Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2014, 09:41 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Abstinence is always effective, unless your name is Mary.
So you're telling me you've never tripped over a rock and fell straight into a naked chic before?

It might be a 1:3,141,592,653,589,793 chance but it happens and you should pay me for it. I mean reimburse me for it. I mean subsidize me in case it happens again sometime in the future before the Sun engulfs the Earth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 03:08 AM

34 posts, read 82,172 times
Default Waaaahh!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
No, they object to FOUR types of BC.

And they COVER 16 types. Quit whining, liberal! Why are ANY contraceptives covered after women have been paying for them for 50 (FIFTY) years without complaint? Preventative birth control can be purchased for less than $5.00 per month.

You liberals are the biggest bunch of whiners on the planet and are se easily manipulated it is a joke.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”-PJ O'Rourke

Old 07-03-2014, 03:16 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Again if conservatives didn't care there would be no issue.

If conservatives didn't care, they'd see birth control as what it is medical treatment, but conservatives don't see birth control as medical treatment.

They see birth control as enabling immoral consequence free sex for women.

And because conservatives want to control the sexual behavior of women, they don't want public money spent on birth control and they support employee's access to birth control covered in their employee health insurance to be determined by the morality of corporations.

Again despite your insistence to the contrary, people who don't see birth control in moralistic or woman hating/controlling terms just sees birth control as what it is medical care.

conservatives have an anti-birth control viewpoint as your posts keep proving.
We see more of the liberals war on business and religion and men. You can not name one right that was lost

Old 07-03-2014, 03:59 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
"Closely held" corporations. I guess it is a win for the Catholic Church, but I wonder it this will lead to more abortions.....
Why is it a win for the Catholic Church? Is Hobby Lobby a Catholic family owned entity, or are they Evangelical Christians? I have been of the impression that they are Evangelicals.

Secondly, why would this lead to "more abortions?" What is your reasoning? There is nothing logical about that assertion. It is simply more "spin," or leftist rhetoric.

Old 07-03-2014, 04:07 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
I guess companies can worship god/gods now.
Oh, please! It is silliness like this that destroys reasoned debate.

Old 07-03-2014, 04:09 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, please! It is silliness like this that destroys reasoned debate.
Most liberals and reasoned debate is not really possible

Old 07-03-2014, 06:55 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Free stuff trumps the 1st Amendment and religious liberty in the liberal mind.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:03 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
So you're telling me you've never tripped over a rock and fell straight into a naked chic before?

It might be a 1:3,141,592,653,589,793 chance but it happens and you should pay me for it. I mean reimburse me for it. I mean subsidize me in case it happens again sometime in the future before the Sun engulfs the Earth
Oh ffs. Listen, by that logic employer paid insurance shouldn't cover anything you do to yourself. It's not my fault if you crash your motorbike, tweak your rotator cuff golfing, trip over the sidewalk and break your ankle going to your recreational Sunday brunch. Eat too much bacon and need a triple bypass? Pay for it yourself goddammit!

Sex is a healthy and integral part of being human. It's no different to any other activity people undertake to keep themselves sane and whole. I pay for all sorts of things people engage in on a daily basis. Probably stuff you've done to yourself by virtue of getting out of bed. Quit yer bitchin.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:08 AM

6 posts, read 4,863 times
Default There is hope for economic freedom

Goodness grief. Is it really true that women need birth control from an employer? Is this our worry? I mean I am against thugs and thugettes having 10 kids by 10 different scum. Are you? Unbelievable. How bout a condom or withdrawal method...? I say bama care should mandate condom training.

Wait. Let these people mind their ****in business. How bout that?

This whole thing is absurd. The fact our supreme court looks at this stuff is really making me come close to tears.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:24 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh ffs. Listen, by that logic employer paid insurance shouldn't cover anything you do to yourself. It's not my fault if you crash your motorbike, tweak your rotator cuff golfing, trip over the sidewalk and break your ankle going to your recreational Sunday brunch. Eat too much bacon and need a triple bypass? Pay for it yourself goddammit!

Sex is a healthy and integral part of being human. It's no different to any other activity people undertake to keep themselves sane and whole. I pay for all sorts of things people engage in on a daily basis. Probably stuff you've done to yourself by virtue of getting out of bed. Quit yer bitchin.
On, gee, I didn't know it was a constitutional right to own a motorcycle and to golf. Wow, you learn something new everyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies