Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 06:11 AM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i do believe that the gop wishes to exclude as many minorities from the voting process as well though
Why do you think minorities would be less likely than anyone else to have an ID? That's the bigotry of low expectations coming through in your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 06:24 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Wisconsin Supreme Court Upholds State's Voter ID Law

More good news for Wisconsin today. Common sense prevails. The Badger State is on quite a roll!

[/color][/LEFT]
It doesn't really matter because a federal judge already struck it down in April.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I needed a photo ID to get a prescription filled last week. I need one every time I go to the doctor. Same office I have used for the last 16 years.
I went to Walmart and got mine last week without an id, so to you.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Let's see...
When I go to vote, I must show my driver license, then I must sign in beside my name on the voter list.
So, not only do I have to verify my identity, I must be able to read and write my name!
I wonder why Montana has never been sued about this...
IMO, it is reasonable and proper!
Way to go, Wisconsin!
Montana has no voted id law actually. It's requested, but not actually required to show one. Voter Identification Requirements | Voter ID Laws

Old 08-06-2014, 07:40 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,404,740 times
Wisconsin has been run into the ground since Walker took over. How's Wisconsin's job growth doing?

Funny thing is... disenfranchising minorities in Milwaukee actually has debilitating effects for the GOP (they turn out stronger).

Old 08-06-2014, 07:46 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why do you think minorities would be less likely than anyone else to have an ID? That's the bigotry of low expectations coming through in your post.
No doubt he/she has already designated minorities as inferior. That's a slam against all minority races. Many minority races in this country are very intelligent. The Asian people comes to mind.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:24 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Actually, this was appealed in April by a federal judge so it is still going through the federal appeals court in Chicago. So regardless of the state supreme court ruling, this is still on hold so for the primaries this month & maybe for the regular election in November one will still not have to show an id. As for voter fraud, it has been proven ad nauseum that the "out of control" numbers that certain people like to tout as proof of voter fraud is just that....fraudulent. Please don't let facts get in the way though. Also, does anyone know what the 24th amendment of the CONSTITUTION says? Right, it's unconstitutional to institute a poll tax to vote. Requiring a voter id that one has to pay for is a poll tax. Requiring someone to pay for a copy of their birth certificate in order to get a voter id is a poll tax. Why do some religiously pull out the constitution when it comes to bearing arms yet conveniently forget the constitution when it comes to the right of voting?
Lving costs money. You can't have everything paid for by someone else. If you think it's important enough you'll find a way like the rest of function society.

If you want to fit in act accordingly instead of acting inferior.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:17 PM

29,522 posts, read 19,616,477 times
Lol... The other day, I needed to present an ID just to buy some Sudafed for my sinuses at the local Walgreens. People complain about showing a simple ID card to go and vote? Wtf is wrong with people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Actually, this was appealed in April by a federal judge so it is still going through the federal appeals court in Chicago. So regardless of the state supreme court ruling, this is still on hold so for the primaries this month & maybe for the regular election in November one will still not have to show an id. As for voter fraud, it has been proven ad nauseum that the "out of control" numbers that certain people like to tout as proof of voter fraud is just that....fraudulent. Please don't let facts get in the way though. Also, does anyone know what the 24th amendment of the CONSTITUTION says? Right, it's unconstitutional to institute a poll tax to vote. Requiring a voter id that one has to pay for is a poll tax. Requiring someone to pay for a copy of their birth certificate in order to get a voter id is a poll tax. Why do some religiously pull out the constitution when it comes to bearing arms yet conveniently forget the constitution when it comes to the right of voting?
You are reaching here. One also needs to be an American citizen to be able to vote yes? One needs to show an ID to register to vote yes? You don't seemed to concerned with the possibility of voter fraud

Old 08-06-2014, 12:45 PM

594 posts, read 346,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Wisconsin Supreme Court Upholds State's Voter ID Law

More good news for Wisconsin today. Common sense prevails. The Badger State is on quite a roll!
Agreed, a free photo ID to help protect our vote, so no one else can pretend to be us and vote in our place, or to either create a fake persona or vote illegally to essentially invalidate my vote and cheat in an election.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:50 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Wisconsin has been run into the ground since Walker took over. How's Wisconsin's job growth doing?

Funny thing is... disenfranchising minorities in Milwaukee actually has debilitating effects for the GOP (they turn out stronger).

Quote:
Consider, too, that Wisconsin has consistently trailed the national average for job creation for a decade across both Republican and Democratic administrations. Sluggish growth here is, sadly, nothing new.

Our View | Wisconsin Economy - Lousy job growth and Gov. Scott Walker

I was just in Illinois last week and I can say that Wisconsin looks like a paradise compared to the issues they are going through there. People are irate enough that they might even do something crazy like electing a Republican as governor.

Illinois near bottom of U.S. in job growth since recession, Labor Department data show - Employment News - Crain's Chicago Business

Rothenberg Report Changes Illinois Governor Race to Favor Rauner | NBC Chicago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies