Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 09:41 AM

865 posts, read 1,489,437 times

Advertisements

I find it ironic when people who are so "anti-gun" and would like to see them banned are the first ones to make a comment like "if a sex offender ever went near my children I'd shoot them!"

First off:

1.) With what guns? The banned ones?
2.) Where is the compassion that the left speaks of, wouldn't you want to instead rehabilitate them?

I really get annoyed when the left is so hypocritical, but I know this person who is contastly on a anti-gun, war on women rant when the other day she made this comment about sex offenders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 09:52 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,576,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
I find it ironic when people who are so "anti-gun" and would like to see them banned are the first ones to make a comment like "if a sex offender ever went near my children I'd shoot them!"

First off:

2.) Where is the compassion that the left speaks of, wouldn't you want to instead rehabilitate them?

I really get annoyed when the left is so hypocritical, but I know this person who is contastly on a anti-gun, war on women rant when the other day she made this comment about sex offenders.
More strawman nonsense.

Almost all gun control supporters do not support banning it outright. We just want background checks before any bozo could buy one.

And no, I do not have compassion. I've been supporting castrating rapists many years now. That doesn't prevent me from common sense that if my next door neighbor is going to get a gun legally he ought to pass a bare minimum background check. You know, sort of like if my next door neighbor's daughter who just turned 16, she ought to have passed a minimum standard examination to get her driver's license. It's as simple as that. We just want a bare minimum background check and bare minimum gun safety course. Is that too much to ask?

Added by edit.

And yes, I would kill any bastard that lay a hand on my little ones.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:56 AM

865 posts, read 1,489,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
More strawman nonsense.

Almost all gun control supporters do not support banning it outright. We just want background checks before any bozo could buy one.

And no, I do not have compassion. I've been supporting castrating rapists many years now. That doesn't prevent me from common sense that if my next door neighbor is going to get a gun legally he ought to pass a bare minimum background check. You know, sort of like if my next door neighbor's daughter who just turned 16, she ought to have passed a minimum standard examination to get her driver's license. It's as simple as that. We just want a bare minimum background check and bare minimum gun safety course. Is that too much to ask?

Added by edit.

The woman who made this statement does not even support background checks - basically stating no one besides military and police should have guns.

P.S. I don't see what the big deal on a background check is - you have to get one for job, large purchase, renting an apartment, etc. I'm 100% for background checks and keeping 2nd Amendment intact. Won't keep the criminals from getting guns though...

Old 07-02-2014, 09:56 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
More strawman nonsense.

Added by edit.

Are you sure you want to open that can of worm?

Keep and bear arm is a right while driving is a privilege. If I follow your idea, anybody who posts here needs firstly obtain a license to speak because the freedom of the speech is a right too.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
The woman who made this statement does not even support background checks - basically stating no one besides military and police should have guns.
I see... by your logic, since Fred Phelps was white and loved to use the phrase "god hates ****", is it ok for me to assume that at least the majority of white christian males hate ****?

You used one woman's statement to paint an entire group of people. I reserve the right to do the same.

Fred Phelps was also a christian conservatives. Therefore, I should then assume that most christian conservatives thank god for dead soldiers.

Quote:
P.S. I don't see what the big deal on a background check is - you have to get one for job, large purchase, renting an apartment, etc. I'm 100% for background checks and keeping 2nd Amendment intact. Won't keep the criminals from getting guns though...
Again, almost all pro-gun control crowd simply want background checks and the bare minimum of gun safety training. And it's not even the criminals we want to target. It's the occasional schizo and idiot that worry us more.

I was at a range last month training my brother with firearms. Yes, I'm a firearm expert. Right next to us was an instructor of some sort training a woman. He couldn't figure out how to release the mag. So, I went over and showed him how. No problem. At least 3 times, I saw him flagging that woman with his finger on the trigger.

Unlike you, I don't have that much faith in the common folk. I also want my right to my guns. Why not have the bare minimum background check and the bare minimum gun safety training?

Old 07-02-2014, 10:14 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,946 times
Quote:

First off:

Really? Do you have some proof that those people are the first ones to say that? What about gun control advocates without kids. They don't have children so they couldn't even say that. It almost seems like your emotions are telling you to be against guns and you're reaching out to make some sort of post about it.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:14 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
More strawman nonsense.

Added by edit.

More laws that are not enforced? Why?

Old 07-02-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Are you sure you want to open that can of worm?

Keep and bear arm is a right while driving is a privilege. If I follow your idea, anybody who posts here needs firstly obtain a license to speak because the freedom of the speech is a right too.
What can of worm? What is it with you people and the slippery slope argument? I'm married to my partner... and we're still waiting for fire and brimstone raining on us like you folks argued a couple years ago.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
More laws that are not enforced? Why?
I wrote out a 4 sentence long response, then erased it when I realized your post doesn't even warrant a proper response.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:19 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
I wrote out a 4 sentence long response, then erased it when I realized your post doesn't even warrant a proper response.
Doubtful, but you do realize that it has been proven that the current 4473 form is not enforced...

So, go ahead, lets have them 4 sentence long response....I'll be glad to talk about it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies