Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 03:24 PM

577 posts, read 900,581 times

Advertisements

There's been an inverse IQ-fertility rate for a few generations now, with the exception of those who have a lot of kids for religious reasons (muslims, FLDS, orthodox jews, some catholics & evangelicals). So at the end of the world we'll have a lot of stupid people and religious fanatics ruled over by a small elite. Or is that already happening??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 03:26 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
as long as there is oceans of government money and politicians that wont say no and taxpayers that wont vote, yes.

Old 08-16-2014, 03:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
With a birth rate of 3:1 (poor vs non poor) you bet they will inherit the EBT card.

Old 08-16-2014, 03:36 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,677,099 times
I taught school for 32 years and I noticed the same trend, the intelligent, well-educated, responsible, financially secure, married couples who were great parents usually had two children or less. It was a sobering thing to see year after year. Watch the movie Idiocracy.

Old 08-16-2014, 03:40 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I taught school for 32 years and I noticed the same trend, the intelligent, well-educated, responsible, financially secure, married couples who were great parents usually had two children or less. It was a sobering thing to see year after year. Watch the movie Idiocracy.
You just cannot afford big families today.

I grew up middle class in NYC. Everyone on the block came from big families..4-5-6 kids.
And we all went to Catholic school. And all the families took their 2 week vacations somewhere.
We went to Florida every year for 2 weeks.

You couldn't do that today with 4 kids in tow unless you have a very high paying job.

Old 08-16-2014, 03:47 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
They won't inherit the Earth but they might get legislation enacted to confiscate it.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:05 PM

183 posts, read 192,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
USA has 20 years tops.......then......pfffffft.....in comes China.....
It will come down to the Chineses against the Mexicans. All of the rich white folks will have moved out of the country.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:49 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You just cannot afford big families today.

I grew up middle class in NYC. Everyone on the block came from big families..4-5-6 kids.
And we all went to Catholic school. And all the families took their 2 week vacations somewhere.
We went to Florida every year for 2 weeks.

You couldn't do that today with 4 kids in tow unless you have a very high paying job.
This. Who can responsibly afford more than two children now, if even that? Yes, the uneducated and in some instances people with lower IQs are having children at a faster rate because they are unaware or unconcerned how difficult it is to raise a child to adulthood now.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:50 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,972,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
Full disclosure here. I am a male liberal homo. So is my boyfriend.

NPR had a program on this a few weeks ago. They interviewed social workers who all said they see the same people over and over from generation to generation.

Will the ignorant baby daddies and breeders inherit the Earth? After seeing what I've been seeing, I'm scared for our future.
Well, if you want to do something about it... Start trying to figure out how to change the culture in the home of those offspring of the baby daddies and the ignorant. And no, those are not 'code words' for any race, ethnicity, or region. I do not believe that who brought a human being into existence, or what they look like externally, has any bearing whatsoever on their value or capacity as a human being.

Rather, their life, from the time they open their eyes and see the light of day for first time, until they are about 15 years old, is the determining factor. Who is going to teach them the habits of productive people? Who will teach them how to recognize and achieve their potential - "potential" not referring to how many babies they can produce, or how feared they are by their neighborhood, but what they do that benefits the world around them.

Change can happen, but it happens ONE PERSON AT A TIME. It does not happen by debit cards, or government "programs", it happens by the interaction of person with person - the human influence of someone who has the knowledge and understanding...and the compassion to share it with another who needs it.

If you really, truly care about the future, then answer that challenge.

I'll tell you why it doesn't happen now. It cuts into your social time. It cuts into your work time. It cuts into your leisure time. It will tax your patience, it will hurt like hell sometimes. It will cost you money and emotion and it will be thankless much of the time.

Old 08-16-2014, 05:11 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,576,449 times
My boyfriend, hopefully life long partner, and I plan to adopt several kids. The religious fanatics keep passing laws banning us from adopting, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies