Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 01:42 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,798,413 times

Advertisements

Obama may say, he is "simply demanding the right to enforce [his] own version of heaven on earth." Yet, time and again, such leaders "are the very ones who always create the most hellish tyrannies.

Of course Obama says to "reject those voices that warn you".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 02:19 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,968,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
SNL targeted every politician! The entire show wasn't dedicated to the trashing of a sitting President. You can't deny these facts, so why are you trying?

Obama's administration is nothing short of Nixonian, and main stream media has been his protector. They come to his defense on even the most indefensible of his actions.
Bush was the only president to have a full show dedicated to lampooning him. No other republican president had that at all. FYI, Li'l Bush also spoofed other politicians even democrats. There was no Li'l Obama because he was not as known in 06/07 when the show was in production. FYI, the show before Li'l Bush, That's My Bush, could have easily been That's My Gore. Matt Stone and Trey Parker stated that they would have done it for no matter who won because both were full of comedy.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:32 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,772,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
That 4.3% was at the start of his administration. That wasn't really what he was reviled for. Back then it was more things like having closed door meetings to let the oil lobby write the national energy policy or the failure to get any of our spy plane back from China. We basically handed them a blueprint for how to replicate it. He pretty much got a free pass on the failures to implement the counter-terrorism strategy handed to him by Clinton. Rice's comment was that they weren't given a plan, just a "list of actionable items" or a plan as other people would call it.

Bush got as fair of a shake with the media as he deserved and he didn't go out of his way to engage them unless they were Fox News.
Like it was such a horrible thing the energy giants having a say in the matters of energy and oh gosh how we hated $2 a gal gasoline and the leftist were screaming like spoiled children over it. We sure hated that booming economy under Bush. Clinton had Osama....in his sites and let him go...over 3,000 dead and the world will never be the same thanks to liberal policies. Tell me...do you think Obama has a plan...or has he just placed a bunch of morons in power to execute a "list of actionable items"?

Old 07-11-2014, 02:35 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,772,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Who are you kidding? Before you so blithely try to revise history, I suggest you actually do some reading and look at the articles written by the LAT, the NYT and the WaPo. There we were, in the middle of an economic boom and there was non-stop hand-wringing on front pages and the opinion columns about the unemployment numbers and "those left behind". Remember that phrase? You don't hear it very often now, do you, because Obama doesn't give a krap about the economy.

The MSM has it lips firmly attached to Obama's keister, whether through intimidation or agreement with his policies. They won't touch Obama and you people aren't even be honest enough to admit it.
These supporters will not be able to see the truth no matter how hard you try. They just wont. They have rewritten history to make themselves feel justified in supporting failure. They will continue to support failure and insist 2 + 2 = 5 because there is never a wrong answer when their guy/gal is in power. So the border burns, people are still hungry, gas is heading to $4 a gallon and our dear leader plays pool.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:22 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,798,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
These supporters will not be able to see the truth no matter how hard you try. They just wont.

They have rewritten history to make themselves feel justified in supporting failure. They will continue to support failure and insist 2 + 2 = 5 because there is never a wrong answer when their guy/gal is in power. So the border burns, people are still hungry, gas is heading to $4 a gallon and our dear leader plays pool.
Those supporters are bought by democratic politicians and paid for by working people.

make themselves feel justified in supporting failure.... Just like Obama thinks, to them it's always the other guys fault thats why they like him. Nah, it's never them and thats exactly why the poor will always be with us.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:52 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,604,797 times
Unhappy Media Turns it's Back on Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Did The Media Just Turn Its Back On Obama? If So He

Has anyone ever seen this before, I have unless I don't remember, and if I don't please feel free to refresh my memory, but this speaks volumns.

Do you believe this is true?

B-b-but...

The lamestream media just LOVES Obama and covers for him all the time!

We all know we can count on Fox News for hard hitting journalism.

Fair and balanced.

Irony is not a mineral.

Carry on.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:17 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,913,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Leftists always hold Blacks to low standards, nothing new here.

Yet they placed Barack on a global pedestal.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:32 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,475,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
B-b-but...

The lamestream media just LOVES Obama and covers for him all the time!

We all know we can count on Fox News for hard hitting journalism.

Fair and balanced.

Irony is not a mineral.

Carry on.

Sure is compared to MSNBC NOT? I guess with the lameduck media, after 5 years, figure they would finally get on board, but not all of them either.

The lamestream media, has been clueless and ignorant, with Obama, given so many free passes who can count anymore.

Obama on my tapes in 0/9 and 0/10 I will see to it that our borders and border towns, are kept safe, we will have safe borders safe borders like you have never seen. Really! Obama not fair nor balance, be a good salesman and the clueless will buy what I am selling.

Proof is in the pudding!

Old 07-11-2014, 05:38 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,604,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Sure is compared to MSNBC NOT? I guess with the lameduck media, after 5 years, figure they would finally get on board, but not all of them either.

The lamestream media, has been clueless and ignorant, with Obama, given so many free passes who can count anymore.

Obama on my tapes in 0/9 and 0/10 I will see to it that our borders and border towns, are kept safe, we will have safe borders safe borders like you have never seen.
I live in a border town. I can step out on the porch and see the border fence. I'm safe. So is my town.

You?

Quote:
Really! Obama not fair nor balance, be a good salesman and the clueless will buy what I am selling.

Proof is in the pudding!
Seriously?

Old 07-11-2014, 09:02 PM

32,152 posts, read 15,143,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Yet they placed Barack on a global pedestal.
On the contrary. It was conservatives who labeled him the "messiah". lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies