Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2014, 03:27 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times

Advertisements

What I want to know is... if you support a businesses Right to refuse service to a gay couple, do you also support the Right of a private business to refuse service based on race? Gender? etc.?

It's the same thing really, and I'd love to hear the rationel of someone who tries to tell me it's not.....

Either private businesses have the Right to refuse service for any reason, or they don't... plain and simple....

{ by the way, I support a businesses right to refuse service for any reason..... let the free market reign and let customers decide with their wallets.... I'm just saying I don't understand why a business owner would want to turn down profit }

Old 08-09-2014, 04:12 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
What I want to know is... if you support a businesses Right to refuse service to a gay couple, do you also support the Right of a private business to refuse service based on race? Gender? etc.?

It's the same thing really, and I'd love to hear the rationel of someone who tries to tell me it's not.....

Either private businesses have the Right to refuse service for any reason, or they don't... plain and simple....

{ by the way, I support a businesses right to refuse service for any reason..... let the free market reign and let customers decide with their wallets.... I'm just saying I don't understand why a business owner would want to turn down profit }
What does a person's sexual appetites have to do with race or gender?

Old 08-09-2014, 04:15 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:

You're comparing preference of action (homosexual activity) to an immutable quality (race and gender). No, it's not the same thing.

And I think businesses should choose based on anything they decide. Their business, their risk, their profit or loss.

Old 08-09-2014, 04:18 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
So you're equating us with the animal kingdom?

Can humans do that? Trannies don't count as that's just mutilation.

And we all know how that story ended, right? Same with the Greeks.

Led by the Pope who proclaimed a goal for the "fundamental transformation" of the world through a policy based in "hope and change". What? It *wasn't* the Pope who said that?

When old fat people hold parades to display their pride in being old and fat and insisting on showing everyone else how they have sex, I'll object to that also and join you in your feelings for how gross it is. As a future old person, I'm withholding judgment for now.
We ARE part of the animal kingdom.

Last edited by weltschmerz; 08-09-2014 at 04:56 PM..

Old 08-09-2014, 05:48 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
Except homosexuality ISN'T a choice. What if they decided they don't want to sell to people with mental retardation, that would be fine with you too I assume?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Certainly.
How about a shop that sells ONLY goods made for left-handed people?
How about a shop that sells ONLY fishing flys?
As far as I am concerned, ANY business owner has an absolute right to determine who he (or she) will sell to, and who he (or she) will buy from.
Yes, I know, the Government has interfered with those rights. IMO, that is simply WRONG!
When the government grants a special right or privilege to any one group of people, they can only do so by removing a like right or privilege FROM another group. The taking of any right is just WRONG!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
Your examples are of a business selling specific items, not denying business to someone purely based on "religious principles", which are often cherry-picked. THAT is the issue people are having. If your religious beliefs are so strong that you feel the need to deny services, at least have the decency to be consistent in your delusions.

Just like its wrong to say "no blacks allowed in my store", it is also wrong to target homosexuals. Targeting of a specific group, is wrong. Just because something is legal, doesn't make it ethical. A lot of these excessively pro-business types are painfully ignorant of that fact.

No one is saying the mentally handicapped, blacks or even homosexuals are not welcome.

All they are saying is, according to their religious beliefs, homosexuality is sin and for that reason they cannot participate in a same-sex wedding.

It seems you are trying desperately to make same-sex marriage mimic the civil rights struggle of the 1960s and they just aren't the same.

Blacks are blacks wherever they go and everyone knows who is black and who is white and who is a little of both.

No one knows who is or is not a homosexual until they make their sexual preference known to people who didn't ask and probably wouldn't care were it not shoved in their face by people who want other people to know so they can regulate their religious beliefs.

Just because I like bacon doesn't mean the Kosher deli up the street has to carry pork products or serve me swine in violation of their religious beliefs.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:55 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What does a person's sexual appetites have to do with race or gender?
What does a persons sexual appetite have to do with buying a wedding dress?

Old 08-09-2014, 06:05 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No one is saying the mentally handicapped, blacks or even homosexuals are not welcome.

All they are saying is, according to their religious beliefs, homosexuality is sin and for that reason they cannot participate in a same-sex wedding.

It seems you are trying desperately to make same-sex marriage mimic the civil rights struggle of the 1960s and they just aren't the same.

Blacks are blacks wherever they go and everyone knows who is black and who is white and who is a little of both.

No one knows who is or is not a homosexual until they make their sexual preference known to people who didn't ask and probably wouldn't care were it not shoved in their face by people who want other people to know so they can regulate their religious beliefs.

Just because I like bacon doesn't mean the Kosher deli up the street has to carry pork products or serve me swine in violation of their religious beliefs.

I don't know how many times this has to be explained to you people.
The Kosher deli up the street doesn't carry pork products. Period. They're not discriminating against you by not serving you swine. Much like they wouldn't sell you a canoe or an iPhone. It's not something they sell.
The bridal shop, on the hand, carries wedding dresses. They just don't want to sell them to a certain demographic, because they suddenly gots that old-timey religion.
Never mind that they'll sell the same dresses to liars and thieves and adulterers and fornicators and divorcées and cheats. It's just the gays they have a problem with.
The hypocrisy is truly astounding.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:09 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
What does a persons sexual appetite have to do with buying a wedding dress?
It matters when their sexual and then marital activity is highly offensive to the people being asked to associate with it. To the bridal shop owner, selling a wedding dress to that lesbian couple was being an accessory to a crime against her god and moral values.

And she obviously didn't want the business from any other lesbian couples either. Clearly she didn't want these lesbians to buy from her and then send their other lesbian friends to buy more wedding dresses. So all the more reason for lesbians to get all frothed up. Basically, their lesbian money wasn't any good in that shop.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:16 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
It matters when their sexual and then marital activity is highly offensive to the people being asked to associate with it. To the bridal shop owner, selling a wedding dress to that lesbian couple was being an accessory to a crime against her god and moral values.
Does the owner question straight couples if they engage in anal sex or oral sex? She must know that newlyweds are humping like crazy in many positions and places that are not conducive to procreation.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:20 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
Once again we see the homofascists deliberately targeting Christian businesses in order to sic the media on them and force their perverted lifestyle on others.

I'm tired of the lynch-mob mentality. If someone doesn't want your business, go somewhere else. Simple. This isn't 1963, no matter how badly liberals want it to be. The bridal shop down the street will gladly take their money.

Live and let live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies