Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 08:20 PM

29,536 posts, read 19,626,354 times

Advertisements

How difficult is it to bring a freaking ID/Drivers License when you go and vote? Just think about everything you do in your life that requires an adult to provide proof of identification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 09:08 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
How many qualified citizens are you willing to disenfranchise to ensure illegals don't vote?
So you say you are like a retard. Needing special help to function like everyone else is able to. The stupidity is beyond belief. PATHETIC! And you want people's respect?

Want spoon fed too? <sarcasm>

Old 08-02-2014, 09:13 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Here is my take on what you said. You need a valid photo ID to cash a check, go thru TSA at the airport, to enroll your kid at school, hell..you even need it when you go to the doctor these days. I think that if you want to vote...your right, of course..you should at least be willing to do this. Getting an ID at the DMV is about $5.00 and lasts for many years. Voting that important? How about putting a little effort into making sure it is a FAIR vote.

Just my take. I am pretty sure there will be howling from the other side. Way to go, WI
I needed a photo ID to get a prescription filled last week. I need one every time I go to the doctor. Same office I have used for the last 16 years.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:19 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Wisconsin Supreme Court Upholds State's Voter ID Law

More good news for Wisconsin today. Common sense prevails. The Badger State is on quite a roll!

[/color][/LEFT]

Great news!!

Old 08-02-2014, 09:22 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Awesome!

A democrat will have a very difficult time winning anything in Wisconsin now!

Old 08-02-2014, 10:30 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Awesome!

A democrat will have a very difficult time winning anything in Wisconsin now!
They won't be bringing the dead back to life now.

Old 08-03-2014, 01:09 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Here is my take on what you said. You need a valid photo ID to cash a check, go thru TSA at the airport, to enroll your kid at school, hell..you even need it when you go to the doctor these days. I think that if you want to vote...your right, of course..you should at least be willing to do this. Getting an ID at the DMV is about $5.00 and lasts for many years. Voting that important? How about putting a little effort into making sure it is a FAIR vote.

Just my take. I am pretty sure there will be howling from the other side. Way to go, WI

??? Birth certificate NYC - $15 + mandatory third-party processing fee $8 + Oregon ID renewal fee $40 (valid 8 years) = $63 Where are the "unfunded mandate" people when you need them?

Old 08-03-2014, 01:12 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? Birth certificate NYC - $15 + mandatory third-party processing fee $8 + Oregon ID renewal fee $40 (valid 8 years) = $63 Where are the "unfunded mandate" people when you need them?
I'm still waiting on the numbers of disenfranchised voters you keep talking about. Show me the actual numbers and make your case.

Old 08-03-2014, 01:56 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,482,052 times
It is totally amazing to me that the liberals use the aged to push their agenda to deny the need for voter ID. They claim we are uneducated and feeble and incapable of making it to the polls by ourselves. Here in Pensacola, we have long been required to produce our drivers license when we vote. I am 71 years of age myself and have had a drivers license since I was sixteen. I have run my own business, always done my own income tax returns and even those returns of my college educated kids. The days of the senile old uneducated individual is gone bye bye.

Old 08-03-2014, 05:20 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
It is totally amazing to me that the liberals use the aged to push their agenda to deny the need for voter ID. They claim we are uneducated and feeble and incapable of making it to the polls by ourselves. Here in Pensacola, we have long been required to produce our drivers license when we vote. I am 71 years of age myself and have had a drivers license since I was sixteen. I have run my own business, always done my own income tax returns and even those returns of my college educated kids. The days of the senile old uneducated individual is gone bye bye.
Well.....

Props to you, however, for being productive past 71!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies