Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 09:56 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times

Advertisements

All Republicans or just some?
I don't like the ACA because it is a very expensive, poorly executed piece of legislation. I don't like that I have to now pay more for the same product I already had. I don't like that Obama felt the need to lie repeatedly to try and sell it.
I'm not a republican, but I can understand where many come from.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:57 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,604,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
He's the POTUS. The POTUS has to keep the 1% happy, or they inflict economic pain on the other 99%. It isn't partisan.
Well that's a pretty cynical statement that's probably true.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:01 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,408,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh, now 1% are needed. That is NOT what Obama preached about during ANY of his campaigns. He called them evil.
No he didn't.

The 1% aren't evil (most of them, at least). Only crooks like the Koch brothers and Pete Peterson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
We are Republican....we have enough money for the rest of our lives.

We were forced to take free Obamamcare.......to pay for insurance the way the questions were asked....we had to take Medicaid.

What a country!!!!
Yep. Forced to contribute to health care. Without it, chumps can not pay a cent and clog up the emergency room on taxpayer dime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It's only 2014. Single payer is the goal by around 2016-2017 when the fees for NOT having healthcare will be more expensive than getting insurance. It's too early to come to conclusions on ObamaCare.

I don't like it because government needs to be removed from the process. The price structure of health care is all out of whack. The solution is not to add more regulations, more overhead costs, more government control over our life decisions, etc.
The government caused health care costs to get out of control?

Ludicrous.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:03 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
No he didn't.

The 1% aren't evil (most of them, at least). Only crooks like the Koch brothers and Pete Peterson.

Yep. Forced to contribute to health care. Without it, chumps can not pay a cent and clog up the emergency room on taxpayer dime.

Ludicrous.
No.....ours is FREE.

Like I said....what a country!!!!

Old 06-23-2014, 10:03 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,408,756 times
Quote:
No.....ours is FREE.

Like I said....what a country!!!!
Nothing is free.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:04 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,719,269 times
Quote:
We are Republican....we have enough money for the rest of our lives.

We were forced to take free Obamamcare.......to pay for insurance the way the questions were asked....we had to take Medicaid.

What a country!!!!

If its a flaw the same flaw exists with Medicare with people with very high net worths and high incomes getting subsidies worth almost $500 per month. You wont find too many conservatives on Medicare complaining about that little subsidy. Lots of people in California for example also are living in $800,000 houses they bought 30 years ago or more but have relatively low incomes. Should they have to sell their house to qualify for the ACA or Medicaid? Probably since they live in California...By the way nobody forced you to sign up for Medicaid. You could have signed up for the ACA or just bought a plan from a broker. So you took advantage of the law just like a lot of people who use section 179 write offs for SUV's..You wont see conservatives wanting to change that anytime soon.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:05 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
No he didn't.

Ludicrous.
Wow, this post is devoid of any intellectual backing whatsoever. Especially your last sentence.

Of COURSE government is part of the reason healthcare costs are so high! From malpractice insurance requirements (ie. no tort reform), to immigration policy, to Medicare and Medicaid, to burdensome regulations etc etc etc......ALL of it has government written all over it! And yet here you are saying that government didn't cause costs to spiral out of control????

Old 06-23-2014, 10:05 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Nothing is free.
I know....but, I don't get a bill.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:08 AM

46,315 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
The GOP doesn't like the ACA because it gives poor people better access to health care.

"Why do the poor deserve health care?"
The ACA was also to give all Americans insurance...hows that working for ya...

And just so you here it from obama....

Quote:
My plan begins by covering every American. If you already have health insurance, the only thing that will change for you under this plan is that the amount of money you will spend on premiums will be less," Obama said. "If you are one of 45 million Americans who don't have health insurance, you will after this plan becomes law."
Obama Unveils Universal Health Care Plan - CBS News

Old 06-23-2014, 10:08 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Good article that shows that all the rightwing talking points about the ACA have proven to be untrue.
A minor reminder, not to shoot the messenger here, but NY Magazine is as militantly liberal, if not more so, than anything in Mother Jones. Take any political issue they discuss with a healthy dose of skepticism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies