Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 11:20 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,433,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
If Obama was white and had an R by his name, the press would have been attacking him every night on everything conservatives have been talking about since Obama started working as President.
IF he would have been elected at all.

While making a point of taking pictures of Obama with a "halo" light effect.......they were digging thought Palin's hairdresser's trash can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 11:21 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,823,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
That truly is my problem with him, and others I know. He is so damn arrogant to a fault, where he seems to just not care what you or I think.

Pig headed, and someone with a childish bullish nature, when he does not get his way. Never seen a President act like him.
Well when someone is arrogant that is because they don't care what "anyone" thinks. And Obama's constant blaming of everyone else, republicans. He is talking to his base, trying to rile them up. He doesn't care if we listen to what he is saying.He does't care if anyone agrees with him.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:38 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,488,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
If Obama was white and had an R by his name, the press would have been attacking him every night on everything conservatives have been talking about since Obama started working as President.

Oh don't you know if he was a R, the press would be hounding him 24/7 for him to just give it up. News Paper articles, would be asking for him to resign. CERTAIN News Outlets would be all over his butt 24/7 and wanting him to resign, we all know this by now.

He would be getting attacked day in and day out, no relief in sight.

Which I find disgusting, because Obama deserves everything and more I just said.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:53 PM

38,933 posts, read 24,007,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
That 4.3% was at the start of his administration. That wasn't really what he was reviled for. Back then it was more things like having closed door meetings to let the oil lobby write the national energy policy or the failure to get any of our spy plane back from China. We basically handed them a blueprint for how to replicate it. He pretty much got a free pass on the failures to implement the counter-terrorism strategy handed to him by Clinton. Rice's comment was that they weren't given a plan, just a "list of actionable items" or a plan as other people would call it.

Bush got as fair of a shake with the media as he deserved and he didn't go out of his way to engage them unless they were Fox News.
A lot of the anti-Bush stuff was by MSNBC which is what Fox News is to Obama. It goes by political lines. I do notice that more and more Obama is starting to get the Bush treatment by other than Fox New on a regular basis. MSNBC. I don't like MSNBC or Fox News because both are cheerleaders for their side of the aisle. I rather come up with my own assumptions so it's RT America on YouTube, Young Turks and CNN for me.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:01 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,818,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Bush got as fair of a shake with the media as he deserved and he didn't go out of his way to engage them unless they were Fox News.
Talk about revising history at its finest! Even Comedy Central aired Lil Bush while Bush was in office.

How would you feel about a cartoon making a fool of Lil Obama?

How would THAT not be perceived as racially charged?

Bush was treated fairly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
A lot of the anti-Bush stuff was by MSNBC which is what Fox News is to Obama. It goes by political lines.
That is absolutely incorrect. No major media outlet is as vile and filled with hate rhetoric towards conservatives as MSNBC. I watch both Fox and MSNBC on occasion, and I've yet to hear the level of blather from Fox that MSNBC puts out. I mean come on... they have Sharpton on at prime time! Nuff said!

Old 07-11-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Talk about revising history at its finest! Even Comedy Central aired Lil Bush while Bush was in office.

How would you feel about a cartoon making a fool of Lil Obama?

How would THAT not be perceived as racially charged?

Bush was treated fairly
Lil' Bush was about bumbling Bush similar to making jokes about Clinton and the cigar after the Monica Lewinsky story came out. Presidential satire existed since even before clumsy Ford on SNL. It's nothing new. Obama just hasn't had it as much or as blatantly for whatever reason.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Lil' Bush was about bumbling Bush similar to making jokes about Clinton and the cigar after the Monica Lewinsky story came out. Presidential satire existed since even before clumsy Ford on SNL. It's nothing new. Obama just hasn't had it as much or as blatantly for whatever reason.
Hold on a second! We are talking about a weekly cartoon series devoted to trashing Bush.

Name a dedicated series designed to trash any other sitting President.

You look like a fool trying to say Bush was treated fairly, or that he wasn't trashed on a daily basis, fair or not.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Hold on a second! We are talking about a weekly cartoon series devoted to trashing Bush.

Name a dedicated series designed to trash any other sitting President.

You look like a fool trying to say Bush was treated fairly, or that he wasn't trashed on a daily basis, fair or not.
None but there were regular SNL bits claiming Ford was bumbling putz when Chevy Chase lampooned him. Hell, Animaniacs used that their factoid about him in their presidents song.
Animaniacs - Presidents - YouTube

Old 07-11-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
None but there were regular SNL bits claiming Ford was bumbling putz when Chevy Chase lampooned him. Hell, Animaniacs used that their factoid about him in their presidents song.
SNL targeted every politician! The entire show wasn't dedicated to the trashing of a sitting President. You can't deny these facts, so why are you trying?

Obama's administration is nothing short of Nixonian, and main stream media has been his protector. They come to his defense on even the most indefensible of his actions.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:41 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,823,967 times
Liberals and democrats are easy fools, Obama's fools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies