Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 08:06 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,042,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Thanks for proving my point. Even you acknowledge that two hours of torture is barbaric, though you seem to approve of it. Perhaps it is you who would be more suited to the Middle East.
it's called sarcasm.......

But, just for the record, I wish it would have lasted 8 hours instead of just 2. Sorry, I just don't feel sorry for people when it comes time to pay the penalty. But, I'll sit here all day and smile about his death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 08:08 AM

35,087 posts, read 31,331,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
True. These people would be thrilled to have public hangings, hey, maybe stonings...whipping, flogging, let's satisfy sadistic blood lust and vengeance---that's the American way right?
Saudi justice would be a strong deterrent.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:11 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
The drugs used in capital punishment can not be exported to the US for use in execution under European Human Rights law and EU legislation and the same applies to many other parts of the world. Hence the US problem with lethal injection. The EU provides a lot anesthetic drugs and other such drugs to the US, if they were however used in even one execution they would be totally withdrawn and this would effect the US Healthcare system. The result is some states in the US are trying untested combinations of drugs and only making matters worse. Whilst pressure for the US to stop using Capital Punishment is growing in many parts of the world.

Europe's moral stand has U.S. states running out of execution drugs, complicating capital punishment - CBS News

New Statesman | US prisons, foiled by an EU boycott, are turning to untested drugs in executions

Europe taught America how to end the death penalty. Now maybe it finally will | James Gibson and Corinna Barrett Lain | Comment is free | theguardian.com

European boycott of death penalty drugs lowers rate of US executions | World news | theguardian.com

Can Europe End the Death Penalty in America? - Matt Ford - The Atlantic

Botched execution: Arizona prisoner takes two hours to die| News | The Week UK

Slow Death in Oklahoma Was Europe's Doing - Bloomberg View
US Tax Code and Regulations have forced most Drug Manufactures to exit the USA - this isn't a problem just with Lethal Injection Drugs ..... this is a problem with all Medical Drugs. Yet another major Drug Company announced this week that they are moving their operations to Europe and giving up their Corporate Citizenship - Senator Joe Manchin (W. Virginia Dem) announced that he had no idea that his Daughter (the CEO of Mylan Drugs) was going to do this. :roll eyes:

Keep in mind that Europe of the UN can make it next to impossible for any Medical drugs to reach the USA if they should choose to do so - we know this because they are already doing it with certain drugs.
We need some serious changes to our policies - we have forced too many essential industries out of this country.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:13 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
And it's not that hard. Stop making it complicated. I'd argue that the framers of the Constitution, when considering the idea of "cruel and unusual" where thinking of devices such as the breaking wheel or the gibbet, or perhaps burning at the stake or starvation as falling into that category. They did not know of and could not have imagined death by injection of a numbing substance designed to reduce awareness followed by another which would disrupt body chemistry and induce death.
The framers simply copied it from the British law. It's pretty simple, a death penalty means putting someone to death, which is different from making them suffer for two hours first.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:14 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I think it's funny! I think they should sell tickets or do Pay-per-view for executions.

As Chet says in "Weird Science": "boy, I wouldn't give a squirt of pis$ for your as$ right now".
That's about how I feel for these deathrow inmates and their 'suffering'.
That makes you as bad as the original killer.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:15 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I hear the guillotine works even quicker!
The guillotine would be more humane. Not that killing people is any respect humane.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:16 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The framers simply copied it from the British law. It's pretty simple, a death penalty means putting someone to death, which is different from making them suffer for two hours first.
I know huh.

Wonder if this human scum's victims suffered at all before they died. I guarantee their deaths were cruel and unusual.

Hopefully they get it right the next time and use a bullet. Save everyone a lot of money.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I see nothing cruel or unusual about someone sentenced to death and ending up dead after the process is over. I'd say, mission accomplished.
If you see nothing with someone having to suffer two hours in process of death, then you'd probably see nothing from in making someone suffer for two days. It says a lot about you.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I know huh.

Wonder if this human scum's victims suffered at all before they died. I guarantee their deaths were cruel and unusual.

Hopefully they get it right the next time and use a bullet. Save everyone a lot of money.
So, you basically want to be as bad, or worse than the criminal?

Old 07-24-2014, 08:21 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,042,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you see nothing with someone having to suffer two hours in process of death, then you'd probably see nothing from in making someone suffer for two days. It says a lot about you.
Like I said, I'll sleep very well tonight without a single ounce of sympathy for this guy. He got what he deserved. How long the process took is irrelevant.

And do you honestly think he 'suffered'? He was unconscious. They could have sawed his head off with a butter knife and he still wouldn't have felt a thing. (although I'm sure the anticipation as he was heading to the gurney was 'killing him'. Ha ha)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies