Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 10:16 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times

Advertisements

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT HELLFIRE MISSILES ON PREDATOR DRONES I AM PUTTING THIS IN CAPITALS AND IN RED AS TO MAKE THIS CLEAR BUT THEN AGAIN I HAVE A FEEL IT WILL NOT BE READ.

I mean RC drones armed with firearms/

Here we have a 410 revolver on a Quadcopter Drone.

I think it is a great tool for self defense and it would be great for people living on the Southern Border or people who have are held up in panic rooms.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:35 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post

I think it is a great tool for self defense and it would be great for people living on the Southern Border or people who have are held up in panic rooms.
I don't see how this would be beneficial really. How would it be relevant to people living on the southern boarder? Are they flying their armed drones over a distance and shooting cartel members with it? That's murder, not self defense. Same thing with the panic room example you gave. If you're behind the locked door of a panic room and you need to use a drone to kill the intruder, the way the law is written that would be an unnecessary use of force, as your life was not in immediate danger. I don't even think Castle Doctrine would apply in such a scenario. Take a gun in to the panic room with you and if the intruder is able to break in to the room, then you can shoot him.

Not only do I find it's use questionable in a self defense application, but I also doubt such a device would pass Constitutional muster as the current Supreme Court sees it. In Heller, they specifically stated weapons that were especially dangerous or unusual were not protected, and I don't think this device would pass the "in common use for lawful purposes" test that Heller sets forth.

I don't know about the legal and political aspect of it all, but I will say it's pretty darn cool!

Old 08-13-2014, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I don't see how this would be beneficial really. How would it be relevant to people living on the southern boarder? Are they flying their armed drones over a distance and shooting cartel members with it? That's murder, not self defense.
I mean if they were under siege in their house, and they had cut the phones lines or even just to scare them off.

Quote:
Same thing with the panic room example you gave. If you're behind the locked door of a panic room and you need to use a drone to kill the intruder, the way the law is written that would be an unnecessary use of force, as your life was not in immediate danger. I don't even think Castle Doctrine would apply in such a scenario. Take a gun in to the panic room with you and if the intruder is able to break in to the room, then you can shoot him.
Well state varies greatly but what does it mater if the gun is used by a human or a drone?

Quote:
Not only do I find it's use questionable in a self defense application, but I also doubt such a device would pass Constitutional muster as the current Supreme Court sees it. In Heller, they specifically stated weapons that were especially dangerous or unusual were not protected, and I don't think this device would pass the "in common use for lawful purposes" test that Heller sets forth.

I don't know about the legal and political aspect of it all, but I will say it's pretty darn cool!
[/quote]

Armed drones have been around since the 90s...So maybe but it would be lawful for target shooting or hunting for feral and nuisance animals like wild boar or nutria.

Plus this thing is very cool...I mean think of a gasoline or natural gas powered model with a belt fed AR15?

How would that not be cool.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:15 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT HELLFIRE MISSILES ON PREDATOR DRONES I AM PUTTING THIS IN CAPITALS AND IN RED AS TO MAKE THIS CLEAR BUT THEN AGAIN I HAVE A FEEL IT WILL NOT BE READ.

Is that tin foil hat a little too tight today? People held up in panic rooms? I think that's called Chicken Little syndrome.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Is that tin foil hat a little too tight today? People held up in panic rooms? I think that's called Chicken Little syndrome.
So you are telling me that has never happened? Ever? You are making that claim?

Old 08-13-2014, 12:27 AM

No, I'm saying that the odds that an armed drone would be useful for one of the few people who have a panic room and actually end up using it at some point is so infinitesimal that it's moronic to even suggest it.

Given that police in this country can't fly armed aerial vehicles, I'm pretty sure that the FAA isn't going to want tin foil hat wearing paranoid nutjobs flying armed drones.

This should all be pretty self explanatory for most of the population.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:31 AM

Quote:
No, I'm saying that the odds that an armed drone would be useful for one of the few people who have a panic room and actually end up using it at some point is so infinitesimal that it's moronic to even suggest it.
If it says one life, why not do it?

Quote:
Given that police in this country can't fly armed aerial vehicles, I'm pretty sure that the FAA isn't going to want tin foil hat wearing paranoid nutjobs flying armed drones.
Yeah police or law enforcement and they don't need these things.

"tin foil hat wearing paranoid nutjobs"....Well when you can make a point, make personal attacks..

Quote:
This should all be pretty self explanatory for most of the population.

You have to make a case on why people should be able to own on of these..

Old 08-13-2014, 12:36 AM

Your post is right after mine, so there's no need to quote me. Posts are also far more readable if you use paragraphs.

If it saves one life? Sure, that logic works until 1 person decides to take one of those drones and shoot the engine out a 380 during takeoff killing 400 people. Notice how there's no outcry from people in the country about how armed drones would be so helpful in saving people? Yeah, that.

It would make a nice conundrum for the gun loving yet drone hating people in the country. They'd actually have to think about making some sensible laws.

In terms of personal attacks, what person am I attacking exactly? The hypothetical people who would be piloting the armed civilian drones that don't exist? Did I offend the easter bunny too?

Old 08-13-2014, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Your post is right after mine, so there's no need to quote me. Posts are also far more readable if you use paragraphs.

If it saves one life? Sure, that logic works until 1 person decides to take one of those drones and shoot the engine out a 380 during takeoff killing 400 people.
Do you have any idea how impossible those shots would be?

Even a .50 cal could not take out the one engine least alone all 4 engines on a Airbus 380...For the love of God google some basic info.

Quote:
Notice how there's no outcry from people in the country about how armed drones would be so helpful in saving people? Yeah, that.
No their would be..But then again we are dealing in what if.

Quote:
It would make a nice conundrum for the gun loving yet drone hating people in the country. They'd actually have to think about making some sensible laws.
What does it matter if the hate them we have a right to own them under the 8th 9th and 10th Amendment.

Once again sensible is a nebulous term that is never based on anything logical but a never ending quest to limit the freedom of other people.

Quote:
In terms of personal attacks, what person am I attacking exactly? The hypothetical people who would be piloting the armed civilian drones that don't exist? Did I offend the easter bunny too?
Not a personal attack, just proving you are running on empty.

Old 08-13-2014, 01:02 AM

19,769 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
Dude- these whacks are so off the fringe that a personal nuke wouldn't be good enough for personal defense. The best thing is to let them play with R/C planes and pistols.

"Hey hold my beer and watch this ya'll!!!"

Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies