Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 12:03 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,868,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Plus, the death rates are definitely wayyy higher because so many catching it in Africa are receiving late treatment with lesser care.
It is incurable.

This means, significantly untreatable.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:07 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
It is incurable.
Correct. 90% fatalities
That said not easily transmitted and the odds of it being a major threat are slim to none. The odds of some sort of bug or virus killing off a major portion mankind are far higher with some sort of super flu that has a high fatality rate, it could spread world-wide in a week with air travel being so common..

Old 07-29-2014, 12:12 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,360,295 times
The prognosis drastically improves as soon as you are wheeled into in a stairwell of Cook County Hospital

Old 07-29-2014, 12:26 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Thanks for some sanity.

Honestly, I am beginning to believe that there are some people that just NEED to have something to obsess over.
I am constantly amazed by how eager some are to welcome every drip of negative news as if it somehow confirms their already dismal life views.

They WANT to be miserable. They WANT yet another reason to justify their hatred of other humans. They go out looking for reasons to look under their beds.
These are the only conclusions to be drawn from the doomsayers.
Reality that hard to deal with? Nothing at all about being "miserable" or "hatred of other humans". REALITY. EBOLA is there and our borders are wide open.

Doomsayers worry about nukes dropping on our heads.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Correct. 90% fatalities
That said not easily transmitted and the odds of it being a major threat are slim to none. The odds of some sort of bug or virus killing off a major portion mankind are far higher with some sort of super flu that has a high fatality rate, it could spread world-wide in a week with air travel being so common..
So you scream about some super flu that is made up in your mind when ebola is out there killing folks......lol

You doomsayer. lol

Old 07-29-2014, 12:35 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Reality that hard to deal with? Nothing at all about being "miserable" or "hatred of other humans". REALITY. EBOLA is there and our borders are wide open.

Doomsayers worry about nukes dropping on our heads.
There is no ebola ON OUR BORDERS.

Ken

Old 07-29-2014, 12:37 PM

323 posts, read 499,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Latin American citizens are typically vaccinated against TB. Americans aren't. I don't know why. I've asked on these forums before and was met with silence.

That's because the BCG vaccine used in other countries against TB makes every person vaccinated skin test positive for TB and it has to be ruled out by chest X Ray. I don't know why America does not go the BCG vaccine route. It will take an epidemic of drug resistant TB. I hate TB. I am a nurse.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:28 PM

323 posts, read 499,579 times
After reading this thread, I do not think that Ebola has a rats a$$ chance in hell of spreading if it did break out in the USA because we'd be all over it and contain it. We being the American health care system. However, I think it would be a very good idea if the flights from west Africa oil field employees were stopped for now.

As for other contagions, I think it is in general a good idea to use those disinfecting wipes at the grocery store carts, do not touch any fomites (surfaces) in public areas such as restaurant menus, door handles or elevator buttons with your bare skin. This is called contact isolation. signed, Nurse Bishop

Old 07-29-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwinghillbilly View Post
After reading this thread, I do not think that Ebola has a rats a$$ chance in hell of spreading if it did break out in the USA because we'd be all over it and contain it. We being the American health care system. However, I think it would be a very good idea if the flights from west Africa oil field employees were stopped for now.

As for other contagions, I think it is in general a good idea to use those disinfecting wipes at the grocery store carts, do not touch any fomites (surfaces) in public areas such as restaurant menus, door handles or elevator buttons with your bare skin. This is called contact isolation. signed, Nurse Bishop
Be all over it and contain it? Did anybody contain Aids? Nah we didn't want to get anybody upset instead of quarantining them. Your wipes won't clean off ebola. Heck most don't even know their keyboard is a complete mess. lol

Old 07-29-2014, 01:37 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
There is no ebola ON OUR BORDERS.

Ken
Those Latinos are crawling with viruses.

"Assphage viral genome".

"More broadly, the study points to the importance of the human virome, a key component of the overall microbiome, study coauthor Bas Dutilh of Radboud University Medical Centre in the Netherlands told New Scientist. “The fact that the virome has been overlooked for 10 years is the elephant in the room in microbiome research,” Dutilh said. “Most people just focus on bacteria, but there are also viruses and even fungi. It’s the interaction between all of these things and the host gut that is really important.”

http://www.the-scientist.com//?artic...us-Discovered/

" . . libidos seemed as strong as ever. Infected males were even more sexually motivated than healthy males, it seemed, taking less time to begin courtship when presented with a new female (J Exp Biol, doi:10.1242/jeb.103408, 2014). “They were much faster off the mark,” Adamo says. “That was really very surprising”—especially because the viral infection had already rendered the animals sterile."

http://www.the-scientist.com//?artic.../The-Love-Bug/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies