Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2014, 11:04 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times

Advertisements

Is the cease fire on now? I heard there was an agreement but not much more on it. I find it yelling that not even Egypt is supporting Hamas at this point.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:16 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,278,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Not really saying we ought to, but I AM comparing it with Israel, since pro-Hamas westerners are telling Israelis to go and give Israel "back" to the Palestinians and the Arab hangers-on who come from surrounding Arab countries and like to also call themselves Palestinians. The land never belonged to the Palestinians. The Jews have been in Israel for millennia.
Muslim Arabs have been there for millennia as well, it doesn't matter what they've called themselves, they still have a strong claim to the land.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:43 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
Muslim Arabs have been there for millennia as well, it doesn't matter what they've called themselves, they still have a strong claim to the land.
But the bulk of "Palestinians" are immigrants from neighboring lands, where they lived in misery, because in the Arab lands neighboring Israel only the wealthy live well.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:02 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Is the cease fire on now? I heard there was an agreement but not much more on it. I find it yelling that not even Egypt is supporting Hamas at this point.
From what I can tell it's only an air ceasefire only as ground fighting is still continuing,

Old 07-26-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
But the bulk of "Palestinians" are immigrants from neighboring lands, where they lived in misery, because in the Arab lands neighboring Israel only the wealthy live well.
You mean "migrants" and not "immigrants".

Old 07-26-2014, 12:12 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,799,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
Really? People of Native American descent outnumber those that are not?
So I guess there are certain "qualifications" and "exceptions", according to you, that need to be met in order to be labeled an evil occupier.

Please make a list of them so that they are more clear. I've always been nervous that, since the last tenant in my apartment was evicted against his will, that I might also be occupying his territory!

Also, you don't think what Americans did to Native Americans (and the way they are still treated) is any big deal?

Kind of hypocritical. Justifying our countries crimes but whining about another country's crimes of the same vein.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News...ached-yet.html

That's about 4 hours from now (East coast time). Let's see how long it lasts. Anyone care to start a pool?

They pushed to 8am, but at 8:04 the following happened:

Gaza rocket hits open area in Eshkol as humanitarian ceasefire takes affect - Israel News, Ynetnews

Quote:
A rocket from Gaza exploded in an open area in the Eshkol Regional Gaza, just as a 12-hour humanitarian ceasefire took affect at 8am Saturday morning.

Did anyone place a bet on 4 minutes?

Old 07-26-2014, 02:51 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,165,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It appears they have had it and will take care of bidness. Screamers can scream but that time is over now.
Hardly anything to celebrate, it's women and children who are being killed, whilst Hamas hide away in secret locations.

Old 07-26-2014, 04:14 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
Hardly anything to celebrate, it's women and children who are being killed, whilst Hamas hide away in secret locations.
I definitely agree. War is not a cause for celebration, even when it is justifiable. People will die. Lives will be shattered. This is not a good thing.

As I've stated before, I believe that basically all blame for the current conflict rests on the shoulders of Hamas and it's supporters. That doesn't mean I think it's a good thing they're getting decimated. It would be so much better for them to pursue peace.

Old 07-26-2014, 05:01 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Palestinians can never have peace when they ceaselessly seek the destruction of Israel and the death of all Jews.
And their ignoble abandonment of their lands at the behest of the Muslim "brothers" who invaded back in 1948, backfired on them. Not only were they shown up as lousy incompetent tacticians and warriors, their ancestor's sale of crapland backfired when the Jews transformed the land into a bountiful garden. Now, they really lost face - lousy incompetent farmers, as well. Can't have that!
Islam cannot be shown to be backward, slovenly, and destructive of civilization.
The only choice they have is to incessantly seek to destroy their foe, who has exposed them to ridicule.
It is the will of Allah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies