Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you comfortable with the Ebola victims being brought to the US?
Yes 54 50.00%
No 54 50.00%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 08:44 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
Hell no! They don't belong here. It is NOT our problem.
Huh? Why do you say that Nancy Writebol and Kent Brantly don't belong here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 06:45 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,556,201 times
Interesting that the poll results are now split 50/50. I chose "comfortable", because I believe that all necessary precautions are being taken by the CDC and the hospital in Atlanta. No one wants to be the one to say that Ebola accidentally spread here due to their facility's screw up, so in light of that, I trust that everyone is being ultra careful.

I still think there's a greater chance of Ebola migrating on an airplane via a passenger who doesn't know they're sick when they first leave West Africa. No matter how diligently the authorities check for people with fevers, etc., I don't think it's possible to screen everyone without drastically slowing down the rate of air travel. There is a fine line to walk here between reacting in a reasonable and safe manner vs. creating mass hysteria and paranoia.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:48 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,013,729 times
Yes.

Better to have our experts working on him here than them going over there to work on it...........and some two bit idiot taking them out with hand grenade, leaving us with no experts.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:58 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post

I still think there's a greater chance of Ebola migrating on an airplane via a passenger who doesn't know they're sick when they first leave West Africa. No matter how diligently the authorities check for people with fevers, etc., I don't think it's possible to screen everyone without drastically slowing down the rate of air travel. There is a fine line to walk here between reacting in a reasonable and safe manner vs. creating mass hysteria and paranoia.
The major European, Asian and Nigerian carriers have discontinued flights to Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:37 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The major European, Asian and Nigerian carriers have discontinued flights to Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea.
Right - and I just looked up flights on Expedia and Delta, Air France, Lufthansa, United and other airlines are still flying in and out of Gabon, Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Guinea. Hope they're screening passengers well.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:32 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
this is worth a read.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies