Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2014, 09:53 AM

275 posts, read 193,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Attorneys just said, a person past does not matter....
It sure did during the o.j. Trial and his lawyers pounded it but now all of a sudden it doesn't?

Old 08-22-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I don't know why I'm bothering. First, it's been explained to you about those tapes - they are the wrong dispatch. Second, you're assuming on why that officer was there. I can do that too. I'm going to assume the shooting was called in by either Wilson of the second officer who arrived on the scene mere minutes after the shooting. See, that's all we have - assumptions - until the evidence provided to the Grand Jury is provided to the public. Until then, stop trying to make every wrong assumption on your part into some grand conspiracy.

After reading her Posts South bel don't bother her mind is made up and she can't see outside of that mindset.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Some folks could look at that a different way:
All those things COULD imply the police are trying to get him to change his story.

I remember a lot of that happening in the Troy Davis case in GA. Witnesses came out and
even said, they said what they said because of police pressure of retaliation of some sort.
Didn't you just say you didn't say conspiracy. You want one outcome regardless of evidence. I already hear people saying coverup. Playing victim must get people off

Old 08-22-2014, 10:01 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
Glad to see people speaking up.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:05 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isee-you View Post
It sure did during the o.j. Trial and his lawyers pounded it but now all of a sudden it doesn't?
According to this guy, after the robbery, Brown's state of mind could lead to motive or intent and
under rule 404(b) likely be relevant and admissible in court.

Why Michael Brown’s robbery would be admissible at a federal criminal trial - The Washington Post

but then the fact that Brown was never charged in a Robbery, not because he is dead but because,
according to his lawyer, the robbery never took place -

"There was no crime. A customer may have called the police, but the owner never filed any charges. In order for a crime to have happened, the victim needed to make a report. The shoving of the store owner, which is a misdemeanor battery, cannot be used against Brown if he were alive. - Jay Kanzler

Deep-Seated Racism At The Root Of Ferguson Police's Handling Of The Mike Brown Shooting

Very interesting how ^^^ will go down.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:06 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I wouldn't assume he would be talking to him, but I don't know what the normal process is.

The Ferguson Police Chief has said Wilson was cooperating with investigators.

The DA has or will receive whatever he told the investigators.

Why would you expect someone who may end up a criminal defendant to be chatting with the DA who could end up prosecuting him?
With his lawyer present, giving an official statement could then be leaked by a 'source' to bolster his side of the pre-trial publicity.

I don't know which 'investigators' the chief is talking about.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:12 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
I've already said that while I too am waiting for the evidence to come out, I cannot help but lean towards believing the officer's account of the shooting, as it was relayed by a source. Primarily, this is due to my feeling that it is the more logical and likely of the scenarios. However, I am not a person prone to myopia and would, if the evidence proves to show a different story, find myself swayed in a different direction. But thanks for playing!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-22-2014 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 08-22-2014, 10:12 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isee-you View Post
Didn't you just say you didn't say conspiracy. You want one outcome regardless of evidence. I already hear people saying coverup. Playing victim must get people off
Actually I want the outcome of justice If Wilson was beaten and IF Brown turned around and
starting towards him again to continue to beat him, THEN Wilson would have every right to blow him away.

I am not going to join a riot if Wilson's found innocent....

But as I see it today, things are not going in Mr. Wilson's favor.

As far as police intimidation, that is not a conspiracy. That stuff happens. I gave the
Troy Davis case as an example. Johnson is smart to have folks around him.
If I was him, I'd move out of Ferguson all together.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:15 AM

Read article (LAME)

http://m.theatlantic.com/politics/ar...rguson/378928/

Washington Post column after the Brown shooting contained a personal and poignant account of his mother’s lessons to him as a young black man:

How I shouldn’t run in public, lest I arouse undue suspicion. How I most definitely should not run with anything in my hands, lest anyone think I stole something. The lesson included not talking back to the police, lest you give them a reason to take you to jail—or worse.

And I was taught to never, ever leave home without identification.

Last edited by Isee-you; 08-22-2014 at 10:24 AM..

Old 08-22-2014, 10:22 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,998,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Your poor grammar aside, I've already said that while I too am waiting for the evidence to come out, I cannot help but lean towards believing the officer's account of the shooting, as it was relayed by a source. Primarily, this is due to my feeling that it is the more logical and likely of the scenarios. However, I am not a person prone to myopia and would, if the evidence proves to show a different story, find myself swayed in a different direction. But thanks for playing!
Officer Wilson has a large incentive to shape the story he tells. He has also had several days and access to lawyers to develop a story that is logical.

Hopefully the forensic evidence will be sufficient to allow us the understand the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies