Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 10:59 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Well if I'm a terrorist or a criminal looking to buy a firearm, I'm probably not too concerned about the return policy.

Again, the question of why people want this is pretty basic, was talked about in the news quite a bit and it one has to be pretty lazy to even ask that question without first looking it up. Whether you agree or disagree with their intentions, it would take someone of a rather simple intellect to not understand the why of things.

Understanding that current laws are NOT enforced, should take rather simple intellect, something that you fail to have evidently....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 11:02 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
I find it ironic when people who are so "anti-gun" and would like to see them banned are the first ones to make a comment like "if a sex offender ever went near my children I'd shoot them!"

First off:

1.) With what guns? The banned ones?
2.) Where is the compassion that the left speaks of, wouldn't you want to instead rehabilitate them?

I really get annoyed when the left is so hypocritical, but I know this person who is contastly on a anti-gun, war on women rant when the other day she made this comment about sex offenders.
Yeah, a sample size of one is really indicative of millions of people, eh?

Old 07-02-2014, 11:09 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,296,810 times
Quote:
I find it ironic when people who are so "anti-gun" and would like to see them banned are the first ones to make a comment like "if a sex offender ever went near my children I'd shoot them!"

First off:

2.) Where is the compassion that the left speaks of, wouldn't you want to instead rehabilitate them?

I really get annoyed when the left is so hypocritical, but I know this person who is contastly on a anti-gun, war on women rant when the other day she made this comment about sex offenders.

Not everyone who's against the current system wants guns banned. The current system allows direct sales without background checks at gun shows by non FFL dealers. These straw purchases have been tracked to inner city crimes all over the nation in the ATF study Following the Gun. The current laws in place are a proven failure, and are lobbied for by the gun manufacturers that put profits ahead of human life. We have one of the highest homicide rates in the industrialized world, and gun advocates support the current system, because they've been brainwashed by corporate controlled media. The 2nd amendment is only a perceived right, because you don't have a right to possess all forms of arms. Therefore it is only an excuse used to continue the status quo to insure profits.

What we need are for our laws to be modeled more like Canada. I'm a responsible citizen who owns long guns and under Canadian law would not have to register the guns I own. However, hanguns, and multiple round assault type guns are registered in Canada. This way if a gun is used in a crime someone is held responsible. Make no mistake about it, the gun laws in the US are liberal. These liberal values towards a perceived right need to be changed, and hold these corporate criminals responsible for the loss of American lives.

The gun advocates clichés the gun didn't do it, and the rest are complete bs. It is time we as Americans do something to address this issue, so that only law abiding citizens have guns. those in support of current laws have blood on their hands.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:20 AM

865 posts, read 1,489,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Not everyone who's against the current system wants guns banned. The current system allows direct sales without background checks at gun shows by non FFL dealers. These straw purchases have been tracked to inner city crimes all over the nation in the ATF study Following the Gun. The current laws in place are a proven failure, and are lobbied for by the gun manufacturers that put profits ahead of human life. We have one of the highest homicide rates in the industrialized world, and gun advocates support the current system, because they've been brainwashed by corporate controlled media. The 2nd amendment is only a perceived right, because you don't have a right to possess all forms of arms. Therefore it is only an excuse used to continue the status quo to insure profits.

What we need are for our laws to be modeled more like Canada. I'm a responsible citizen who owns long guns and under Canadian law would not have to register the guns I own. However, hanguns, and multiple round assault type guns are registered in Canada. This way if a gun is used in a crime someone is held responsible. Make no mistake about it, the gun laws in the US are liberal. These liberal values towards a perceived right need to be changed, and hold these corporate criminals responsible for the loss of American lives.

The gun advocates clichés the gun didn't do it, and the rest are complete bs. It is time we as Americans do something to address this issue, so that only law abiding citizens have guns. those in support of current laws have blood on their hands.
This girl did want guns banned totally (except for military and police), and then she said she would shoot a sex offender if they went near her children. How can you say no guns in one breath, but lets use them in another if it suits her??? She is the fifth person I heard would like to shoot a sex offender but was against guns - its really disturbing! I often sneak the whole sex offender thing into a conversation and then these particular liberals go all "I'd shoot them" on me. I'm just saying why are liberals so hateful of sex offender and don't want to see them rehabilitated, and just want to shoot them??? Isn't that against the liberal mindset on so many levels (i.e. gun control). Besides, no one should be talking shooting other people, PERIOD!

Last edited by bluemonday; 07-02-2014 at 11:30 AM..

Old 07-02-2014, 12:32 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post

You got your facts wrong.

The current system allows private sales without background checks whether it's at a gun show or not and provided the purchaser is not a prohibited person (see ATF Form 4473 for definition) and the seller is not knowingly sell the gun to the purchaser.

The straw purchases don't happen often via private sales. Most straw purchases happen via FFL dealers and with background checks, which account for almost 40% of guns obtained illegally.

The current laws aren't failures but the enforcement is. Let me quote our beloved leader Joe Biden and he said "we don't have time for that," referring to repeated request from NRA to enforce the law to go after the straw purchasers.

Another point is if someone is prohibited from getting a gun, why do you let him walk on the street to begin with? If he really wants a gun and can't buy one, wouldn't he steal, kill, or rob one? It's utterly stupid to let these guys walk around while using background checks to prevent them from getting weapons.

Old 07-02-2014, 12:36 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:

First off:

Oy!
A conservative on another thread today said that women shouldn't be allowed to vote.
Using your flawed logic, that means all conservatives think that women should lose the right to vote.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:51 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Just wondering howamy background checks I need to pass? I have easily taken over 50 at this point in my life, why do I need to take more?

Old 07-02-2014, 02:13 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Just wondering howamy background checks I need to pass? I have easily taken over 50 at this point in my life, why do I need to take more?
Because you can turn into a baby eating monster any given day. You cannot be trusted!

Old 08-16-2014, 02:38 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Doubtful, but you do realize that it has been proven that the current 4473 form is not enforced...

So, go ahead, lets have them 4 sentence long response....I'll be glad to talk about it...
Its funny that only 24 people have been prosecuted over the 4 years of 4473 violations..

Old 08-16-2014, 09:19 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:

First off:

That is incredibly specific reasoning. It is hypocritical, but I honestly don't think this is something that is said a lot. I feel like you happened to run into 3 people in one day who all said this, and it bothered you.

I won't deny there is hypocrisy on the issue at large though. The left brings up issues about rights for women, homosexuals, and other minorities but deny the right that is specifically granted within the constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies