Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 09:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosopis View Post
They all love it.... even guys like Coburn who wanted to clean it up. Some may want the gov to run more smoothly and efficiently, but they all love being the decision makers. Every last one of them volunteered for the job and fought tooth and nail against all the other volunteers - not a one of them hates it.

There are a few causing trouble for the establishment Progressives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 09:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There are a few causing trouble for the establishment Progressives.
Like who?

Old 08-02-2014, 08:02 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Just wanna get a show of hands since I'm constantly hearing this or that politician rail against Washington...As if they're an outsider themselves.

Of course, all of us are represented by pols that LOVE Washington, but I don't think many of you believe it.

Funny how once they leave office, most of them seemingly find a way to stay in D.C. regardless.

The post elective office lobby money is too big a lure and too lucrative to leave on the table.
" most of them seemingly find a way to stay in D.C. regardless."

I know some do stay. I use "some" because I have no idea how many do and how many go "home".

All I ask is for some data on the subject.

Old 08-02-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" most of them seemingly find a way to stay in D.C. regardless."

I know some do stay. I use "some" because I have no idea how many do and how many go "home".

All I ask is for some data on the subject.
Do you really believe that your Senator or congressman hates D.C.or the Washington political culture?

That's all I'm asking.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:36 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
My representative is one of the Tea Party obstructives that votes 'no' on everything. If that is how you define 'hates the Washington political culture" he would qualify. He wants his job back at the mid-term elections. I want to see him move on. Can't wait to see what happens.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
My representative is one of the Tea Party obstructives that votes 'no' on everything. If that is how you define 'hates the Washington political culture" he would qualify. He wants his job back at the mid-term elections. I want to see him move on. Can't wait to see what happens.
I've learned to see through the several Dr. No politicians in congress. There's tons of political mileage in that stuff too.

Take the biggest Dr. No in the Senate, Tom Coburn...

He rails against Washington every chance he gets...never missing an opportunity to trash everything about the place.

It's easy to buy, given his folksy Oklahoma small town family doctor background.

But then you realize that the guy served at least 3 House terms and is on his second Senate term.

Now with all the fundraising and ass kissing they have to do to win a seat in either house, you KNOW damn well that he's being disingenuous. He absolutely loves Washington...And I doubt very seriously that he'll ever be living full time at his 7 acre Oklahoma spread ever again. He's entrenched, but plays as if he isn't.

Who would stay so long VOLUNTARILY in a place they despise so much if they didn't have to.

And the real kicker is that he's one of Obama's best friends and confidants...And you can best believe that 9 outta 10 Oklahoma Republicans don't know that. Lol

Old 08-02-2014, 11:04 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default How many posters believe that their Senator/congressman really hates Washington D.C.?

Since I'm from Texas, it's no great stretch to say that senator Rafael Cruz hates DC, along with most of the rest of America. John Cornyn? Just a bland career politician and mediocre partisan animal with no color or strength.

The exception is my Representative, Beto O'Rourke. An energetic and engaged young fella who is truly concerned with doing the right thing.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Since I'm from Texas, it's no great stretch to say that senator Rafael Cruz hates DC, along with most of the rest of America. John Cornyn? Just a bland career politician and mediocre partisan animal with no color or strength.

The exception is my Representative, Beto O'Rourke. An energetic and engaged young fella who is truly concerned with doing the right thing.
Cruz? Mark my words...he'll never live in Texas again.

O'Rourke is an interesting case. I think you're right overall, but no way do I see that guy ever going back to El Paso again. He's a young gunner...just the type of pedigree that can make millions in D.C.

Old 08-03-2014, 06:04 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Do you really believe that your Senator or congressman hates D.C.or the Washington political culture?

That's all I'm asking.
I wouldn't say "hate". It is a word thrown around way too easily.

I would say some don't like it others don't mind.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:32 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Cruz? Mark my words...he'll never live in Texas again.
I'd bet even money that the jerk won't even serve out his current term in the senate before bolting for a more generously compensated slot as a RWNJ pundit. Call it "the Palin plan."

Quote:
O'Rourke is an interesting case. I think you're right overall, but no way do I see that guy ever going back to El Paso again. He's a young gunner...just the type of pedigree that can make millions in D.C.
Beto's wife and young sons live here in El Paso full time and he's back almost every week, holding town halls, etc. He's a born and raised El Pasoan. Ambitious? No doubt. But he may have his sights set on other ventures besides congress or lobbying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies