Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 05:13 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
So what will happen when all the Jews leave France?
We won't have Democrats like Senator Daniel Inouye giving $8 Million of tax-payer money to France to build posh schools for Jews.

Look at the bright side....

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 05:16 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
A nasty and long history of anti-Semitism.

It's certainly not limited to those of Muslim faith.
Exactly!

From the Dreyfus affair to other examples France has not always cloaked itself with glory regarding anti-Semitism.

While not universal during WWII there were no shortage of French Christians that almost gleefully participated in on various levels with the Germans/Nazis in their extermination plans for France's Jews. Films like "Au Revoir les Enfants" tell a sad tale of French who gladly turned Jews into German authorities when given the chance.

Long story short as with the Revolution and other dramatic events the French often have this collective memory of wanting to forget the past, move on and see what they want to see. It happened post WWII and is still going on today. The state French railway (SCNF) would never have agreed to confessing it's role in the deportation of Jews to death camps during WWII if it did not come down to money. First thing we heard were denials. Then came "why drag all that ancient history up again?". Then finally when the USA market seemed to becoming closed off we heard another story.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:00 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Anti-Semitic Assault and Stabbing in Paris Library - Jewish World - News - Arutz Sheva

Clearly France cannot protect it's own citizens from these attacks and the only solution will be for all the French Jews to continue emigrating to Israel where they actually have a government looking out for them. I have a feeling the Muslim Arabs will just move on to persecuting Christians once all the Jews have fled. I wonder if France will do something about it then?
France's future is terrible; even those who are not jewish are leaving in droves due to the dreadful economic outlook and lack of career opportunities:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/23/bu...voir.html?_r=0

All the best and brightest are leaving, and if history has shown us anything, any time the jews leave, that country is utterly f--ked. It is beginning to look like france will be europe's first country to fall to the islamic invasion.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:05 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
That was not my meaning. France itself has not protected it's Jewish citizens, that is why they should worry, regardless of where the threat is coming from.
Are they supposed to get them bodyguards?

Old 06-24-2014, 07:13 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
This is is one of many negative consequences that come with surrendering to islam.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:25 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Are they supposed to get them bodyguards?
Seriously? How about contributing something to the debate.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:55 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,795,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
But no one here helped the Nazis round up their Jewish neighbors for extermination.
Unlike France, the Nazis never occupied the U.S., though.

Had the Nazis somehow magically managed to occupy the U.S., then there might have unfortunately been some Americans who would have helped the Nazis round up Jews for extermination.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
1. France has a nasty history of anti-Semitism.

2. If I were Jewish I wouldn't be comfortable.
1. Unfortunately, Yes. Not necessarily worse than that of some other countries, but still pretty nasty.

2. Well, considering that I myself am ethnically Jewish, if I lived in France, then chances are that I probably wouldn't be particularly open about my Jewishness. Perhaps this might cause me to have less problems in such a scenario.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
While not universal during WWII there were no shortage of French Christians that almost gleefully participated in on various levels with the Germans/Nazis in their extermination plans for France's Jews. Films like "Au Revoir les Enfants" tell a sad tale of French who gladly turned Jews into German authorities when given the chance.
This is an example of the unfortunate concept known as the "banality of evil".

Old 06-24-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
France surrendered to the Nazis
France surrendered to the Nazis after they were beaten by them in battle.

Also, as for this French anti-Semitism, is there any data which states which percentage of anti-Semitic incidents in France were caused by Muslims?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies