. That's the way risk mitigation works, and that was true before and after the ACA went into effect... unless you actually believe that BEFORE the ACA, everyone who had health insurance was "paying 100% of their health coverage" and AFTER it "we'ze gots lots of freeloaders!"

In short, I'm not impressed. You have inaccurately assumed I have a problem with the concept of insurance - I don't - and you seem to think that before the ACA happened, people in health insurance plans were "paying 100% of their health care coverage," which is simply not true by definition.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
How much is your subsidy? You're clearly embarrassed by this simple question, why is that? Be proud of your accomplishments, this is the result of lots of Democrat's hard work. You guys worked hard for this payoff, be proud of what you've "earned" or stolen from tax payers.
I don't get a subsidy? What do you assume I do? Or, are we just making gross assumptions again?

Sounds like it... and if that's the best you've got, you can stuff it.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:58 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I see. Well, that explains much. Unless, you want to elaborate without insults and hateful comments. You are a taker, someone who talks a good game but doesn't have skin in the game. I understand your position now and for future reference.
I work full time and get no money from any entitlement programs, and never have. I pay taxes every year (being self-employed, I pay a lot of taxes), but had no employer-based healthcare. I get a subsidy for the healthcare policy that I bought through the exchanges.

There are many people like me out here, who work hard and who pay taxes, who simply don't have access to the employer-subsidized healthcare that you most likely have. (And yes, employer-based healthcare is subsidized, and always has been.)

We are not takers.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Geez, where did you work ? A Selma, Alabama prison in 1965.
Nope... Just a local, family-owned machine shop in a blue state... in this day and era, not 1965.

That being said, the people there belonged in the 1850's.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I work full time and get no money from any entitlement programs, and never have. I pay taxes every year (being self-employed, I pay a lot of taxes), but had no employer-based healthcare. I get a subsidy for the healthcare policy that I bought through the exchanges.

There are many people like me out here, who work hard and who pay taxes, who simply don't have access to the employer-subsidized healthcare that you most likely have. (And yes, employer-based healthcare is subsidized, and always has been.)

We are not takers.
Of course you're a taker, that's the entire premise of the ACA. Be proud, there's nothing wrong with taking something you've worked hard to steal when you're a liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies