Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 07:56 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
1000 illegal democrat primary voters, in just one district. 850 in another, and 900 in another.

Cochran is said to have a margin, by 6800 votes, as of Wednesday morning.
Cochran's entire district will have to be examined for indications of illegal voting. I suppose they could stop when the numbers become so large that continuing to examine and count isn't even necessary.

What happens in MS when it's clear beyond a doubt that an election was won by invalid illegal votes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 10:34 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
The Tea Party has decided to turn and rend their parent party. (I know, I know...they're 'independent'). But all they are doing is weakening themselves.

What they're doing is putting the GOP on notice that they're willing to push even a candidate who might lose rather than suffer fossils like Thad Cochran, who continue to call themselves Republicans. If that's the message that's sent, so be it.

I'll speak for myself and say that, as a conservative, I'll no longer be voting for a Republican simply to keep out a Democrat if there's a third-party candidate who better matches my ideals. Yes, I did that in the past, voting for the "lesser of two evils."

I'm sick of career politicians (whatever the party), I'm sick of RINOs, and I'm sick of RIWs (Rinos-in-waiting).

Old 06-27-2014, 10:40 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
What they're doing is putting the GOP on notice that they're willing to push even a candidate who might lose rather than suffer fossils like Thad Cochran, who continue to call themselves Republicans. If that's the message that's sent, so be it.
You've got that backwards. The establishment Republicans are the real Republicans. They are the same Republicans they've always been. Hence the word "establishment." It's the Tea Party that has barreled its way into the GOP demanding they do things the way the TP wants, not the other way around.

If the Tea Party is so upset with the GOP, why not form their own party instead of insisting the long-established GOP change to conform to them?

Of course we all know the answer to that. Because the Tea Party represents only a small faction of the electorate and they couldn't survive without their host. So instead, they are destroying the host because they can't get their way.

The GOP is going to rue the day they embraced this monster.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:44 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Cochran's entire district will have to be examined for indications of illegal voting. I suppose they could stop when the numbers become so large that continuing to examine and count isn't even necessary.

What happens in MS when it's clear beyond a doubt that an election was won by invalid illegal votes?
Isn't the state the entire district in a Senatorial contest?

Old 06-27-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Up until a few hours ago, IC thought there were "Senatorial Districts" in every state, and each Senator only represented one half of each state.

//www.city-data.com/forum/35413297-post144.html

Old 06-27-2014, 11:39 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:

If they reach 6,800 mark of people who voted Dem in the Jun 3 primary and also voted in the run-off, then they should at minimum have another vote. Best would be to through those votes out. I would also like to see each person who did that be prosecuted.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:49 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yep. I was thinking 2 Senators and somehow conflated it with Congressional Districts. It was my mistake and I apologized for that in another thread. Sorry.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:13 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
And how's this for irony... Cochran's campaign distributed flyers in Black neighborhoods claiming that "The tea party intends to prevent blacks from voting on Tuesday." But by voting for Cochran, this GOP campaign trick legally prevents Blacks from voting for the Democrat candidate in November.
Why do you assume all or even most black voters were tricked? Undoubtedly some were unaware that by voting R in the primary, they were locked into voting R in the general, but dim bulbs exist in any human gathering.

Personally, I imagine that many, if not most, black voters are sophisticated about election law and strategy. They've had to be!

Edited to add - in a district where the D never wins, why would it be unintelligent to vote for the R whose policies you hate less?

Old 06-27-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Edited to add - in a district where the D never wins, why would it be unintelligent to vote for the R whose policies you hate less?
I've asked this question in every thread, and not a single conservative will answer it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies