Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 09:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Facts? You wouldn't know one if it landed on you.

There are over 20 muslim civil wars going on right now across the planet, with muslims either at war with each other or non-muslims. There are dozens of muslim-majority countries that are ethnically cleansing minorities out, ISIS is raging across whole countries, there are literally tens of millions of muslims in pakistan who are helping or engaged in conducting terrorist attacks across afghanistan, india and pakistan itself, hamas and hezbollah are terrorist orgs with tens of thousands of members, there have been thousands upon thousands of terrorist attacks by muslims against civilian targets since 2000, let along since 1950. Millions of christians in africa have been murdered by rampaging muslims from the sudan outward.

The volume of terrorism in the 22 arab muslim countries in isolation is mind-boggling, and every recent poll has shown widespread support for it across that region.

The claim that all of this due to Western interference is laughable nonsense, islam is a death cult that should and must be eradicated if mankind is going to reach the 22nd century.
Reach the 22nd Century? 20 Muslim civil wars?

That's a mouthful out of an American....your country invaded Iraq for nothing, installed a puppet regime in Iran, gave strong backing to several Arab dictators, and is STILL in Afghanistan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
That's an interesting hypothesis: that the root of terrorism directed from Muslim societies against the West is a backlash to Western imperialism.

Here's the problem with that hypothesis however: terrorism and violence by Islamic organizations isn't just a problem in the West, it's a problem in Africa, in India, in China, in Russia, heck even in the Philippines. Islam has bloody borders more generally. That it isn't limited to the West and is so widespread suggests other causes.
Oh yeah....what does it suggest? You tell me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 11:50 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's a mouthful out of an American....
I'm not american but Turkish, but keep going, you're on a roll

Quote:
your country invaded Iraq for nothing,
"My" country did not do anything, but keep going, you're on a roll

Quote:
installed a puppet regime in Iran,
Really? Turkey invaded iran? When did this happen?

Quote:
gave strong backing to several Arab dictators, and is STILL in Afghanistan.
So now it's the US' fault that there are arab dictators....wow, those poor, poor arabs, can never seem to do anything except be manipulated by those pesky Westerners....

Must get tiring having to come up with an excuse blaming everyone else for your failings. Do you blame the West too when you run out of toilet paper in the bathroom?

Quote:
Oh yeah....what does it suggest? You tell me.
Let's see, you attack me not knowing what country I'm even from, attack the West for muslim civil wars that predate the West even existing as imperialistic entities by about 1,000 years,and then try and excuse muslim violence and terrorism on others.

What does that say about your abject lack of credibility or reasoning skills?

Old 06-26-2014, 05:06 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,452,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Many Jews are ultra liberal. Try again...
The older ones are. Younger generations are much more conservative.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:09 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Well at least you admit all Muslims are anti Israeli.
Actually you have that wrong. Since you know I work in the Middle East among millions of Arabs, most do not even give it a thought. Not their country, not their problem. It's their leaders that beat the drum of anti-Israel rhetoric and the use of fake or propaganda producing news reporters who use a narrow lens who make it more than it actually is.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post

The claim that all of this due to Western interference is laughable nonsense,...

It's not all of the "West". Most of the issues were created by the British and the French who always played both sides of the coin during their colonization periods. The US does have a minor part in the mess, but that is due to their naivety in dealing with Asia. The US gov't thinks their way is the best and only way to do things thus giving themselves a narrow look at the reality.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:07 AM

3,830 posts, read 4,665,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Actually you have that wrong. Since you know I work in the Middle East among millions of Arabs, most do not even give it a thought. Not their country, not their problem. It's their leaders that beat the drum of anti-Israel rhetoric and the use of fake or propaganda producing news reporters who use a narrow lens who make it more than it actually is.
First off I never said all Muslims are anti Israeli if you read the person I quoted, he did.

Secondly, what is your point. Are you implying there's no problem as all the Muslims you know want to just be left alone? Since most Muslims aren't radicalized jihadists we shouldn't worry about the 100+ million that are running amok?

Finally, I suspect the educated businessmen you work with in the ME are not the demographic of those carrying out terrorist attacks.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:30 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
First off I never said all Muslims are anti Israeli if you read the person I quoted, he did.

Secondly, what is your point. Are you implying there's no problem as all the Muslims you know want to just be left alone? Since most Muslims aren't radicalized jihadists we shouldn't worry about the 100+ million that are running amok?

Finally, I suspect the educated businessmen you work with in the ME are not the demographic of those carrying out terrorist attacks.
This is what you said to me when you more or less twisted what i said:

Quote:
Well at least you admit all Muslims are anti Israeli. It's a start.
It's a start. That pretty much indicates that you think ALL Muslims are not only anti-Israeli, but much worse. And that "much worse" is that you were implying that they're ALL anti-Jewish too. You didn't say "it's a start" for nothing.

It also means that you agreed with me when you mistakenly believed (and i misled you, admittedly) when you thought i was saying that ALL Muslims are anti-Israeli.

But you did mean that you believe ALL Muslims are anti-Israeli. Most definitely. That's irrefutable.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:27 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,665,531 times
You can try and put as many words in my mouth as you would like, but you're only making inferences. As I never said, that I believe ALL Muslims are anti-Israeli. That's what YOU said. What I meant by "it's a start" is that you at least admitted that they were anti-Israeli. The next thing to admit is there are also many that are anti-Semitic.

In the end, it is YOU that said THIS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Again, i don't see all Muslims as anti-Semitic. Anti-Israeli? Sure...i can buy that.
Please show me anywhere that I've said ALL Muslims are anti-Israeli. Go through as many of my posts as you want. I've never said any such thing.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:47 PM

938 posts, read 1,516,083 times
You might be able to compare the attitude toward Jews and Israel in the Muslim Middle East to the attitude toward Communists in the U.S.

Are most Americans against Communists? Umm, the Americans that actually have an opinion about Communists are probably mostly against it. But the majority of Americans who were born after Vietnam either don't care, or simply remember being taught that they were "bad" without really understanding why. If they discovered that their friend was a Communist, they would probably be like, "oh, okay. Whatever floats his boat".

Most Muslims have probably never met a Jew or Israeli and therefore couldn't care less. But virtually all Muslims in the Middle East who DO have an opinion about Jews and Israel are probably anti-Israel at the very least, and anti-Semitic at worst. Why? Because they've been taught that way their whole life and have never heard any opinion to the contrary.

BTW I'm not comparing Jews themselves to Communists, only the similar kind of exposure they get in the U.S. vs. the Middle East.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:

If you didn't say "all" then fine. But your wording implied it even if you didn't mean so. Secondly I've been working in nearly every Arab country from Egypt to UAE for nearly 10 years now. I've been in the homes of low income Arabs as well as Ultra rich Arabs. They all know I'm Jewish and we've had open conversations. Outside of Afghanistan, I've never had an issue with an Arab. I'm not saying that there is no problem. Every country on the planet has racists/bigots. The biggest problem is that thanks to misinformation by the media (and other sources) the few thousand are made to sound like millions which is false. And thirdly I'm a techie so I really don't deal with businessmen, but I do work with educated people. And finally your comment about the demographics of terrorists is wrong. They all come from different walks of life. If you look at the 9/11 hijackers, most were well educated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies