Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2014, 07:38 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times

Advertisements

I didn't know going from 0.03% to 0.04% CO2 was going to be so catastrophic.... People, please grow a brain... Global warming is BS... The global warming believers wants you to believe a 0.01% change is going to cause gigantic changes in everything and they want your money in their pockets to help stop it... Don't fall for their utter BS...

Old 07-04-2014, 09:27 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
How much more proof do you need? At least you aren't trying to tell me its actually cooling. SMH. Let me ask you something. What if Global Warming isn't caused by human activity? Why is that the point. It isn't. Global Warming is going to mean the end of humanity. That means your kids, if not actually yourself. Are you ok with that? So... I'll ask you again. What if we aren't the cause of the temperature rise? Does that make it alright? What if by reducing carbon emissions we can do something about a problem we didn't cause? What a concept. But I'm certain that we are in fact the cause of AGW. Even if you aren't. It's not all about you and what you believe or don't believe. Your post is so full of FAIL I don't trust you to believe that humanity is in anyway in deep ****.

H
Such dramatics.

All you have are computer models, which are written by agenda driven activists who predict doom and gloom. Good thing all their computer models fail to live up to their hype. Not one computer model predicted this 15 year pause in warming, not one.

It's only been over the past year that people like you are starting to predict the end of humanity, and even the destruction of the planet.

It was your superstitious kind who burned witches at the stake, and tossed virgins into the volcanoes before that. If there is a drought, or a cold winter, or a rumble in the earth, you guys always looked to blame your fellow man.

We aren't buying what you're selling, so go rattle your witch doctor bones somewhere else, we are all sold out of crazy here.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:31 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Wow! You're the first AGW supported I have ever heard admit there even is such thing as a Milankovitch Cycle!

Yet that rather shallow article, as good as it is about explaining tilt of the earth's axis, overlooks other contributing factors that are a part of the equation. Precession and sunspots can have significant effects, independently, but especially in conjunction. The Little Ice Age (which many AGW folks I have encountered deny was a global event) was mainly a result of extended periods of several low to no sunspot activity.

The article you referenced does do ok in explaining how cold weather can beget more cold weather, and increase snow and ice can lead to further cooling.

There is hope for you yet.
Yup, admitting that there really is a sun, is a step in the right direction for those AGW science deniers. Ooops, there goes one with a virgin over his shoulder... <sigh>... probably looking for a volcano to toss her into.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:51 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
Unless you can produce a list of 200 international scientific academies that agree that Godzilla is going to awaken and kill everyone, you're just being obtuse.

If he or she could produce such a list, would you toss common sense in the nearest trash can because experts who have something to gain from scaring the **** out of people said so?

Old 07-05-2014, 06:59 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,496,479 times
It is too late to make any difference. See Post at:
//www.city-data.com/forum/32670477-post5.html

Old 07-05-2014, 07:19 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
really? you just said the commodities market, you didnt specify;

You crazy alarmists just aren't happy unless someone completely swings over to your point of view 100% of the way.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:03 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Whether or not there is proof that global warming exists would it not make sense to try to prevent it just in case?
No.

What would make sense would be constructing a laboratory model that every university and major laboratory can replicate, which either proves or disproves the hypothesis....and AGW is an hypothesis and not a theory.

60 years ago in the 1950s, Crick & Watson -- who discovered DNA -- constructed a laboratory model of Primitive Earth, replicating all of the conditions on Earth from temperature to humidity to air pressure to atmospheric composition etc.

This model proved that amino acids could form and the whole process of DNA evolution could take place.

It also proved something else: the time frame necessary is too short.

Based on that, both of those Nobel Prize winning scientists arrived at the same conclusion using different reasoning and facts: Life did not begin on Earth. Life came to Earth already in an advanced form of cellular state (General Panspermia and Directed Panspermia).

This is the 21st Century.

Where is this big model everyone can see? Why isn't the original or a replica sitting at the Smithsonian for all to see and marvel?

Crick & Watson built their model on a shoe-string budget....these ass-clowns have squandered $Billions and got nothing to show for it, except a faulty computer model that no one understands and can't even make predictions.

They prey on the ignorant. They heavily employ Göbellian Propaganda Techniques.

Earth is like a green-house. Really? Greenhouses are spherical? Have polar ice caps? Have glaciers? Have 75% of the surface area covered in water/salt-water? Have miles and miles of atmosphere? Have multiple layers of atmosphere with differing wind speeds and directions?

They've changed names three times: Global Warming -- until it was pointed out that Earth naturally goes through warming and cooling and that these warming and cooling periods take place within cyclical glaciation periods which take place within Ice Ages.

So, then they have us Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW). When that didn't get the knees jerking, they gave us Climate Change.

I'm only mildly curious as to what cute name they'll give it when they re-brand it a 4th time.

I wouldn't be surprised if the re-branded it as Sun-rise.

Do you deny Sun-rise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
When are you deniers going to learn that past climate millions of years ago has absolutely nothing to do with AGW happening today?
When are you going to learn that your life is not the bench-mark for global climate?

When are you going to stop cherry-picking data?

Quote:
So tell me then, why is the earth warming instead of cooling?
The Earth is not warming.

If the Earth was warming, then the Average Global Temperature would increase 10.6°F to reach the same Average Global Temperature as the last Inter-Glacial Period ~120,000 years ago.

The real question is, "What is preventing the Earth's temperature from increasing another 10.6°F?"

Scientifically sensible...

Mircea

Old 07-05-2014, 09:32 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post

This is where the beast lives for all of you people, isn't it. This is what makes you DENY. That you won't be able to flaunt the F350 Duallie. I don't know what good the thing will do you when the military requisitions civilian gasoline stockpiles. Peak OIl has NOTHING to do with AGW but... if we migrate transportation to an all electric infrastructure, you will have something to drive in 25 years and, possibly a stable economic climate to drive it in. Fight it, and you will have the truck, but won't be able to perform enough sex acts on enlisted personnel to keep the tank filled. Nor will it even be safe for you to go outdoors, think Iraq.

Purely conjecture, just like humanity dropping off in 100 years.

These is some pretty bizarre claims and you backed it up with so many facts it was stupefying.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:34 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,496,479 times

James Balog: Time-lapse proof of extreme ice loss - YouTube

Old 07-05-2014, 09:40 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Science works with evidence, not proof...Your ignorance of the scientific method is exposed again....No matter what evidence I post you would reject it, as you prefer to remain as you are.
What is the difference between evidence and proof?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies