Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 12:54 PM

594 posts, read 346,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I'm still waiting on the numbers of disenfranchised voters you keep talking about. Show me the actual numbers and make your case.
We have a poor voter identification system in place which makes it difficult and time consuming to catch fradulent voting. So how are we going to catch possible voter fraud if we don't have a good system in place to identify it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 12:58 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Here is my take on what you said. You need a valid photo ID to cash a check, go thru TSA at the airport, to enroll your kid at school, hell..you even need it when you go to the doctor these days. I think that if you want to vote...your right, of course..you should at least be willing to do this. Getting an ID at the DMV is about $5.00 and lasts for many years. Voting that important? How about putting a little effort into making sure it is a FAIR vote.

Just my take. I am pretty sure there will be howling from the other side. Way to go, WI

it does seem that the dems do not want a fair vote, otherwise they would be in full support of every citizen having a voter ID.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:07 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
So what do lefties really want? To do better or more of your money to give them more. As Morgan Freeman stated to leftist Don Lemon, race is no barrier to success today.

The poor can't get a voter ID so they say and the followers happily agree. That should be a tell, tell as to what they really want. They want you to pay for their wants.

50 yrs of so-called “progressive” policies have created women like Julia who depend on the government from cradle to grave, enslaved minorities so that they will forever be dependent on government handouts. The left must incite anger, victimhood, poverty to keep them in power.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:40 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Lving costs money. You can't have everything paid for by someone else. If you think it's important enough you'll find a way like the rest of function society.

If you want to fit in act accordingly instead of acting inferior.
So the constitution only applies when guns are involved, is that it?

Old 08-07-2014, 10:41 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post

do not go that route. the Constitution already says that the peoples right shall not be infringed upon, but the feds and states do their best to make as many laws as they can against those same firearms.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Lol... The other day, I needed to present an ID just to buy some Sudafed for my sinuses at the local Walgreens. People complain about showing a simple ID card to go and vote? Wtf is wrong with people?

You are reaching here. One also needs to be an American citizen to be able to vote yes? One needs to show an ID to register to vote yes? You don't seemed to concerned with the possibility of voter fraud
No, I'm not concerned because FACTS show it is basically nonexistent. How is following what the constituon says "reaching"? Let me guess, you only follow the constituon when it applies to guns, right? P.S. I never said a word supporting or condoning showing an i.d. to vote.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
do not go that route. the Constitution already says that the peoples right shall not be infringed upon, but the feds and states do their best to make as many laws as they can against those same firearms.
How so? So are you unaware of the 24th amendment?

Old 08-07-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I'll bet those same people who support the Bigotry of Low Expectations when it comes to voting ID have no problem signing up for Obamacare.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'll bet those same people who support the Bigotry of Low Expectations when it comes to voting ID have no problem signing up for Obamacare.
So can you answer the question?

Old 08-07-2014, 10:55 AM

The documentation (photo ID's) is necessary to both navigate and participate in 21st-century society.

A valid ID is needed to cash a check, apply for working papers, apply for a marriage license, apply for a mortgage, fly on a plane, get a credit card, buy a car, rent a car, rent an apartment, rent a post office box, buy alcohol, cigarettes, a gun, take out student loans, take out home equity loans, leave the country, get back into the country, get car insurance, get life insurance, get home-owner's insurance, etc.

One would think those interested in empowering the poor would do everything they can to encourage people to get a valid ID. Of course democrats only give offensive excuses why they can't and encourage you to stay in the dark ages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies