Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 07:57 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
97% vote democrat....if that's not "all thinking and acting the same", I don't know what is!
because voting dem means everything about them is the same...

and PWT's who vote GOP are the same as rich whites who vote GOP. Yup.. all the same.

Go back to your trailer and sip on that warm mountain dew!!!

Old 08-19-2014, 07:59 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Then why do they want to live right next to and among them?

Why do people from Pakistan, China, Liberia, El Salvador want so badly to be right next to us evil white racist inhumane savages?
they don't...

these people tell Blacks how they really feel about Whites when you aren't around... and they also tell Whites how they feel about Blacks when we aren't around.

These people prefer to live around their own if possible.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:59 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
97% vote democrat....if that's not "all thinking and acting the same", I don't know what is!
It's better than voting for the crooks that smile in your face and outsource your jobs.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:00 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Every day..............
Hang in there. At this point that's the only avenue open. To think otherwise would be tantamount to regressing to the years of forced segregation and the shame of the realization that civilization is still a foreign concept to America.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:46 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Sisko View Post
LMAO.

. All they are doing is following the money, sending it back home, and then maybe or maybe not move back to their country to live out their life. When they come to your country they dont even want to learn your language because they dont even want to communicate with you, you are completely irrelevant to them.

You are nothing more than an after thought in their mind and they could give a rats ass about some silly white boy and what that white boy thinks.

So what you're saying is they (and you) can't do it without us - our civilizations, cultures, infrastructures. Got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

These people prefer to live around their own if possible.
Hmmmm, if that was the case they wouldn't be dying to be next to us and trying to get into countries we started.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:54 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
So what you're saying is they (and you) can't do it
without us - our civilizations, cultures, infrastructures. Got it.
Who is "they," "you" and "us"?

Old 08-19-2014, 11:10 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I read this thread because I felt you were trying to open an honest discussion. I hope others will give you the chance to have that conversation.

Where I live, folks in the black community say that one reason they don't speak up is fear of retribution.

I think that may be true in many black communities, not just where I live.
Many thanks for your kind thoughts, however, it surely isn't going in the direction I had hoped it would....
but yanno, I thought that also, but didn't comment, however, perhaps that will change with time...
maybe not, but we can always hope right?

Old 08-19-2014, 11:32 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Fabulous post, thank you, and I feel the same way myself....was just thinking this morning, why is there so much hate? Where does it come from and when it makes us all feel so negative and angry, why even invest in it?

I know this incident, leaves me asking why....?

But I thank you kindly for your post....
On one hand, I get why many Blacks worry about this. I can understand why some Blacks would care about what other people might think of them. I understand as a Black man why this is. I find myself worrying about what someone else would think of me as a Black person. I worry because it would mean the difference between getting a job and not getting a job. It could mean getting followed around in a store. So much to think about.

On the other hand, it isn't healthy. It isn't stopping anyone from disliking Blacks. It isn't stopping criminals of any race from behaving stupidly.

I am just tired of having to care what anyone thinks. I am tired of having to worry whether or not someone will follow me around in a store. It's no good for anyone's psyche, and no one should have to have those kinds of burdens.

With this incident of rioting, I don't ask why. I sort of expected it to happen.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:56 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
No doubt. The only people who really fear the police are law-abiding citizens who don't bother anyone. And we should fear those among them who are power-hungry, abusive sociopaths. And we should fear them because they are given social and de facto legal impunity to abuse the citizenry.
I see it like that, to a certain extent. I can definitely say many law-abiding Black Americans would fear the police more than hardened, violent criminals would. On the other hand, I would say petty criminals would fear them too, in a sense of "I don't want to get caught".

This is one thing to understand about prejudice and racism. Anyone can have these thought processes. However, in the hands of a powerful person, the results are frightening. Anyone can be a bigot, anyone. However, the person who makes the hiring decision, the one who is a police officer, the one who is a judge, that is something to consider.

And I leave you with this. Black criminals are a danger to you and me. No doubt about that. Black men are the main murder victims of Black criminals. However, as scary as Black criminals are, they are the easiest to punish. They get caught quicker, booked quicker, tried, convicted, and sentenced quicker. Being poor, being poorly educated, well, it adds up to being poorly represented in court. Consider this. The Russian mafia is kind of hard to deal with. They deal in violent crime and white collar crime. It wasn't like dealing with regular criminals. Some had a decent education. Many could get a good lawyer.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:07 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Is this national news or something?

Also, what is the "black" community? African-Americans? Does it include Africans? Afro-Latinos or Afro-Caribbeans?

Are all ethnic communities of African descent supposed to respond the same way? Do you think they already do? If so, why?

Do you expect all of the above regardless of religious persuasion to react the same way? If so, why?

Quote:
Like I said.....black folks are individuals. And if "we" eliminate food stamps, AA, etc., what would white folks do? After all, they benefit from these things more than blacks do.
Beg people...like this one who just walked in the nail salon asking for money while I was having a morning pampering session. If you can walk in here to beg...you can GET A JOB or another one. Many white Americans have a sense of entitlement. They get mad if other people get benefits only because they want it all for their own. Not because they are really against it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies