Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 08:41 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
I find it stunning that frequently the same people who oppose the death penalty are pro-choice, which amounts to respecting the life of a convicted murderer more than an innocent, unborn child.

I oppose both abortion and the death penalty for the reason I believe that the only time killing a human being is justified is in self-defense.
Stunning? Sorry you just lost your thought cherry with regards to this issue.

This criminal scum traded his life for his victims the moment he took theirs.

Execution is just the follow thru with that transaction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 08:42 AM

1,970 posts, read 2,710,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
So you too approve of the lead treatment in the execution process.
One well placed bullet to the head would do the trick. As a taxpayer, I'd even spring for the cost of the bullet.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:48 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I just don't get it, massive overdose of heroin and be done with it.
I agree! What is all the hullabaloo about those exotic execution drugs? H is readily available, comparatively cheap (there are supplies all over the country in evidence rooms, awaiting destruction), and I have read that the death by an overdose is calm and painless.
If the H runs out (NOT LIKELY), there are other drugs that the condemned can be pumped full of. meth, coke, etc.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:00 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Chemical execution is over thought. Talk to a veterniarian and ask to use a couple cc's of Beuathanasia or other marketed euthanasia drugs.

Took 25 years for this to happen? Wonder what rules for execution changed since he was sentenced?

Apparently a rocket scientist, a herd of lawyers and soical justice advocates made the lingering execution possible.

Kill those who have not yet lived and let those who have lived bady continue to live. After all, Woods just murdered innocents after they were born. Guess there is no difference to the pro choice crowd.

Pro choice should mean the convicted has a choice of limited execution options. A 'morning after' pill should be offerred the morning after sentencing.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:02 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser199 View Post
One well placed bullet to the head would do the trick. As a taxpayer, I'd even spring for the cost of the bullet.
I am entirely pro-choice on this issue. Choose life-don't murder. Murder-choose death.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:07 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
What torture was involved? The convict was unconscious and preseumably unaware the entire time. As was stated in a previous post, under even general anesthesthia a patient is unaware of what is being done to them and feels nothing - even though their heart, lungs or other organs may be removed and only a machine keeps them alive. I had laser lithotripsy last year - talk about torture! Yet I was unconscious and unaware the entire time, and felt nothing until I woke up. As I was sedated with Versed (Midazolam), I do recall saying "it burns" as I slipped under. Had a lib been watching, I guess he would have claimed I suffered needlessly. The only difference here is that the subject did not eventually wake up.
The difference is that sedated patients don't gasp, snort, snore, or twitch during the operation.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:08 AM

30,270 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
I find it stunning that frequently the same people who oppose the death penalty are pro-choice, which amounts to respecting the life of a convicted murderer more than an innocent, unborn child.

I oppose both abortion and the death penalty for the reason I believe that the only time killing a human being is justified is in self-defense.
What is so "stunning"ly difficult to understand?

Pro choice: against murder of innocent child
Death penalty: support for killing of convicted murderer
Those are not even the same.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:09 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I'd call this execution ugly, but not botched. Botched would imply it failed, and the condemned died.

Arizona murderer Joseph Wood executed - CNN.com
What always amazes me about death penalty discussions, is that the group of people who claim to be most afraid of too big government encroaching on their lives and freedom are usually gun ho supporters of the same government deciding to kill people.

And of course those same people who claim to be terrified of too much government power are usually ok with these reports that state governments are torturing people to death.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:11 AM

30,270 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
What always amazes me about death penalty discussions, is that the group of people who claim to be most afraid of too big government encroaching on their lives and freedom are usually gun ho supporters of the same government deciding to kill people.

And of course those same people who claim to be terrified of too much government power are usually ok with these reports that state governments are torturing people to death.
Killing murderers.
I don't find it torture.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
What is the length of time you might find acceptable? 1 minute? 10 seconds? And what if someone else says even that is too long? Eventually we're splitting hairs, and at that point the anti-dp crowd screams "Nothing is acceptable so therefore they must live!"
1 minute is too long IMO. I think most people would agree that it should be practically instantaneous. Hanging is instantaneous. I am not anti-DP. I think it is up to the States to decide whether or not they want to use it or not use it. However, if there was a popular vote about it in Florida, I would vote against it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies