Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 12:59 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
You can try and put as many words in my mouth as you would like, but you're only making inferences. As I never said, that I believe ALL Muslims are anti-Israeli. That's what YOU said. What I meant by "it's a start" is that you at least admitted that they were anti-Israeli. The next thing to admit is there are also many that are anti-Semitic.

Please show me anywhere that I've said ALL Muslims are anti-Israeli. Go through as many of my posts as you want. I've never said any such thing.
How about we all misinterpreted each others posts, meet somewhere in the middle and move forward past this bump in the road?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 01:05 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
Most Muslims have probably never met a Jew or Israeli and therefore couldn't care less. But virtually all Muslims in the Middle East who DO have an opinion about Jews and Israel are probably anti-Israel at the very least, and anti-Semitic at worst. Why? Because they've been taught that way their whole life and have never heard any opinion to the contrary.

Mostly correct. And let me add that in the area I live in (the US), none of my neighbors had ever spoke to a Jew before they met me.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
You can try and put as many words in my mouth as you would like, but you're only making inferences. As I never said, that I believe ALL Muslims are anti-Israeli. That's what YOU said. What I meant by "it's a start" is that you at least admitted that they were anti-Israeli. The next thing to admit is there are also many that are anti-Semitic.

In the end, it is YOU that said THIS:

Please show me anywhere that I've said ALL Muslims are anti-Israeli. Go through as many of my posts as you want. I've never said any such thing.
I'm putting the words in your mouth that came out of your mouth....nothing more, nothing less.

You meant that they are ALL anti-Israeli and by extension, ALL anti-Semitic.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:07 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,665,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm putting the words in your mouth that came out of your mouth....nothing more, nothing less.

You meant that they are ALL anti-Israeli and by extension, ALL anti-Semitic.
No I didn't.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
No I didn't.
Ok...fine.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:48 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,226,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
On France, I think the Muslims have studied European history and think the French will surrender without a fight as they have in the past. I have predicted that the French will be forced to pray to Mecca in the future.
What history is that?

If the U.S. thought France would surrender without a fight, then it would have invaded by now.

Remember the 'Axis of Evil' speech given more than 10 year ago? Do you wonder why only Iraq was invaded? Maybe it is because the Koreans handed America their asses last time and it would no doubt happen again. Maybe because Iran, despite 35 years of U.S. directed economic warfare, can still easily kill tens of thousands of Americans during an invasion, and successfully occupying it would kills tens of thousands more; not only in Iran, but also in American cities where people would become paralyzed with fear that they would next to fall victim to a 'terrorist' attack. And wars against either Iran or North Korea could escalate into larger conflicts that would result in the deaths of hundreds of thousands if not millions of Americans.

So...what country likes to start wars against people who give up without a fight?

Last edited by Clint.; 06-26-2014 at 09:06 PM..

Old 06-26-2014, 08:59 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,886,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh yeah....what does it suggest? You tell me.
I don't know why the interactions between (most; there are major exceptions such as Turkey, Bangladesh, etc.) Islamic and non-Islamic societies have been so marked by terrorism and violence in recent years. I do know that the universality of that problem to cover many interactions involving Islamic and non-Western societies neatly disproves the hypothesis that it is a reaction to Western actions in specific.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
I don't know why the interactions between (most; there are major exceptions such as Turkey, Bangladesh, etc.) Islamic and non-Islamic societies have been so marked by terrorism and violence in recent years. I do know that the universality of that problem to cover many interactions involving Islamic and non-Western societies neatly disproves the hypothesis that it is a reaction to Western actions in specific.
Not to me it doesn't.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:20 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,226,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
Uh, decades of the U.S. and U.K. treating Arab states like pawns and stealing their oil? Hypocrisy about freedom and human rights?

When is that last time you heard a U.S. president criticize Saudi Arabia for its repressive treatment of Saudi citizens?

Old 06-27-2014, 06:25 AM

401 posts, read 650,148 times
Typical French bashing going on here. Nothing new. As if fat-ass Americans knew how traumatic the first world war had been for the French. Only twenty years later another attack from the same ennemy.
All of Europe surrendered or complied with the German, not only the French. And the British were protected by the English channel and would have surrendered eventually without the US intervention in Europe. That's pretty much the reason why the US fought the Germans in Europe, they didn't wanna lose their greatest ally at the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies