Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 09:21 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
No, you don't know either of those two "facts". The bullet in the forearm may have occurred while running away and we don't know if he was shot at (& missed) while running away. The fractured eye socket claim is from a right wing website claiming it was told this by an anonymous source.
I quoted it yesterday but ABC is reporting the same about Wilson's injuries. I wouldn't call them right wing.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:23 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Dare offend someone, (not knowingly since everything seems to)... and your house gets trashed then they'll defend them
Dorian Johnson is under protective custody.
If Dorian Johnson changes his story once again (which reports have surfaced that he did) do you think he can safely go back home ?

Old 08-21-2014, 09:24 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
Quote:
No, you don't know either of those two "facts". The bullet in the forearm may have occurred while running away and we don't know if he was shot at (& missed) while running away. The fractured eye socket claim is from a right wing website claiming it was told this by an anonymous source.
We know that the bullets struck from the front, so the rest is your theory that the officer may have shot and missed.

This is from the Washington Post not a right wing site:

FERGUSON, Mo. — The police officer who fatally shot Michael Brown suffered a fracture to his eye socket in a scuffle with the unarmed teenager before opening fire, a family friend said Thursday.

Hospital x-rays of the injury have been submitted to the St. Louis County prosecuting attorney and will be shared with a grand jury now weighing evidence to determine whether Officer Darren Wilson should be charged in the shooting. The friend, who has been in contact with family members, asked not to be named because of fear of threats.
Police officer who shot Michael Brown suffered fractured eye socket, friend says - The Washington Post

Old 08-21-2014, 09:29 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
do you think he can safely go back home ?
Oh hell no. The New Black panthers have been calling for his death and there are blacks repeating the chant. Then there's good ole Sharpton to stoke the fires as he pads his pockets.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:36 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
The town is 70% Black.
Only 15% of them registered to vote.
Only 6% of them actually voted the last election.

Unless the bigger message is to Blacks across the US.
It is.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:47 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I quoted it yesterday but ABC is reporting the same about Wilson's injuries. I wouldn't call them right wing.
Got a link? I suspect ABC isn't reporting it independently but is saying "a website is reporting that..."

Old 08-21-2014, 09:50 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
Quote:
Lady Justice is supposed to be blind.

Will PC win here ? Will Wilson be tried for murder regardless so that the Black community can feel justified ?

History repeats. Near the end of the Roman Empire Nero blamed the Christians for all that was wrong with Rome.
And here we are where Whites are blamed for all that is wrong in the Black community.
I find your comments overly dramatic; however, to answer your questions, whether or not Wilson is tried for murder or anything else is in the hands of a grand jury.

We wont know their decision until later in the year. We may never know their thought process unless they speak; the evidence will be released and people can decide for themselves whether or not the grand jury gets it right. Likely we will not all agree. Life will go on.

As for blame, we all share a responsibility for the state of our country; realistically most of us will only impact our own local communities; the question is not whose to blame? the question is what are you(general you black or white) doing to make your community a better place.

That being said, if I were a white person in Ferguson, I would be pretty angry at the way the towns leadership has handled the situation. I do think in this case, the white leadership is responsible for letting things boil over to this point.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:58 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Dorian Johnson is under protective custody.
If Dorian Johnson changes his story once again (which reports have surfaced that he did) do you think he can safely go back home ?
He's not a bright cookie either, so any transition will be difficult. I suspect he has family in the South. He can start over there I guess.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:03 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I find your comments overly dramatic; however, to answer your questions, whether or not Wilson is tried for murder or anything else is in the hands of a grand jury.

We wont know their decision until later in the year. We may never know their thought process unless they speak; the evidence will be released and people can decide for themselves whether or not the grand jury gets it right. Likely we will not all agree. Life will go on.

That being said, if I were a white person in Ferguson, I would be pretty angry at the way the towns leadership has handled the situation. I do think in this case, the white leadership is responsible for letting things boil over to this point.
Quote:
As for blame, we all share a responsibility for the state of our country; realistically most of us will only impact our own local communities; the question is not whose to blame? the question is what are you(general you black or white) doing to make your community a better place.
Blame? Notice how they always blame everyone else. Nah! It's never their own fault, NEVER!

It's not my fault that some people teach their kids hate, victimhood or that the entitlement mentality. It's not my fault that people have kids and dad goes on to the next woman leaving baby behind for government to support. When I am forced to pay for welfare (for both black and white) it's not my fault.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:05 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
Got a link? I suspect ABC isn't reporting it independently but is saying "a website is reporting that..."
Nope, they are saying they have their own source.

Ferguson Cop Had 'Serious Facial Injury,' Source Tells ABC News - ABC News
Quote:
The Ferguson police officer who shot and killed an unarmed teenager suffered “a serious facial injury” in the altercation before firing the fatal shots, according to a source close to the officer who spoke to ABC News today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies