Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 03:59 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
This witness you rely on contradicts other witnesses you rely on. She says ---

1. Cop was in his car shooting the boy.

Which witness said he was NOT in the car when the 1st shot went off? And again, this is spur of the moment testimony after all of this took place

2. Boy put hands up, cop shot him, he fell, cop shot him some more.

Where do you think the "hands up, don't shoot" saying came from???

She thinks the cop never left his car and claims cop shot Brown after Brown fell to the ground. ['some' or 'six' more times.]

You are right that everything from the cop's side is from sources or 2nd, third hand. I'm not trusting them..
She also never said the cop didn't leave his car. She said "he was shooting the boy from the car"

I don't know what's gonna happen. I just don't like how this was handled. I definitely will be pushing for body cams on officers. Situations like this would be solved quickly and the public wouldn't have an excuse if the outcome didn't go their way.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:59 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yes, your'e right, it's not France.
It's the US.

I think that there must be a cell phone video of the incident out there somewhere.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:02 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Are you for real? Ever watched a boxing match by any chance? Or better yet, a UFC fight?
I don't quite know what you are saying. I am acknowledging that it is possible he was
smacked in the eye. And IF he was, and it diminished his vision and or thinking (like I guy
getting knocked out in a ring) he had no business wailing a loaded weapon around on
a public street during the day with a lot of people around.

So that

Old 08-20-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
So, you are saying that the officer shot Brown in the arms three times, and Brown just laid there and waited for him to walk up and shoot him in the head twice??
He could have shot Brown in the arms while his arms were raised, shot him in the eye, and finished him off wit the head shot.

If Brown was not charging the officer the head shot was an execution shot from the trajectory.

If the charging story is true, Brown would have to either be falling forward or leaning to the point he wouldn't be able to run due to his height and the trajectory.

Not saying which account is true, but how both could play out.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"The boy did not do anything to deserve that"?

So -

1. assualting a police officer
2. trying to grab the officer's gun (presumably to shoot him)
3. charging the officer

............... constitutes "doing nothing to deserve that"?

Who then, does deserve to be shot?
Well your not a witness and she didn't say anything to that nature in her interview.

Neither have any of the witnesses.

So basically what your saying is that your going off of the officer's account only.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:08 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If every cop just got back in their car when faced with danger the lawless would be ruling this country.
You are going to have to come to grips with the fact that cops shoot people.

A cop's life is not all about pulling people over for speeding tickets or helping stranded motorists.
We are not talking about being faced with danger, or even a cop shooting people.

We are talking about an officer that was supposedly so beaten he supposedly had a fractured eye socket, which would make him incapable of performing his duties in a concise and thoughtful manner.

If you jeopardize the safety of others while injured, you are not performing a
public service to anyone by engaging in haphazard behavior. You, yourself have become
a public danger.

Of course this is just an argument IF he was severely beaten and had a fractured eye socket.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:09 PM

polly all due respect but have you ever been confronted by a dangerous person?

Old 08-20-2014, 04:12 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I don't quite know what you are saying. I am acknowledging that it is possible he was
smacked in the eye. And IF he was, and it diminished his vision and or thinking (like I guy
getting knocked out in a ring) he had no business wailing a loaded weapon around on
a public street during the day with a lot of people around.

So that
You keep using the term "wailing" in reference to the officer's weapon. Do you think he was staggering about, waving his firearm around? That connotation seems to come across in your words. I actually do not buy the theory that his vision was diminished which accounted for his shooting towards the right side of the body. Even a breath can make the trajectory of a bullet change slightly. It's why officers are taught to aim for center mass and why, when learning to shoot firearms, you are instructed to squeeze the trigger vice pulling it. However, if the officer was able to hit Brown even if he was assaulted and even in a high stress situation, it would actually point to good control of his aim during the incident.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:14 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I think that there must be a cell phone video of the incident out there somewhere.
Why???

It would have to begin before there was any excitement.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Why???

It would have to begin before there was any excitement.

If 100 people were on that street at least one of them would have taken a video immediately upon hearing the altercation. It's almost 2nd nature now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies